Career path for daughter.

Goanna

She sounds like a candidate for the bus to pattaya, only she hasn't had the baby and financial struggle yet.

What the heck is a 17 year old uneducated girl doing living on her own in Issan?

Why isnt she with the mother in Ozzy land?

The OP had best get his head round the fact that sooner or later, not only will he be supporting his wife, he will be supporting her daughter, probably worthless layabout from hick village, and the soon to be obligatory kid that will soon appear.

From my observations, the umbilical cord is never cut, it will always be present tyeing the mohter to her child.

Sorry to appear harsh, this girls life is already over and her future path already cemented.

Watched it with my own two eyes, two farang with Thai wives and daughters, both girls now 23 years old.

Both girls went to an international school, on leaving school one girl went to uni and graduated and has now landed a job in the Uk paying 26 grand per year.

The other was too lazy/thick to go to uni, now has two kids and the dumb farang husband supports the daughter her kids and her worthless husband, his retirement plans have been put on hold.

Get this girl out of Issan asap and get her to Oz where she may stand a chance, providing she has a work ethic, it may well be too late to install one.

Hey guys. I didn't think this was posted, because my phone checked out before confirmation. Never mind.

The daughter lives with her mother and I in a village in Sisaket. Not too many opportunities around here, which is why I was thinking a live in training setup might be good for her. The other benefit, being removed from boyfriend. We have been through the pregnancy thing recently, and mum and I didn't know until she was rushed to hospital OD on alcohol trying to get rid of the baby. Too scared to tell us. It worked. Now, she is on monthly needle contraception. Part of my problem, is that his mum is best friend with her mum, and they have brokered a deal for sin sod. They have no money, so it seems too much bullshit to me. Better to get her out of there, and she meets other people.

The reason I put this up, is that I don't know what opportunities are out there for her. Maybe something will turn up, but hoping some members could give some tips. And her mum wants her to do something too. She treats her mean cash wise. Might be just as well to leave her alone though. We'll see what happens. Thanks guys.

Send her to the Gor Sor Nor while she's deciding what to do.

There will be one in/near your village, and it'll give her something to do during the day for now at least. If she can complete it, she'll get her high school equivalency and may even be able to attend university. She's still only 17, so has the potential to turn things around (if she wants to).

Tell her that if she lives with bf, she is off your breadline.

Tuff love is called for.

This kid is a waste of time; write her off; (deleted), hee hee.

Did you actually say that?

You are talking about his daughter.

There are millions of Thai teenagers struggling to find their way in life, as there are in countries all over the world. It's quite normal, actually. How many of these teenagers end up "on their backs" for money? Hardly any at all. Fact.

I don't care if you were joking or not. You are a prize idiot. You clearly don't respect Thai people, Thai women, or any other woman for that matter. You are the exact type of foreigner Thais don't want here. Go home.

• Like 1

Don't do nothing, she will not listening to you, maybe to her mother, but if her mother wasn't able to do anything in 17 years I doubt this teen is teachable any more.

So what you are really saying is OP should really do something ?

Thanks for your input guys. We'll work something out for her. No hurry. Cheers. Goanna.

Goanna, there are new shops/coffee shops/restaurants opening practically daily in Sisaket. Might be worth the mother doing a bit of leg-work in town with the daughter?

Best of luck

Goanna, on 23 Oct 2014 - 19:06, said:
rgs2001uk, on 23 Oct 2014 - 15:11, said:
jomcondo, on 23 Oct 2014 - 10:36, said:

She sounds like a candidate for the bus to pattaya, only she hasn't had the baby and financial struggle yet.

What the heck is a 17 year old uneducated girl doing living on her own in Issan?

The OP had best get his head round the fact that sooner or later, not only will he be supporting his wife, he will be supporting her daughter, probably worthless layabout from hick village, and the soon to be obligatory kid that will soon appear.

From my observations, the umbilical cord is never cut, it will always be present tyeing the mohter to her child.

Sorry to appear harsh, this girls life is already over and her future path already cemented.

Watched it with my own two eyes, two farang with Thai wives and daughters, both girls now 23 years old.

Both girls went to an international school, on leaving school one girl went to uni and graduated and has now landed a job in the Uk paying 26 grand per year.

The other was too lazy/thick to go to uni, now has two kids and the dumb farang husband supports the daughter her kids and her worthless husband, his retirement plans have been put on hold.

Get this girl out of Issan asap and get her to Oz where she may stand a chance, providing she has a work ethic, it may well be too late to install one.

Hey guys. I didn't think this was posted, because my phone checked out before confirmation. Never mind.

The daughter lives with her mother and I in a village in Sisaket. Not too many opportunities around here, which is why I was thinking a live in training setup might be good for her. The other benefit, being removed from boyfriend. We have been through the pregnancy thing recently, and mum and I didn't know until she was rushed to hospital OD on alcohol trying to get rid of the baby. Too scared to tell us. It worked. Now, she is on monthly needle contraception. Part of my problem, is that his mum is best friend with her mum, and they have brokered a deal for sin sod. They have no money, so it seems too much bullshit to me. Better to get her out of there, and she meets other people.

The reason I put this up, is that I don't know what opportunities are out there for her. Maybe something will turn up, but hoping some members could give some tips. And her mum wants her to do something too. She treats her mean cash wise. Might be just as well to leave her alone though. We'll see what happens. Thanks guys.

It get's even better.............the sin sod has already been brokered................so why are you wasting our time?

