British voters, not Barroso, are my boss over EU immigration - Cameron

Lite Beer

British voters, not Barroso, are my boss over EU immigration - Cameron

LONDON: -- David Cameron is to set out further plans to curb the rights of EU migrants to work in the UK by Christmas, insisting the British people and not Brussels officials are his "boss".

No 10 is said to be examining several options but no decision has been taken.

Outgoing European Commission head Jose Manuel Barroso suggested an "arbitrary cap" on migrants would not be accepted.

But Mr Cameron said he would "fix" the issue. Labour and the Lib Dems criticised his stance.

Downing Street has rejected claims it risks alienating other member states and putting its EU membership in doubt.

BBC political editor Nick Robinson said it was not clear what the new measures would be or whether the prime minister would announce them before the Rochester and Strood by-election on 20 November, where the Tories are trying to prevent UKIP from snatching the seat.

'Fix it'
In recent days, it has been reported that the UK could seek an "emergency brake" to stop EU migration after it reached a certain level or to limit the number of National Insurance numbers issued to new arrivals from the EU.

Mr Cameron has said the relationship with the EU will be reformed ahead of an in/out referendum, to be held by the end of 2017, if his Conservative Party gains a majority at next year's general election.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-29684585

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-20

Jose has spelt it out very clearly to the British public, that it is his organisation that runs Britain and not D. Cameron.

Cameron cannot stop lying , he has no control over his country, The EU need G.B to pay for poorer EU states, they need the British Pound.

• Like 2

Jose has spelt it out very clearly to the British public, that it is his organisation that runs Britain and not D. Cameron.

Cameron cannot stop lying , he has no control over his country, The EU need G.B to pay for poorer EU states, they need the British Pound.

Well it aint going to last, I can assure you of that because come May, UKIP will almost certainly hold the balance of power in the UK election and they will demand a proper cast iron public referendum of EU membership. Within 12 months at the most. Or they won't join a coalition.

Referendum = UK out of the EU.

Then it will collapse because France and Germany will also be forced out and that my friend is 'goodnight Vienna'.

• Like 2

And one by one the Tories are attempting to morph themselves into a mirror image of UKIP in some seedy attempt to steal its voters back.

Sorry Cameron, but you don't have a chance, or even 10% of the charisma that Farage has.

He has already 'promised' an EU referendum, something he would never do had Farage not first promised it.... Now he is trying to copy Farage by attempting to spout his indignation of EU legislators..... well it won't work you phoney... We all know you are 100% pro-EU.

Yes! Cameron has been a four year disaster,unfortunately he dosn't understand he will not be around after the next Election in prabably May or early June 2015,let alone 2017 to implement his UKIP forced reluctant offer of a Referendum!

I don't know why but I can't look and listen, to Cameron, without seeing a smoother version of a dodgy used car salesman!

Edited by MAJIC

And one by one the Tories are attempting to morph themselves into a mirror image of UKIP in some seedy attempt to steal its voters back.

Sorry Cameron, but you don't have a chance, or even 10% of the charisma that Farage has.

He has already 'promised' an EU referendum, something he would never do had Farage not first promised it.... Now he is trying to copy Farage by attempting to spout his indignation of EU legislators..... well it won't work you phoney... We all know you are 100% pro-EU.

Yes! Cameron has been a four year disaster,unfortunately he dosn't understand he will not be around after the next Election in prabably May or early June 2015,let alone 2017 to implement his UKIP forced reluctant offer of a Referendum!

I don't know why but I can't look and listen, to Cameron, without seeing a smoother version of a dodgy used car salesman!

The only way back in for Cameron is a hung parliament and extending his hand out to UKIP for a coalition.... We all know it is going to be labour in a tight win, with no absolute majority Farage has the balance of power in his hands, because no way will the Dems get anywhere near UKIP.

I would think hell would freeze over before UKIP got into bed with Labour. So that means a strong possibility Cameron will get back in (in my opinion).

