Retirement Visa

When I arrive in Thaialnd Nov 6th it is on a non o multi issued in mid January 2014. I know I can get 3 months followed by another 3 months by doing a border trip before the non o runs out. Can I get a retirement visa after the non o has expired (mid Jan) in Feb or March before my stay runs out. I ask because I have been told rightly or wrongly that if I applied in Nov or Dec that a retirement would run from the date I entered. The reason for asking is that often I have to return to the uk in Nov/Dec and I didn't want it to need to be renewed whilst I was possibly in the UK.

I will be dealing with the Jomtien office.

You can apply for an extension of stay based on retirement during the last 45 days of any permission to stay if you have the required income or money in the bank or combination. You will need a re-entry permit in that case to leave and re-enter Thailand

I ask because I have been told rightly or wrongly that if I applied in Nov or Dec that a retirement would run from the date I entered. The reason for asking is that often I have to return to the uk in Nov/Dec and I didn't want it to need to be renewed whilst I was possibly in the UK.

Your one year extension of stay clock begins ticking the day after your 90-day entry permit expires. From your info, this means you're now stamped in until the first week in February. If you did your retirement extension during this current 90-day permission of stay, your annual retirement renewals would then all occur in early February. Go out and back in early January, before applying for retirement extension -- your retirement extension anniversary month would be April.