Rules covering pattaya taxidrivers

Asiantravel

Transport rules are set by the municipality, apparently, so there's no reason why rules for Bangkok Taxis should apply outside of Bangkok. For many years taxis and tuk-tuks were banned in Pattaya. Taxis have been allowed in greater numbers recently, but not metered. Bangkok, as far as I know, doesn't allow song taeows to operate.

Rates charged by taxis in New York aren't necessarily the same as in Miami or Chicago or Cedar Rapids.

Transport rules are set by the municipality, apparently, so there's no reason why rules for Bangkok Taxis should apply outside of Bangkok. For many years taxis and tuk-tuks were banned in Pattaya. Taxis have been allowed in greater numbers recently, but not metered. Bangkok, as far as I know, doesn't allow song taeows to operate.

Rates charged by taxis in New York aren't necessarily the same as in Miami or Chicago or Cedar Rapids.

Bangkok, as far as I know, doesn't allow song taeows to operate.

I dont know whether they are legally allowed to operate or not, the fact is they are all over the place.

Right off the top of my head, Ramkhamhaeng Rd, Pattanakarn Rd, SriNakarin Rd, Suk sois 71 and 77.

I used to see them down on Silom when immi was at Suan Plu, also see them on Ram Intra.