Suthep declines court summons over killing of Japanese reporter

webfact

To be honest, I'm in the UK nowadays and the footage (I can remember) is from a guy that is now under lese majeste charges in the UK (a Thai national). He's an academic. I'm not going into to much as searching or viewing it in Thailand could land you in trouble (it may be blocked in LOS in all truth.) Even I'm not comfortable searching for it as he goes on an anti royal rant. I am not anti royal, I just want to make that clear. He shares a first name with a famous F1 driver of the 70s (Mr Villenueve..the spelling may be slightly out).

The footage is there, I've seen it and it's up to you to find it. Find the clips/photos if you really want. They are out there.

If you actually believe no yellows were armed, then you're mad. Mind you, you're probably deflecting from the main issue. Reds can't take over airports but yellows can.

I have already said that there were some armed PDRC "protesters". What I'm asking for is pictures of armed PDRC protesters riding around in pick up trucks. You said that there was plenty of footage out there, but can't give me a link to one thing. Then you use an excuse that it's on the website of a guy charged with LM. Is that they ONLY place that this "plenty of footage" is? Surely if there is plenty of footage, there must be some somewhere else.

And you're worried about *looking* at a website while you're in the UK? How much of a reach do you think the Thai police/army have?

You're the one that is saying that there is plenty of footage. It's up to you to prove it.

"And you're worried about *looking* at a website while you're in the UK? How much of a reach do you think the Thai police/army have?"

Anyone can be charged with LM regardless of them being in Thailand or their own country, so if he want's to come too LOS for a holiday he needs to be carful.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm in the UK nowadays and the footage (I can remember) is from a guy that is now under lese majeste charges in the UK (a Thai national). He's an academic. I'm not going into to much as searching or viewing it in Thailand could land you in trouble (it may be blocked in LOS in all truth.) Even I'm not comfortable searching for it as he goes on an anti royal rant. I am not anti royal, I just want to make that clear. He shares a first name with a famous F1 driver of the 70s (Mr Villenueve..the spelling may be slightly out).

The footage is there, I've seen it and it's up to you to find it. Find the clips/photos if you really want. They are out there.

If you actually believe no yellows were armed, then you're mad. Mind you, you're probably deflecting from the main issue. Reds can't take over airports but yellows can.

I have already said that there were some armed PDRC "protesters". What I'm asking for is pictures of armed PDRC protesters riding around in pick up trucks. You said that there was plenty of footage out there, but can't give me a link to one thing. Then you use an excuse that it's on the website of a guy charged with LM. Is that they ONLY place that this "plenty of footage" is? Surely if there is plenty of footage, there must be some somewhere else.

And you're worried about *looking* at a website while you're in the UK? How much of a reach do you think the Thai police/army have?

You're the one that is saying that there is plenty of footage. It's up to you to prove it.

"And you're worried about *looking* at a website while you're in the UK? How much of a reach do you think the Thai police/army have?"

Anyone can be charged with LM regardless of them being in Thailand or their own country, so if he want's to come too LOS for a holiday he needs to be carful.

LOOKING at a website? In ANOTHER country?

Like I asked, how much of a reach do you think the Thai police/army have?

• Like 1

As much as I dislike Suthep I wouldn't be pointing too many fingers at him for what went down in 2010, he army are a law unto themselves in this country and I think it should be generals answering questions in this case and people on the ground at the time, not the person who commanded the army to go in and take back control as I can't imagine him and Abhisit were sitting in a room like two evil villains telling the army to make sure to kill everyone including foreign reporters.

As much as I dislike Suthep I wouldn't be pointing too many fingers at him for what went down in 2010, he army are a law unto themselves in this country and I think it should be generals answering questions in this case and people on the ground at the time, not the person who commanded the army to go in and take back control as I can't imagine him and Abhisit were sitting in a room like two evil villains telling the army to make sure to kill everyone including foreign reporters.

Bizarre as that is, that's exactly how some red shirt clowns have portrayed it in their posts.

I don't completely agree with Suthep not appearing in court if he's been summoned, but why is there even a trial for this situation? A foreign correspondent chose to risk his life by immersing himself in what was basically a war zone. He didn't have to be there. He chose to risk his life and that risk didn't work out in his favour. I realize that sounds callous, but that's the reality of it. Being a war reporter is very dangerous work, and he's clearly not the first one to lose his life by making a decision to take on such a risky type of employment. Perhaps that's one reason why suthep doesn't feel he should have to be part of a trial that shouldn't even be happening.

He declines to show up to a court summons? Arrest his ass and make him attend.

Attend what? and for what reason?

Just to repeat the same BS thrown at him over the years?

Just to explain once more the reasons behind the order, he and Adhisit issued to supress the clashes?

They had every right to order these actions.

And I hope this case is thrown out of the court.

Not because I'm not against the killings although nobody still knows where the bullets came from, but for the reasons politicians still pursue these court hearings to gain political benefits.

"although nobody still knows where the bullets came from"

Oh, I think they do costas, that's what inquests can, and in most cases did, reveal. Not that he ever will end up in court having to justify why he regarded using live ammunition, deploying snipers and the establishment of live fire zones as a proportionate response to the perceived threat, simply because of who he is and who his backers are. The reason why the Attorney General, not politicians, should still pursue these court hearings is because it would demonstrate that no one is above the law. A laughable concept for the amart I know, but one worth pursuing.