I have heard many UKIP supporters say they are worried a coalition with the Tories will end up damaging them the same it did the Dems, but I personally doubt it, Farage is not the poodle that Clegg is. He is not afraid of Cameron and he already has two Tory defectors with more bound to come before the elections.

Farage will get many concessions out of Cameron in return for another 5 years in office. Farage will make sure he sticks to his word.

• Like 1

The only way back in for Cameron is a hung parliament and extending his hand out to UKIP for a coalition.... We all know it is going to be labour in a tight win, with no absolute majority Farage has the balance of power in his hands, because no way will the Dems get anywhere near UKIP.

I would think hell would freeze over before UKIP got into bed with Labour. So that means a strong possibility Cameron will get back in (in my opinion).

I have heard many UKIP supporters say they are worried a coalition with the Tories will end up damaging them the same it did the Dems, but I personally doubt it, Farage is not the poodle that Clegg is. He is not afraid of Cameron and he already has two Tory defectors with more bound to come before the elections.

Farage will get many concessions out of Cameron in return for another 5 years in office. Farage will make sure he sticks to his word.

Well the Lib Dems,having been practically wiped out,will not be in the running for another coalition! that leaves UKIP to either choose Labour or the Tories to bargain with. Labour has had a gift from the NO vote in Scotland which gives them a little more strength. So Labour might be forced by UKIP to either form a Coalition with Labour, or UKIP will form a coalition with the Tories. No wonder Farage and UKIP can't stop laughing! It seems to me it's Heads or Tails, UKIP will hold the balance of power!

This could be the most exciting UK National Election ever! and may the best of what's on offer benefit the people,and not the Politicians!

• Like 2

"Farage will get many concessions out of Cameron in return for another 5 years in office. Farage will make sure he sticks to his word".

Squeeze Cameron until the Pips Squeek! he deserves it!

Even his Flagship immigration policy,headed up by Home Secretary Teresa May,is an abject failure with 250,000 new immigrants higher than target!

Edited by MAJIC

Well the Lib Dems,having been practically wiped out,will not be in the running for another coalition! that leaves UKIP to either choose Labour or the Tories to bargain with. Labour has had a gift from the NO vote in Scotland which gives them a little more strength. So Labour might be forced by UKIP to either form a Coalition with Labour, or UKIP will form a coalition with the Tories. No wonder Farage and UKIP can't stop laughing! It seems to me it's Heads or Tails, UKIP will hold the balance of power!

This could be the most exciting UK National Election ever! and may the best of what's on offer benefit the people,and not the Politicians!

Oh you are dead right there.... Farage and UKIP are pissing themselves laughing especially the way the Tories are starting to sound like UKIP every day in their policies.

I think it was the Tory Party chairman Grant Shapps who said.... 'First we ignored them, then we ridiculed them and their policies and now we have realised that we have to take them very seriously'.... That was when Carswell defected and made British By-election history by taking 60% of the vote and absolutely annihilated the Cons. In two weeks it will be repeated by Mark Reckless.

This is going to be a very interesting election. In 2010 there was a voter turnout of about 60% (or a little under) Next year I can see the voter apathy subside and many will come out to vote UKIP. (out of those who won't normally bother voting).

I can see a huge pre-election surge for them.

This election will be the most important in many people's lives.... This will be a vote for real change, and like you said... This is now 'the people's' vote for the change they want.

Cast off this EU millstone and become a great nation once again.

Oh you are dead right there.... Farage and UKIP are pissing themselves laughing especially the way the Tories are starting to sound like UKIP every day in their policies.

I think it was the Tory Party chairman Grant Shapps who said.... 'First we ignored them, then we ridiculed them and their policies and now we have realised that we have to take them very seriously'.... That was when Carswell defected and made British By-election history by taking 60% of the vote and absolutely annihilated the Cons. In two weeks it will be repeated by Mark Reckless.

This is going to be a very interesting election. In 2010 there was a voter turnout of about 60% (or a little under) Next year I can see the voter apathy subside and many will come out to vote UKIP. (out of those who won't normally bother voting).

I can see a huge pre-election surge for them.

