0 visa based on marriage

Just off the phone from thai embassey london i am a British and i was told as it says on their website they will not accept my application for o visa based on my legal marriage to a thai without the 65k bht per month in my bank for 3 consecutive months. I post this as i was informed by some members on here who were trying to be helpful that the funds are not required for emb in london for this visa, i have called consulate in Hull and they will issue me with a 3month tourist visa if i go there..Hull.. In person.. Nobody seems to know whats going on at the moment. Regards

I would not trust what you were told on the phone. There have been recent reports of people getting told to check the website because the people on phone had no knowledge..

I would just go in and apply for the multiple entry and see what they do. There have been many reports of them being issued without wrong amount of 65k inocme baht being needed.

use a combination of tourist and 60 day wife extensions to give you up to 240 days ish here , i started a thread about hull recently, its getting nearly impossible to get non 'o' in the UK based on wife or if under 65 retirement without proof of money, and in the case of marriage far in excess of what is required in Thailand for an extension, we need some first hand knowledge of other consulates in the UK

use a combination of tourist and 60 day wife extensions to give you up to 240 days ish here , i started a thread about hull recently, its getting nearly impossible to get non 'o' in the UK based on wife or if under 65 retirement without proof of money, and in the case of marriage far in excess of what is required in Thailand for an extension, we need some first hand knowledge of other consulates in the UK

Fairly easy to get a non o here in Pattaya. Just show your embassy letter and marriage cert, don't forget to bring the wife. Been doing it for years. I know many others who do the same.

I think you are referring to a 60 days extension of stay, not a "non o".

Fairly easy to get a non o here in Pattaya. Just show your embassy letter and marriage cert, don't forget to bring the wife. Been doing it for years. I know many others who do the same.

I assume you mean an extension of stay not a visa,

The OP is wanting a visa from the embassy,

. What about the 400,000 bt in bank do you have to prove that in jomtien?

. And what letter from Embassey?

That is for one year extension. 60 days extension requires no financial proof.

First off, for a marriage non o you only need a letter of income from your embassy, no money in the bank as long as you have 40k baht income. You can get a non o visa in Thailand, it is good for 90 days, you can extend that for one year.

you can only convert to a non'o' in thailand if you comply with the finanical requirements 65,000month/800,000 in bank retirement or 40,000month/400,000 in bank marriage. the op required a non'o' from the UK i would assume for a trip to thailand. Does the op want to obtain a yearly extension, if not then why have we gone off topic. A 60 day visit thai wife extension can be obtained from within Thailand with no financial proof, and may help the op with his plans to visit.

I think the thread was to bring up the confusion about Thai visa's within the UK

I would not trust what you were told on the phone. There have been recent reports of people getting told to check the website because the people on phone had no knowledge..

I would just go in and apply for the multiple entry and see what they do. There have been many reports of them being issued without wrong amount of 65k inocme baht being needed.

A bold statement. I can only assume you have a great deal of personal experience with the UK embassy and the consulates.

This is the story so far. After talking to a staff member at thai embassey london who was quite polite believe it or not i can get 0 visa for 1 year based on marriage to a thai though every 90 days have to leave the country i cannot go to immigration in thailand and report same as retirement visa £125 do not have to show any income which contradicts their website. Cheers

This is the story so far. After talking to a staff member at thai embassey london who was quite polite believe it or not i can get 0 visa for 1 year based on marriage to a thai though every 90 days have to leave the country.

You can also extended each entry for 60 days at immigration, fee is 1,900 Bt and no financial proof is needed.

This is the story so far. After talking to a staff member at thai embassey london who was quite polite believe it or not i can get 0 visa for 1 year based on marriage to a thai though every 90 days have to leave the country.

You can also extended each entry for 60 days at immigration, fee is 1,900 Bt and no financial proof is needed.
Thanks for the hint, I had only a 30day extension memorized!

This is the story so far. After talking to a staff member at thai embassey london who was quite polite believe it or not i can get 0 visa for 1 year based on marriage to a thai though every 90 days have to leave the country i cannot go to immigration in thailand and report same as retirement visa £125 do not have to show any income which contradicts their website. Cheers

To note that this "leaving the country" can be the infamous supershort back-to-back visa run, otherwise frowned upon with tourist visa on arrival.

And like with the single entry non-O on marriage, in the last month you can decide to go for the yearly extension of stay with the mentioned financial backing, followed by the 90day reporting cycle, and no border hopping.

To note that this "leaving the country" can be the infamous supershort back-to-back visa run, otherwise frowned upon with tourist visa on arrival.

And like with the single entry non-O on marriage, in the last month you can decide to go for the yearly extension of stay with the mentioned financial backing, followed by the 90day reporting cycle, and no border hopping.

Having a valid visa is not the same as doing visa exempt entries. There is no such thing as a tourist visa on arrival other than a 15 day VOA people from certain countries can get by paying 1000 baht.

Only multiple in/out visa runs for visa exempt entries has been restricted.

/* snip */

Having a valid visa is not the same as doing visa exempt entries. There is no such thing as a tourist visa on arrival other than a 15 day VOA people from certain countries can get by paying 1000 baht.

Only multiple in/out visa runs for visa exempt entries has been restricted.

Thanks for clarifying, i get them always mjxed up ;) Edited by RTH10260