Parents of Myanmar suspects in British tourists murder case to visit their sons

webfact

Parents of Myanmar suspects in British tourists murder case to visit their sons
By Digital Content

14139580627852-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 22 -- The parents of two Myanmar suspects arrested for allegedly killing two British tourists on Ko Tao island of Surat Thani province arrived in Thailand today, and will visit their sons at Ko Samui prison.

Meanwhile, police asserted they have enough evidence to prosecute despite their recanted confession.

Yesterday a lawyer filed a letter from both suspects recanting their confession to the public prosecutor for Ko Samui district.

The lawyer also said that an interpreter had kicked the suspects until they agreed to confess.

However, police interrogators asserted that they had enough evidence to prosecute both suspects despite their about-turn.

The parents of suspects Zaw Lin and Win arrived at Don Mueang airport at about 9.50am today.

Myanmar labour protection and Myanmar embassy officials met them up at the airport and were to bring them to Ko Samui prison.

It was not confirmed whether they would go to Surat Thani province today.

The mother of one suspect said in tears that she arrived to see her son and seek justice because she did not think he was the murderer.

Meanwhile, ambassadors of Italy, France, England, Denmark, Portugal, Germany, Czech and Spain met representatives of three reporters' associations and the National Press Council of Thailand to discuss media's responsibilities for their reports on the Ko Tao murder case. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-10-22

So we kicked the confession out of them, which they have incidentally re canted but we are still going to prosecute because of the perfect case we have against them. Can you say oxymoron? ??

Moron should suffice on this occasion.

• Like 1

The parents trip no doubt sponsored by some newspaper/rag, who couldn't care less about them or their sons, but it is a good story!! Selling many extra copies!!

I know that some (British) people gathered funds to assist the two through their process.

Everybody (except the BIB, of course) is convinced that the 2 are innocent.

So we kicked the confession out of them, which they have incidentally re canted but we are still going to prosecute because of the perfect case we have against them. Can you say oxymoron? ??

Moron should suffice on this occasion.

Definitely maybe! !

I have also been on a certain bars FB page since they relaunched it, and myself along with some other like minded individuals have left them some scathing reviews i urge everyone to follow suit. They are actually using this tragedy as a way of promoting there business Sick.

• Like 2

The parents trip no doubt sponsored by some newspaper/rag, who couldn't care less about them or their sons, but it is a good story!! Selling many extra copies!!

Do you know which rag that is in fact so that I may take out a three year subscription.

Good to know they are willing to support such individuals and publish their story. Please pass on the details.

• Like 2

Dear Myanmar parents, be careful, you are in Thailand...

Fair point too. Although aware of the dangers the boys face it can easily be overlooked that the parents

face dangers themselves in being here. So their Thai visa application could be slowed down only so much until immigration had no choice to approve them. A small win for the Burmese already.

What a vile excuse for a human you are, no doubt these people live in absolute poverty and wouldnt have a spare 1000 dollars for a trip to Thailand.

Besides i believe the Human Rights groups have been funding their trips.

I actually think he was criticising the media for using this as an excuse to sell newspapers and not the parents themselves.

• Like 1

Issued from a bunch of morons?

About as interesting as Yingluck visiting Japan

Your life must be very boring for you to bother posting on such a boring subject.

I know that some (British) people gathered funds to assist the two through their process.

No. Everyone isn't.

• Like 1

No. Everyone isn't.

Well, on TVF (not that it makes any difference as we are all armchair detectives anyway), most believe that the B2 are innocent (notable exceptions being yourself, Balo.... seems like JTJ has jumped ship however).

My contact in Interpol also believe that the B2 are innocent but unfortunately, this is out of their jurisdiction.

In any case, time will (hopefully) tell.

• Like 1

Well i did my bit alerting travelers. i just posted on Tripadvisor WARNING people they can not rely on justice or fairness here. The same as these two poor souls.

And that's before the case has been heard in court? Not jumping the gun at all there are you?

Will you be re-posting and apologising to Thailand if they are found not guilty or if the prosecutor doesn't accept the case for trial?

• Like 1

No!
For example, I am personally convinced that they are guilty and no suspicions raised here have seemed credible.

No. Everyone isn't.

Well, on TVF (not that it makes any difference as we are all armchair detectives anyway), most believe that the B2 are innocent (notable exceptions being yourself, Balo.... seems like JTJ has jumped ship however).

My contact in Interpol also believe that the B2 are innocent but unfortunately, this is out of their jurisdiction.

"Well, on TVF...most believe that the B2 are innocent..."

Nonsense. As ThaiVisa claims to have over 200,000 members and the posters you refer to number probably 20/30 absolute maximum (I can't be bothered to count them), you are way, way out with your outlandish claim that most of TVF believe what you say.

Edited by Sviss Geez
  • Like 1

No!
For example, I am personally convinced that they are guilty and no suspicions raised here have seemed credible.

Like Joe Pattaya said everyone except the BIB is convinced that these 2 are guilty, that makes you an apologist or a BIB, or someone who has been living in an underground bunker for the last month listening to nothing but RTP propaganda, i mean really??? Do i have to point out the fatal flaws in this investigation yet again only for another apologist to go scuttling off with his tail between his legs, answer is i cant be bothered so i suggest you do a bit of research your self and use your own mind (sounds like you dont have one by the way ) to fathom out that there are some huge holes in this so called police investigation.

Edited by MJP to removed baity bit.

No. Everyone isn't.

"Well, on TVF...most believe that the B2 are innocent..."

Nonsense. As ThaiVisa claims to have over 200,000 members and the posters you refer to number probably 20/30 absolute maximum (I can't be bothered to count them), you are way, way out with your outlandish claim that most of TVF believe what you say.

By saying 'most', if bringing your brain with you & reading into the comment which implies those who are concerned about the subject & making posts, he's actually being very, very conservative.

"on TVF" Does not equal just the people posting on this topic. That people who disagree with the conspiracy theorists are shouted down or subject to personal attacks likely restricts how many people are willing to say they don't think csila is credible.