This election will be the most important in many people's lives.... This will be a vote for real change, and like you said... This is now 'the people's' vote for the change they want.

Cast off this EU millstone and become a great nation once again.

Yes! Mark Reckless is destined to be the next feather in the UKIP cap!

I have followed Politics since I was 15 years old. And what we are witnessing now is extraordinary, unprecedented, I venture to say that we have a people at their wits end who have been lied to, too many times,and now they will not tolerate the lies any more, (Edward Heath lied to the people,when he claimed before joining we are going into a trading Nation called the "Common Market",before he died he admitted on British TV that he always planned for a Federal Europe,another Traitor from the Establisment)

Now i'm hoping Farage and UKIP will not let the people down,like all the other Parties have for many years! and can turn around the past mistakes of the career deviants! and fortune,and wealth seekers,at the expense of the people!

And here is where the old peoples Traitor Edward Heath decided that what the people thought they were getting in the "Common Market " was in fact his dream of a Federal Europe! There is more if you care to look! under the 30 year rule of Secret files!

The Strange Case of the Werner Report

It is not often a British Prime Minister remains active in politics long enough to be caught out by secret papers released under the 30-year rule from the time he was in office. But such was the case in January 2001 when the Public Record Office at Kew opened the files relating to Edward Heath’s application to join the Common Market in 1970.

"http://www.brugesgroup.com/eu/britain-and-europe-the-culture-of-deceit.htm?xp=paper"

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 2

Monkeying around with national insurance numbers doesn't make a lot of sense.

There is one simple, legal way of limiting EEA workers. Just 'simplify' the right-to-work checks by removing non-British EEA passports and ID cards from the list of 'acceptable documents' to demonsntrate the right-to-work, and require that registration certificates or documents issued to EEA nationals have a serial number from a list of valid serial numbers for them to be acceptable documents. This list can be published on-line. It will be legal because EEA nationals will still legally be allowed to take employment, but it will be effective because employers will be scared to accept them on the basis of EEA passports because they will face a £20,000 fine if the passport turns out to be fake.

Obviously not all certificates and documents issued need appear on the list. The concept of 'acceptable documents' is a concession to employers - there is no right for someone with a right-to-work to be able to obtain an 'acceptable document'. For some British citizens, the only possible 'acceptable document' is a passport, and the government has already stated that having a passport is not a right.

"Farage will get many concessions out of Cameron in return for another 5 years in office. Farage will make sure he sticks to his word".

Squeeze Cameron until the Pips Squeek! he deserves it!

Even his Flagship immigration policy,headed up by Home Secretary Teresa May,is an abject failure with 250,000 new immigrants higher than target!

Trying to be too clever by half! You well know that the UK and all the other EU countries have no power to stop EU nationals from moving wherever they want within the bloc. Consequently the influx into the UK from other EU countries is currently uncontrollable. That is THE problem. The possibility of issuing temporary NI numbers is just one option.

Free movement of persons is basic concept of EU. It cannot be changed ...

Do British citizens realize that Britain on its own = outside the EU, means nothing in geopolitics and global world?

Also, today we can only guess what will happen with Northern Ireland in 10-20 years.

British Empire definitely started falling apart after WW1.

What about Great Britain? We were almost there few weeks ago. Maybe it is beginning of the end ...

Nationalism is destructive same as expecting too much ...

• Like 2

Do British citizens realize that Britain on its own = outside the EU, means nothing in geopolitics and global world?

Also, today we can only guess what will happen with Northern Ireland in 10-20 years.

What about Great Britain? We were almost there few weeks ago. Maybe it is beginning of the end ...

The UK is one of the largest economies on Earth and will still trade with the EU after secession - as do other countries who are not members. The difference will be that the UK will trade without the EU's approval and with anyone - as it always did beforehand.

Do non-Brits realise that British citizens have lost their democracy to a anti-democratic socialist bureaucracy which began life posing as a trading-agreement?