Of course this case will be shoved on the back burner as will any further inquests, for obvious reasons. Once again the perpetrators will get away with it and will continue to do so all the time the perpetrators play their key card. For how much longer that situation will continue, who knows.

so clever you knows excatly where the bullets came from. And probably you being a sympathetic redshirt convenientlly deny the role of the men in black. You maintain that the army when fired upon and suffered fatal casualties should not have fired back. Grow up! .

I am fairly sure they did rule on that several weeks ago & said they have no personal responsibility. Quote from OP. "Suthep and Abhisit have repeatedly insisted on their innocence, claiming that the military operation was necessary to restore order in the capital city. They also alleged that many of the civilian casualties were in fact caused by "Blackshirt" militants allied to the protesters, not security forces." Personally, I agree with Suthep, but as a point of law I feel strongly he should attend as "requested."

I think the ruling you are referring to is the murder charges as civilians in the criminal court. The court ruled that it wasn't in their jurisdiction, as Abhisit and Suthep were "office holders" and it should be dealt with in another court. It wasn't actually a ruling on the cause of death of any protesters.

Not what I thought but sorry if I am wrong

He declines to show up to a court summons? Arrest his ass and make him attend.

Attend what? and for what reason?

Just to repeat the same BS thrown at him over the years?

Just to explain once more the reasons behind the order, he and Adhisit issued to supress the clashes?

They had every right to order these actions.

And I hope this case is thrown out of the court.

Not because I'm not against the killings although nobody still knows where the bullets came from, but for the reasons politicians still pursue these court hearings to gain political benefits.

"although nobody still knows where the bullets came from"

Oh, I think they do costas, that's what inquests can, and in most cases did, reveal. Not that he ever will end up in court having to justify why he regarded using live ammunition, deploying snipers and the establishment of live fire zones as a proportionate response to the perceived threat, simply because of who he is and who his backers are. The reason why the Attorney General, not politicians, should still pursue these court hearings is because it would demonstrate that no one is above the law. A laughable concept for the amart I know, but one worth pursuing.

Of course this case will be shoved on the back burner as will any further inquests, for obvious reasons. Once again the perpetrators will get away with it and will continue to do so all the time the perpetrators play their key card. For how much longer that situation will continue, who knows.

so clever you knows excatly where the bullets came from. And probably you being a sympathetic redshirt convenientlly deny the role of the men in black. You maintain that the army when fired upon and suffered fatal casualties should not have fired back. Grow up! .

Did you read my post or just immediately post a knee jerk reaction?

so clever you knows excatly where the bullets came from. Now read my post; "Oh, I think they do costas, that's what inquests can, and in most cases did, reveal". See any mention of me there? No, didn't think you did, I was referring to the inquests that have done so.

And probably you being a sympathetic redshirt convenientlly deny the role of the men in black

Sorry, no mention of men in black in my post.

You maintain that the army when fired upon and suffered fatal casualties should not have fired back

BS. Did you have problems understanding my thoughts on a proportionate response to the perceived threat?

You think I'm the one that needs to grow up? May I suggest that when you finally do, you start to sensibly question what you read on this forum and elsewhere and read carefully and think before posting responses.

Suthep claimed during a street march interview that he collectively with his group are the actual 'owners' of Thailand

Can you validate your claimed quote with a source and link?

Apparent confirmation your claim was false.

the statement limited to Bangkok,but stilld idiotic

http://www.thedailystar.net/print_post/thai-protest-leader-promises-to-clear-streets-moving-campaign-to-park-13554

Suthep claimed during a street march interview that he collectively with his group are the actual 'owners' of Thailand

A bit like all the claims of final pushes/battles? Eh?

http://www.thedailystar.net/print_post/thai-protest-leader-promises-to-clear-streets-moving-campaign-to-park-13554

Thank you for definitively confirming that the claimed quote was false.

Well here we go again .

The self proclaimed peoples champion is now the bullet proof monk.

Yinglucks got the gonads to go the distance yet this bloke hides behind monks robes and thinks he's above the law.

Oh those elite there just a little bit above the average thai so why should any of them take notice of the law.

Yingluck has the gonads? Really?

Where they being carried by her caddie

She was nothing but a puppet the whole time she was in office

• Like 1

Well here we go again .

The self proclaimed peoples champion is now the bullet proof monk.

Yinglucks got the gonads to go the distance yet this bloke hides behind monks robes and thinks he's above the law.

Oh those elite there just a little bit above the average thai so why should any of them take notice of the law.

I guess Yingluck's gonads weren't inherited from her brother. His non appearance in court set a few precedents.

Whilst having no sympathy for anyone in this whole ball game, there is no comparison between a convict who fled and someone who appears fed up giving the same evidence.

• Like 1

I hope one day these evil criminals are dealt with -

Its really pathetic Thailand allows so many murderous types to roam

"these evil criminals............so many murderous types."

Freddy, apart from Suthep, the subject of this thread , you must have others in mind since you used plurals?

Its clear who were behind the 2010 slaughter -

Names need not be mentioned

Let me mention the names for you. Thaksin and his red and black militia.

Yeah, it's amazing how Thaksin with his evil supernatural powers was able to order around the army for 6 days