Disadvantage of Paying 1 Year in Advance (True Internet)

petedk

I have True internet Cable Internet 14 Mbs for 699 Baht per month.

I can't remember why but I payed for 1 year in advance (got some kind or credit card promotion). My friend has the same package but pays monthly.

About two months ago he was contacted by True and asked if he wanted to upgrade to 18 Mbs for the same price. Of course he accepted.

I called True and asked for the same promotion and they "agreed". I couldn't really see the difference and in fact my Internet became slower. Then we had all the problems with the "broken undersea cable", "surveillance system" , or whatever excuse they could think of to explain the unusable Internet.

Now speeds are returning to "normal" so I decided to check with True as to why I was getting the 18 Mbs. After a few minutes the girl came back and said that I was on a one year contract and it couldn't be changed. I have to wait until the end of the contract!!!!

Is that the way True reward us for being loyal????

HUACA

Hang up, and call again.

Yep. Referred to that but the girl insisted that I couldn't change the speed until the contract ended. The ad says "by the end of 2014"

I checked online and it says "will be upgraded December 2014"

The contract ends in December so I guess they keep their word.

Edited by petedk

Yep. Referred to that but the girl insisted that I couldn't change the speed until the contract ended.

I talked with our contact at True Online and confirmed that any/every customer can take advantage of this increase in speed regardless of whether they've pre-paid for their service, or not as that fact is unrelated to the issue. In some/many/most cases it is has been provisioned automatically, and in the event that it has not, simply contact (another, in the case of the OP) CSR to make this request.

I am not in any way associated with True. Personally I have True DSL and TrueVisions Platinum, and I am a satisfied customer. We support quite a few customers who use True Online (DSL and DOCSIS).

But I admit to being confused by the OP as they seem to indicate that this increase was agreed to, and provided, but maybe I am missing something? My best guess is that if they are note getting 18 Mbps there is an issue with the provisioning, but that's just a guess.

Quotes from the OP

I called True and asked for the same promotion and they "agreed".

I decided to check with True as to why I was getting the 18 Mbs.

Edited by lomatopo

I use to have the True DOCSIS/cable 14Mb/1.4Mb at Bt699/mo plan. Then I noticed one day they were no longer selling that package but instead a 15Mb/1.5Mb package at Bt699/mo. For some reason I didn't immediately call asking to get the new speed but it occurred automatically about a month after I initially noticed the change.

Then in mid Sep 14 I noticed on the TV another DOCSIS price change where the 15Mb plan was now Bt599 and the Bt18Mb/1.8Mb plan was Bt699...for folks on the 15Mb at Bt699 they are suppose to be automatically upgraded by end of Dec 14, but I didn't want an upgrade because I knew I would not notice any difference in real-world speed/internet usage by going from 15Mb to 18Mb.. So I called True and got switched to their Bt599 price for the 15Mb plan....the change took effect a few days after my call and my very next bill was a prorated price between the old and new price for that transition month....future months are now Bt599/mo. See this thread for more info.

A couple of years ago I saw where there were cheaper plans with higher speeds than for what I was paying for so went to the True office and cancelled one plan and signed up for a cheaper one. The cheaper plan was good enough for me and the speed has been automatically upgraded a couple of times since.

Yep. Referred to that but the girl insisted that I couldn't change the speed until the contract ended.

I talked with our contact at True Online and confirmed that any/every customer can take advantage of this increase in speed regardless of whether they've pre-paid for their service, or not as that fact is unrelated to the issue. In some/many/most cases it is has been provisioned automatically, and in the event that it has not, simply contact (another, in the case of the OP) CSR to make this request.

I am not in any way associated with True. Personally I have True DSL and TrueVisions Platinum, and I am a satisfied customer. We support quite a few customers who use True Online (DSL and DOCSIS).

But I admit to being confused by the OP as they seem to indicate that this increase was agreed to, and provided, but maybe I am missing something? My best guess is that if they are note getting 18 Mbps there is an issue with the provisioning, but that's just a guess.

Quotes from the OP

I called True and asked for the same promotion and they "agreed".

I decided to check with True as to why I was getting the 18 Mbs.

Oops that was a typo. I meant why i was NOT getting

True have a ton of double and triple play promotions on now...internet+tv, internet+tv+mobile

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/product-service/product-broadband/entry/2525

You'll have to grind through the various True websites, and/or visit a shop to potentially review and select an appropriate package. They have complete and thorough printed material on all these promotions in most shops.

In some cases, depending on what you like/need/want, these promotions can represent a significant savings.