Atm ate my bank book

Maybe I'm a bit of a Luddite, but I would never place my bank book into any machine for an update. I'm sure it is a simple straightforward operation but I have found, over time, that machines don't particularly like me!

Any time I need this done I just go into any branch of my bank and have the staff update it for me.

I took my book in to get it updated (prior to doing retirement extension) at the main branch, and the young lady took it and walked back to the machine and updated it there. Oh well, saved me queuing and I enjoyed walking behind her, you may be a Luddite but she thinks I am dumb! :D

She must like walking,because they have update machines on their desks.

Maybe I'm a bit of a Luddite, but I would never place my bank book into any machine for an update. I'm sure it is a simple straightforward operation but I have found, over time, that machines don't particularly like me!

Any time I need this done I just go into any branch of my bank and have the staff update it for me.

I took my book in to get it updated (prior to doing retirement extension) at the main branch, and the young lady took it and walked back to the machine and updated it there. Oh well, saved me queuing and I enjoyed walking behind her, you may be a Luddite but she thinks I am dumb! biggrin.png

She must like walking,because they have update machines on their desks.

She didn't have a desk.............

Edited by jacko45k

You have to go to the Police to report the loss of your bank book , they will give you a document , take it to the bank and they will give you another one. guess what it will cost you the Thai police will want about 1000baht.

I lost my green book on the way to see a prospective buyer for my chopper.He was a typical bullshy pom and threatened to punch my lights out for wasting his time!!! Anyway I went straight to the police stn and they were very sympathetic.In a p[lastic wallet that fell out of my pocket somewhere was the green book,my passport,and yellow book for my house. MAN I was devastated and did not need this attitude from him.Anyway I got no mention of money from Police and was told what to do immediately and the only cost to get it all back again was for the Passport.I have had a couple of dealings with Udon Thani Police,and Tourist Police.They are a great group. So there you go----do not tar all of them with the same brush