"We'll see what happens"............yeah, we can tell you what will happen.

For one I'd be having a quite word with the boyfriend and telling him to put something on the end of it, or forfeit losing it.

If you really want to help the girl instead of sticking your head in the sand, at least consider some of the suggestions already put forward.

Getting her in the Army was the best I've seen, that will resolve a lot of the problems and teach the girl to stand on her own two feet.

Something tells me there is an all-round lack of respect within your family.

• Like 1

Lets look at the weak link in the chain here, the mother, "monkey see monkey do"

Where was the discipline?

What example was the daughter following?

No wonder stereotypes exist, this thread is a prime example of why.

To the OP, I can only hope you rent your house, or can afford to walk away from it.

Your story is BS, I mean that from the family taking the utter piss out of you.

I actually believe your story, seen too many times.

As mentioned above,total lack of respect, walk away now with your dignity intact and you head held high, you wont be the first and wont be the last.

Get in line and take a number please.

You are the man, you are the head of the family, make some rules.

Do you think a Thai man would put up with this crap, no chance.

• Like 1

Crap? You've lost me there mate. I've been the girls father since she was ten. What would she be doing if she were in the UK? Drugs, alcohol? Would she have a job? Settle down mate. Shes a really nice and shy girl. Sounds like you may have been burned.

• Like 1

Mate, change your ways quickly or you'll be walked all over.Who paid for her 2 year trip to OZ, where she couldn't even become fluent in English?What does her mother say?The mother is the key here - young women follow their mothers footsteps/advice.Does her mother work?In the cases I've seen, the young girl gets pregnant and then when the kid's about 5 will go online to find a gullible farang who she knows will marry a woman with a kid and spoil then rotten. Possibly she thinks you will take care of everyone regardless.

"Who paid for her 2 year trip to OZ, where she couldn't even become fluent in English?"

Have you been in Thailand more than 2 years?

How is your fluent Thai coming along?

Farang meets girl in X province, she is working there becoz her own province has no job opportinties.

Girl takes farang back to her province, now 10+ years later, farang and mother wonder why daughter has no job opportunities.

Jeez H its hardly rocket science is it?

Rewind?

Move to Pattaya, plenty of jobs advertised, not exactly expensive to rent, 15k per month will get you a decent place on the dark side.

I take my hat off to a poster who moved to Pattaya for his childs education, what does ban nork offer?

Why the eff did your mrs take you there in the first place?

Its the paddy fields for the kid.

Have a look at yourself bud. Spouting copious drivel without knowing the situation. My god, a buffalo wouldn't even go off on a tirade like that. Sorry any buffaloes, no offence. Please, engage brain before opening mouth.

• Like 1

Without her High school diploma (or equivalent) she has little opportunity. She can take weekend classes to finish if she needs to. Push her for school completion, even if she doesn't go to college.

Yep. She is a smart girl, but to learn english, and cope with studies at year ten and eleven was never going to happen. but she learned a lot about my country, and made a lot of friends, and picked up quite a bit of our language. She's young, and has her whole life ahead, and I'd like to steer her towards something rewarding for her.

Since coming back from Australia, she has adjusted to having no money very quickly. If I use her bike, I fill it up. Normally, it's on empty. She always has no phone credit, and it doesn't bother her. She's very humble.

She wont go back to school, but I would like to find a training option for her. Thanks cg.

• Like 1

Please feel free to post your personal situations here so that I can pull them apart and tell you what a loser you are. The failed relationships that you guys have been through, may have been your own fault. I can see how you are disrespecting me, and if you treated your girl the same, you deserved to be left bitter as you are.

The girl doesn't need to work, but I want her to have some direction in her life, and not just hang around the house. Don't we all want the best for our kids?

So bugger off and keep your heads up your arse. Don't be the cowards you have been, and post what has happened to make you think all Thai women are rubbish. Maybe you spend too much time in Pattaya, and that's the only type of woman you know. That's why I live where I live. Sorry you have had bad experience, but I don't have to be a victim of your bitterness.

Please feel free to post your personal situations here so that I can pull them apart and tell you what a loser you are.

Here we go,

Did I pay sin sot, no

Do I pay my wife to live with me, no

Does my wife work and contribute, yes.

Do we live anywhere near her family, no.

Do any of her family live with us, no.

Does the mrs give her family any money each month, no.

Did I buy worthless land the family already owned,no.

Can I speak Thai, yes.

Can I read & write Thai,yes.

Are there educational and job opportunities where we live, yes.

Is the wife the first Thai I was involved with,no.

Did I walk away from other relationships with Thai women,yes. One was a complete psycho, the other relationship went tits up pretty damn quick when I decided to buy land in Mclaren Vale SA instead of some worthless paddy fields upcountry.

Did I seek advice from guys married to Thai,yes.

Did Thais offer me advice which I heeded,yes

Do I live here full time,yes.

How long have you been married, 10+ years.

Was I ripped off by a farang woman for houses etc through a divorce in farangland,no

Was I able to attract and date women in farangland, yes.

Do I hate farang women, no.

Is my wife from a similair background/educational level as me,yes.

Is there more than 5 years between us age wise,no.

Can my wife read write and speak English,yes.

Do my wife and I have the same goals, aims and aspirations,yes.

Based on your extensive knowledge of me (we have met havent we?) and your Thai experiences, please let me know where I have gone wrong and what I should do to rectify it.

I prefer to be proactive rather than reactive, thanx for your input.

If you require any further info, just ask.

• Like 2