Your mention of the British Empire is interesting in the context of the EU because the EU is already teetering on the edge of its own destruction. Because it is a failed model and an anachronism. Run by ex-communists who are accountable to nobody. Want to elect different legislators? Tough luck! If you wish to see what happens when such an artificial political project goes pear-shaped then look no further than the Balkans.

• Like 2

I am sixty, when all this EEC came up it was only a trading agreement, Not about taking away British law and replacing it with an unelected body of men, whom seam to think they can impose any law on British people who fought two world wars for the right to vote and freedom. The EEC is a dictatorship.

• Like 1

'British voters, not Barroso, are my boss over EU immigration - Cameron'. Indeed they are - and 2015 is just 10 weeks off. But Barroso, whose name I don't ever recollect seeing on a voting form - for Europe, never mind the UK - no doubt views immigration to the UK in the light of non-immigration to other countries in western continental Europe.

The UK is one of the largest economies on Earth and will still trade with the EU after secession - as do other countries who are not members. The difference will be that the UK will trade without the EU's approval and with anyone - as it always did beforehand.

Do non-Brits realise that British citizens have lost their democracy to a anti-democratic socialist bureaucracy which began life posing as a trading-agreement?

Your mention of the British Empire is interesting in the context of the EU because the EU is already teetering on the edge of its own destruction. Because it is a failed model and an anachronism. Run by ex-communists who are accountable to nobody. Want to elect different legislators? Tough luck! If you wish to see what happens when such an artificial political project goes pear-shaped then look no further than the Balkans.

The UK is one of the largest economies on Earth ...

I'm not denying it. I was talking about something else, namely, geopolitical impact

will still trade with the EU after secession - as do other countries who are not members.

Switzerland and Norway(I guess, you meant richer countries than UK) are not members of EU, but they are part of this area ...

There are no islands in today's world ...

The difference will be that the UK will trade without the EU's approval and with anyone - as it always did beforehand.

No one needs any trade approval from Brussels, it's demagogy what you are saying ...

Do non-Brits realise that British citizens have lost their democracy to a anti-democratic socialist bureaucracy ...

Don't be ridiculous ...

My mention of the British Empire was meant in the context of Northern Ireland and its future role in the UK.

You are right, nationalism is destructive. Madness in Scotland is over, now Catalonia, then what? Flemish Region, Northern Ireland?

It's important to realize that EU is(should be) about values(security, safety, liberal democracy, freedom) and about facing and solving mutual problems together.

@ Anon 999 reply to Post No 13 (too many quotes)

"You well know that the UK and all the other EU countries have no power to stop EU nationals from moving wherever they want within the bloc. Consequently the influx into the UK from other EU countries is currently uncontrollable. That is THE problem."

And that is the fatal flaw in Home Secretary Teresa Mays control of immigration,it can't be controlled while the majority of immigrants come through open borders through the EU route! And that leads on to where UKIP come in,they will give the people a Referendum on UK membership of the EU.Which would most likely see the UK pull out of the EU, don't expect Cameron the Europhile to give the people of the UK a Referendum,he's unlikely to win the next election,and if he did he would renade on a Referendum in 2017,and that alone should send out warning signals as to the sincerety of his offer of a Referendom in the first place,he could have said: vote for me and I will give you a Referendum six months after the next election, He let Alex Salmond and the SNP choose their own Referendum date!

There is always the difference what a Politician promises before an Election and what you will get after!

Funny isn't it how the Conservatives bang the drum, "that a vote for UKIP will be a vote for Labour." The Con's say that Labour will be the leading the next Government because folks voted UKIP.

Bring it on, Labour in power, brilliant because they will be unable to run the country. Another quick election will ensue , and the answer is, We want a referendum, in or out of the E.U.

Vote UKIP get Labour, bring it on.

Funny isn't it how the Conservatives bang the drum, "that a vote for UKIP will be a vote for Labour." The Con's say that Labour will be the leading the next Government because folks voted UKIP.

Bring it on, Labour in power, brilliant because they will be unable to run the country. Another quick election will ensue , and the answer is, We want a referendum, in or out of the E.U.

