200 kgs of dog meat seized in Sakhon Nakhon

Lite Beer

If okay to eat one animal then should be okay to eat another as long as it doesn't lead to extinction. There are a number of countries people eat animals like dogs or horses while people in other countries find it wrong and then some find eating cows wrong too. Nobody should have a say of what type of animals somebody wants to eat as long as it is doesn't pose a health risk to others. I have never tried things like dog or horse and wouldn't just because of the society & culture that programmed me but then again if it came down to survival would would guess not many of us would have an issue with throwing some dog meat on the BBQ or frying up some maggots.

If people wanted to eat other humans rather than burying or cremating them, got no problem with that either and might even lesson the number of starving people ... let people be organ donors or meat donors.

Not for me but also not for me to force my beliefs on others.

agree. ozzies eat kangaroo, french eat horse meat etc etc. The important thing is hygene not what one eats.

• Like 1

"Hub of dog meat" w00t.gif

This must a a proud day for the Buddhists (95% of the population, alledgedly). wai.gif

Sir. Is it really necessary to bash a religion here?

Aren't worst crimes done in different countries with different religions?

• Like 1

Japanese want to eat whales. Thai want to eat digs.

We have civil obedience and that I why we have defined do's and don'ts. Animals eaten in Africa have caused EBOLA and other serious concerns.

We have domesticated dogs who we as humans are close to.

Eating humans was decried and officially finalized many years ago.

As a supposed civil society we don't. Eat certain animals because we do not breed them for food.

It is far more complicated than just stating intelligence or being cute.

Eating dogs is not right in many contexts of which this is not the forum to announce the reasons why or why not.

Many of the posters here don't even have the intelligence for supportive discussion

Many of the posters here don't even have the intelligence for supportive discussion

WOW! You must be a super intelligent being to throw such a blanket accusation against so many people you wouldn't even have met.

Take good care of yourself, please.

This planet needs such intelligence!

coffee1.gif

No honour amongst The not so honest Thai people,,Every time some one gets asked by the police Where and Why and Whom ,they blab straight away,,,I know many places were they call people like that,,,,, DOGS,,,,no more said!

Dogs are mans best friend. They were the first animal we domesticated, and have had a long history of loyalty to their masters. Would you eat a friend? It betrays an evolutionary bond between the two species (human and canine), and for this reason alone it should be discouraged. There are several other reasons. (This is scientific not philosophic BTW...)coffee1.gif

If okay to eat one animal then should be okay to eat another as long as it doesn't lead to extinction. There are a number of countries people eat animals like dogs or horses while people in other countries find it wrong and then some find eating cows wrong too. Nobody should have a say of what type of animals somebody wants to eat as long as it is doesn't pose a health risk to others. I have never tried things like dog or horse and wouldn't just because of the society & culture that programmed me but then again if it came down to survival would would guess not many of us would have an issue with throwing some dog meat on the BBQ or frying up some maggots.

If people wanted to eat other humans rather than burying or cremating them, got no problem with that either and might even lesson the number of starving people ... let people be organ donors or meat donors.

Not for me but also not for me to force my beliefs on others.

agree. ozzies eat kangaroo, french eat horse meat etc etc. The important thing is hygene not what one eats.

Organic dog meat?

Interesting topic.

Certainly there are people that would be outraged at someone killing and eating dog meat, especially if they saw the way they are transported in the cages. It is a bit difficult to see.
There are those cultures that eat what ever is available.

I personally would not eat a dog because I see the as a great pet and I'm not much of a meat eater, ok... the occasional piece of chicken or fish... but, if I was starving to death, I would eat what ever it took to stay alive.

In thailand and laos, they have killed and eaten most anything that is alive, often for financial gain... the forests are void of most living creatures... so are the seas for that matter.
I enjoy eating mostly vegetables and fruit.

• Like 1

"Hub of dog meat" w00t.gif

This must a a proud day for the Buddhists (95% of the population, alledgedly). wai.gif

So are dogs sacred animals, somewhat more sacred than cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, grubs, locusts, scorpions, spiders or any other animals that may end up an a Thai dinner plate?

• Like 1