Does Digital TV mean it's HD

lj cm

I would hazard a guess that much of the content being transmitted on Thai TV is not HD.

Content? On Thai TV? What content? tongue.png

(could not refrain)

But I am quite sure, that the most important content (current soap operas) are produced in HD.

If I remember right I have seem some of this stuff available in HD on youtube.

Also the live (studio) productions (morning show etc,) should be in HD.

If your TV is 7 years old i doubt if it can show HD even if the programmes are.

Good point and I have also been thinking about that.

Maybe best to use the meagre Coupon value for help to buy a new TV.

If your TV is 7 years old i doubt if it can show HD even if the programmes are.

Good point and I have also been thinking about that.

Maybe best to use the meagre Coupon value for help to buy a new TV.

No reason to buy a new TV set.

It has two HDMI connectors and does 1080p.

HD is older than some think.

A 42 inch is good enough for HD TV.

Quite likely the HD in Thailand - as in most countries - will be 720p (1280*720) "only" anyway,

Full HD (1080p) channels are a rare species even in highly developed countries offered by Pay TV providers (like SKY).

And for the non HD channels (576p) it is still overkill tongue.png

I refer to the manual:

http://dl.owneriq.net/e/e54d8590-22dc-f5f4-dd88-c2f3f4aa7937.pdf

Edited by KhunBENQ

Actually HD is defined as 1080i in most of the world and is broadcast as such on cable and sat transmissions. There is no reason for the world to revert to the old US NTSC (never twice the same color) systems of TV broadcasting. TV has improved from the 1940's when I first watched it - and I appreciate the difference.

Worldwide, most HD channels on satellite and cable broadcast in 1080i. In the United States, 1080i is the preferred format for most broadcasters, with Discovery Communications, Viacom, Time Warner, Comcast owned networks broadcasting in the format; along with most smaller broadcasters. Only 21st Century Fox-owned television networks and Disney-owned television networks, along with MLB Network and a few other cable networks use 720p as the preferred format for their networks; A+E Networks converted from 720p to 1080i sometime in 2013 due to acquired networks already transmitting in the 1080i format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080i

Digital TV just means the signal is transmitted in digital format....TV stations can transmit their digital signal in either Standard Definition (SD) or High Definition (HD). Like the Terrestrial Digital TV channels now available for the DVB-T2 boxes which you can use your coupon to get, some of the channels are SD and some are HD....and in some cases a channel like Channel 3 and 7 could be transmitting in SD and HD but on different channels. Review below channels chart and you see what I mean.

post-55970-0-93785200-1413987589_thumb.j