Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

If the DNA is match what the F are the Thai authorities waiting on.

DNA is only one part of the case. It places the suspects in contact (intimate apparently) with one victim.

Making the case more airtight before trial through other circumstantial evidence is smart.

Stop your piffle anyone knows even if there IS DNA and I doubt it very much that its been planted there by RP - Grow up and stop talking stupid!
I am sorry but I'm having a hard time understanding your post.

Clearly there is DNA. It will be used in the trial as evidence. The defense gets to argue the situation surrounding how it was obtained and its probitive value. The judges decide the merits of the case.

As I said in another post the bodies of the victims were brought home on the 21st September before the 2 suspects were arrested or even accused so the UK will have taken their own samples and will be able to verify the results.

And now the calls to stop people from having and expressing a different view.

Strange that people saying they want justice, calling for Censorship of minority views....

I see that as a visible sign that they know they have a failed argument

Irony alert, when the very people who complain of freedom of expression prevent another poster that very right! Hypocrites!

Huh??

Have you seen me tell people not to post comments? Use the ignore function if you cannot accept other points of view. I only use that for the worst of the bigots. The rest I try to help see things more clearly.

Telling people the truth that you are not a parent is not bigoted in the slightest! Will you leave this comment then?

DNA is only one part of the case. It places the suspects in contact (intimate apparently) with one victim.

Making the case more airtight before trial through other circumstantial evidence is smart.

Stop your piffle anyone knows even if there IS DNA and I doubt it very much that its been planted there by RP - Grow up and stop talking stupid!

Clearly there is DNA. It will be used in the trial as evidence. The defense gets to argue the situation surrounding how it was obtained and its probitive value. The judges decide the merits of the case.

As I said in another post the bodies of the victims were brought home on the 21st September before the 2 suspects were arrested or even accused so the UK will have taken their own samples and will be able to verify the results.

• Like 1

Yes the they have the ace in the pack( DNA), but now need circumstantial evidence to back up the ace... Absolute stupidity.

You do understand that DNA doesn't say anything about who killed the victims. Right?

It reveals that the victims and the suspects were in contact. (intimately)

That leaves area for a little doubt. Other evidence is needed to make the majority of conspiracy theorists relent.

While this would be great if they can, I am not sure they can. I would think during evidence collection / autopsy they would have scraped any area where foreign DNA may have been found. I also believe her body would not have been able to be transported via a commercial airline without it being embalmed which makes it less likely too without getting into details of embalming.

While I hope that UK officials did retrieve DNA to put some of this to rest, it really wouldn't matter much to some as they will just say the Thais planted it before shipping the bodies, if it did confirm the match to the suspects in custody.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

Absolutely no reason to expect that to be true.

Both were autopsied in Thailand. I doubt any foreign DNA remained after that. Then if the corpses were flown on commercial flights they would have been embalmed. After the autopsies there would be no chain of custody and no need to preserve the corpses as evidence.

No doubt about rape. What now, looking for circumstantial evidence for murder. What no DNA on the hoe. No fingerprints. Didn't they confess to everything already.

:)

Now you are just obfuscating. You know that they recanted so even in court the judges will weigh the confessions against the recantation.

I expect the investigators are locking down the events after the murders.

The case will go to the judges docket soon I expect.

You even state DNA does not confirm murder. Therefore the murderers could still be at large, hence phone records should be investigated.

LOL

I did not state that the prosecution only has the one bullet in the gun. More Obfuscation on your part.

Edit -DNA being that bullet

Edited by jdinasia

Both were autopsied in Thailand. I doubt any foreign DNA remained after that. Then if the corpses were flown on commercial flights they would have been embalmed. After the autopsies there would be no chain of custody and no need to preserve the corpses as evidence.

But the UK carried out autopsies because the UK coroners report will not be out till January

No doubt about rape. What now, looking for circumstantial evidence for murder. What no DNA on the hoe. No fingerprints. Didn't they confess to everything already.

They may very well have finger prints on the hoe but there was a close up picture reportedly being the hoe and based on the picture it would be unlikely they can pull any prints from it. Touching the hoe alone would generally not leave DNA unless they left skin behind. But they could have this evidence too, we'll have to wait for the evidence to be presented as the police don't build a case for the public but rather prosecutors to present in court. We don't even have the autopsy report.

Just keep in mind many surfaces are not adequate to produce finger prints and others cannot be detected without advanced techniques but there are many other factors too involved including enviorement. Even finger prints on guns which you hear so much about in crime movies is not really reality. Guns are horrible for collecting prints and in the vast majority of cases fingerprints are not able to be lifted, especially without more advanced techniques.

• Like 1

But the UK carried out autopsies because the UK coroners report will not be out till January

Maybe they did. More likely they simply examined the remains. Have you ever seen a corpse after an autopsy? Before they put everything back in place?

No you said DNA does not prove murder. What does the prosecution have that proves murder?

Read the press, but I guess (yes it is a guess, but an educated one) that not only do they have the 3rd man as a material witness. They also have more to place them there at the time of death.

No you said DNA does not prove murder. What does the prosecution have that proves murder?

What if they say they raped the girl or had consensual sex but the bottom line being she was alive when they left? This is the point being made. While most people in a case like this would vote guilty and believe based on the semen DNA and crime scene, the point was just being made the semen DNA technically only proves they had sex .... you got to look at other things too to prove murder.

If you had sex with a girl one night and then went home and the next day they found the girl dead with traces of your semen, you;d certainly be at the top of the list of suspects but doesn't mean you killed her.

• Like 1

What are they being held for, rape or murder.???

Held for CONSPIRACY to rape and murder.

May I add being held as criminals unlawfully at this time.

held unlawfully???????????????

Edit: I also don't believe they were charged with conspiracy. They are charged with murder, rape and theft.