Teen run over after fall from bike on notorious Phuket hill

webfact

Teen run over after fall from bike on notorious Phuket hill
Eakkapop Thongtub

1414056683_1-org.jpg
Emergency crews on the scene this afternoon.

PHUKET: -- A teenager died on Patong Hill this afternoon after his motorbike slid and he was run over by a pick-up truck following close behind him.

The road was slippery after rain when Natthapon Rittiphan, 17, from Nakhon Sri Thammarat, came off his bike at about 2:30 and was run over by the truck, driven by Wichai Sawangkul, 34.

He died instantly. Wichai has been charged with reckless driving causing death.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/teen-run-over-after-fall-from-bike-on-notorious-phuket-hill-49298.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-10-23

Having riden my own motorcycle over Patong Hill on many occassions and in most weather conditions, I can attest to its reputation as a "killer'.

The brief description of the accident really does not indicate weather the pickup driver was tailgating, or whether the bike rider was taking chances, or if the slick surface of the road contributed (it looks like it was or had been raining).

RIP young man.

Few months ago there was break fluid all over the steep part of the road and each bike slipped one by one after going trough the super slippery road and nobody noticed until they fell over i guess they thought just water, but its quite dangerous road if you not aware the conditions and the idiots around...coffee1.gif

I am actually quite surprised the driver got charged with a crime. Before reading the member's post, it just seems like an innocent accident. A rider fell off the bike, and unfortunately got run over either by oncoming traffic or behind by ACCIDENT.

But seems like, most are sure the driver is wrong?

It was at nighttime and also at a curve. Do we have eyeballs seeing pass the curve? I am sure it wasn't intentional.

• Like 1

I am actually quite surprised the driver got charged with a crime. Before reading the member's post, it just seems like an innocent accident. A rider fell off the bike, and unfortunately got run over either by oncoming traffic or behind by ACCIDENT.

But seems like, most are sure the driver is wrong?

It was at nighttime and also at a curve. Do we have eyeballs seeing pass the curve? I am sure it wasn't intentional.

"he was run over by a pick-up truck following close behind him."

"Wichai has been charged with reckless driving causing death"

I drive from pattaya to k kaen often and the crazy idiots on the road tailgating 1 inch behind me and undertaking overtaking on blind bends complete idiots no road sense what so ever seems as if they just dont know any better. Had to go cambodia in mini van how the driver didnt kill us I'll never know the passengers had to tell him jai yen yen what a nasty little man he was. Sad news and so young