How easy is it to get makeup for white complexions?

Caitrin

It's pretty difficult to get in Japan, even in big cities, and it's expensive as hell. How is the situation in Thailand, I might want to pick up some while I am there.

This is now a make up thread, you can deviate from the topic if the answer is quickly forthcoming.

The good quality brands cost the same or more than in the west, estee lauder, clarins etc even boots No 7. The cheaper local brands that cater to the white skin desires of local ladies tends to be just loaded with talcum powder or something similar & therefore looks like they are wearing a load of talc on their face. Not the most natural nor attractive look.

It also depends on your skin tone, I am white, very white but with pink undertone, I can't wear local brands or even the stuff imported by big brands in Thailand as they are sent for the Asian skin & as such are designed for yellow or beige tones. I am pretty much never satisfied with what I can get I country, when I lived in Thailand I used to bring a years supply of foundation & powder back from trips to the west & store it in my fridge. :)