Celebrity nabbed in Bangkok police raid on drug-fueled gay bar

webfact

Celebrity Nabbed In Police Raid On Drug-Fueled Gay Bar
By Khaosod English

14138023521413802608l.jpg
Police investigate the rooftop Hijack bar, which was operating without a license, Oct 19 2014.

BANGKOK – Police raided an unlicensed gay bar in northern Bangkok over the weekend, where the found dozens of people who tested positive for drug use, including a well-known internet celebrity.

Hijack bar, located in Lat Yao district, posed as a sauna but was illegally operating as an entertainment venue without a license, said Pol.Col. Saktawee Sribantao, a police officer at Phaholyothin Police Station.

The police raid at the venue on Saturday night followed complaints from local residents, Pol.Col. Saktawee said.

Itthipol Traiduangrat, the owner of the bar, attempted to prevent police officers from entering the venue and claimed to be a newspaper reporter who knew influential people. He also reportedly threatened to press charges against the police for criminal damages during their raid.

However, police detained Itthipol and proceeded to storm the venue and detain more than 80 party-goers, Pol.Col. Saktawee said. One of the patrons was Sitthipong "Pom" Jiracharoenwong, 24, a well-known celebrity among Thailand's online gay community, who was at the party with his 18-year-old boyfriend.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1413802352

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-10-20

• Like 1

"Itthipol Traiduangrat, the owner of the bar, attempted to prevent police officers from entering...However, police detained Itthipol and proceeded to storm the venue and detain more than 80 party-goers,"

Here's a novel idea...If you are going to have an illegal venue, remember to make sure there is a back door. Then, when the police are at the front door, follow the advice of Monty Python.."RUN AWAY,. RUN AWAY!!!" w00t.gif

• Like 2

A few thousand Baht in the right hands should clear this up and back to normal by next weekend.....with new 'protection box ' fitted just outside the front door.

Hmmm not sure once its gone public a few thousand won't be enough.

What is "Pom" famous for on the internet?

His Romanized name doesn't google well. coffee1.gif

You're not Australian are you? Neither am I but I know what a pom refers to.

Pom or Pommie is a derogatory term (to my limited knowledge) used by an Aussie when referring to British folks. I have no idea where it originated.

Us "Yanks" call them Limeys, as at the height of the British Empire, they figured out that scurvy was best treated/prevented with a dose of lime juice every day as it was caused by a lack of Vitamin C (mainly) to the sailors in their fleet that pretty much was bad-ass in their day.

I bet that lime juice went pretty good with a tot of rum smile.png .

I wonder what Limeys call Aussies???

It's all vernacular Brother/Mate/Dude/Amigo. Wikipedia.org is your friend.

==============

Back on topic, if I were raiding a gay bar and demanding urine samples, I'd be wearing rubber gloves. Hell, I'd be wearing a full HAZMAT suit!

Then again the BiB don't even do that with murder investigations (Koh Tao). Curious how one can refuse a DNA test in a murder investigation, but must pee in a cup if they decide they want you to.

What is "Pom" famous for on the internet?

His Romanized name doesn't google well. coffee1.gif

You're not Australian are you? Neither am I but I know what a pom refers to.

Pom or Pommie is a derogatory term (to my limited knowledge) used by an Aussie when referring to British folks. I have no idea where it originated.

Us "Yanks" call them Limeys, as at the height of the British Empire, they figured out that scurvy was best treated/prevented with a dose of lime juice every day as it was caused by a lack of Vitamin C (mainly) to the sailors in their fleet that pretty much was bad-ass in their day.

I bet that lime juice went pretty good with a tot of rum smile.png .

I wonder what Limeys call Aussies???

It's all vernacular Brother/Mate/Dude/Amigo. Wikipedia.org is your friend.

==============

Back on topic, if I were raiding a gay bar and demanding urine samples, I'd be wearing rubber gloves. Hell, I'd be wearing a full HAZMAT suit!

Then again the BiB don't even do that with murder investigations (Koh Tao). Curious how one can refuse a DNA test in a murder investigation, but must pee in a cup if they decide they want you to.

Missed it by that much ...

Jingthing was after a URL for more info on POM.

Sorry I can't help, my interweb Google can't find him either.