UKIP nearly won Heywood and Middleton. Labour scraped in.

That was much more of a surprise than the Clacton result.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/10/ukip-wins-clacton-and-nearly-wins-heywood-middleton

The Tories are running scared of UKIP as well they should, and recognise they are going to be trounced at the next Election,so the excuses will run thick and fast!

Fact is all the Tories have done is give 32 Billion in Foreign aid and another 2 Billion to India so they can build Rockets for the Space race,while at the same time telling the British people to pull your belts in,and get out to work even if you have a life threatening illness or not,or to put it another way one of their chinless wonders last week ,stated : "handicapped people are not worth the minimum wage" of course the ignorant pig duly aplogised,but of course only to keep his seat!

Meanwhile Home Secretary Teresa May has been busy cooking the Immigration books to try and prove 250,000 more Immigrants a year has been a riproaring success to keep the figures down to less than 100,000 a year.

Just watch Cameron at PMs question time in Parliament ,all he ever has to say is: Blame Labour for everything, and that was five years ago,after the credit crunch,in which Labour bailed out the Banks to avoid a Financial melt down. Ill say one for Cameron he knows how to duck and dive and never accept responsibility for anything! As for Europe,even Angela Merkel snubbed Cameron when she was his only ally,now he has none! as Barrero said he has no influence in Europe,and still he dosn't get it,and is following the Europhile Party Dictat! don't believe him,he's out of the same stable as Edward Heath who sold us down the river with the Common Market lie!

Edited by MAJIC

I am sixty, when all this EEC came up it was only a trading agreement,...

The Treaty of Rome already included the free movement of labour, so large-scale European immigration has been a possibility ever since we joined the EEC. European immigration has nothing to do with the transformation to the European Union. The time to object was when poor European nations were applying for admission, not afterwards.

I am sixty, when all this EEC came up it was only a trading agreement, Not about taking away British law and replacing it with an unelected body of men, whom seam to think they can impose any law on British people who fought two world wars for the right to vote and freedom. The EEC is a dictatorship.

Yes it was a Trading Agreement and nothing else,called the "Common Market" we were lied to by Edward Heath MP who took us in,remember the bottle of ink thrown at him at the signing? And had his own designs on a Federal Europe which is what it is now! He admitted on British Television that he lied to the British people and in my view he will forever remain a Disgraced Dispicable Character and Traitor of the British People!

My Link explains it all it's not pleasant reading considering it's about a trusted member of our House of Commons : http://www.brugesgroup.com/eu/britain-and-europe-the-culture-of-deceit.htm?xp=paper

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

Yes it was a Trading Agreement and nothing else,called the "Common Market" we were lied to by Edward Heath MP who took us in,remember the bottle of ink thrown at him at the signing? And had his own designs on a Federal Europe which is what it is now! He admitted on British Television that he lied to the British people and in my view he will forever remain a Disgraced Dispicable Character and Traitor of the British People!

My Link explains it all it's not pleasant reading considering it's about a trusted member of our House of Commons : http://www.brugesgroup.com/eu/britain-and-europe-the-culture-of-deceit.htm?xp=paper

The media helped too. De Gaulle says Non the headlines screamed out. Now I think that man did far more for the UK's independence than any other politician at the time.

University-education for foreigners used to be a very-successful industry, generating a lot of income in the UK, nowadays many of the potential-students/customers go elsewhere because they're put off by the perceived/real difficulty of getting the necessary visas.

This does long-term harm to the UK, both economically & culturally, it helped in the past to raise our international standing amongst aspiring students. Several of the people I studied with, forty years ago, were from overseas, that early contact helped me appreciate, that we're all similar.

When is 'Call me Dave' going to recognise this error, and do something to try to recover the lost-business, the extra revenues generated would also help better fund the UK's universities & language-schools ?

Immigration is either a threat, or an opportunity, sadly UK-politicians seem incapable of seeing it as the latter, or of standing-up to promote it ! wink.png

I'm glad that I eventually left, and took my capital & entrepreneurial-skills with me,