Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

Lite Beer

Parents say their sons are innocent but beaten to confess

10-24-2014-9-20-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- Parents of the two Myanmar workers detained in Samui district prison on alleged murder of two British tourists said their sons did not kill the two British citizens but they were forced to confess for fear of being beaten up further by the police.

U Tun Tun Htike, one of the parents, spoke to a crowd of both local and foreign journalists in Kho Samui Friday that after visiting his son Win Zaw Tun in the prison after almost three hours that his son did not kill them but they had to confess because they were beaten up by the police.

He said his son has spoken the truth from his heart and wanted the world to know.

He also said he was happy that his son was well treated by the embassy, human rights lawyer and the lawyers association of Thailand.

He also expressed confidence that the Thai justice system would ensure justice for the two suspects, Win Zaw Tun and Zaw Lin.

The parents of the two suspects later went to the office of the Samui prosecution office where they met the deputy prosecutor of Koh Samui and submitted him a petition seeking justice for their sons.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/parents-say-sons-innocent-beaten-confess/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-24

• Like 2

some heavy accusations being made elsewhere

Where? Give us a clue?

Have a look at Andy Hall on twitter

Some heavy accusations indeed. Being threatened with being burned alive would make me admit that my real name is Donald Duck and that I live on Saturn with my pet Ewok, Ronald.

Still, they are only accusations. I personally think the two lads are innocent (probably anyway), but I'm reserving judgement until we hear what Scotland Yard has to say (no i don't fully trust the RTP, sorry).

Some naughty stuff gone on if true

• Like 1

Looks like no comments from the parents on their son's DNA matching the semen found in one of the victims. Also no comments about how they may have been forced to participate by a rich Thai.

Let it go to trial ... they have lots of lawyers and groups looking out for them as well as media who have put the case under a microscope.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

“The police also threatened to tie the two boys to a tire, pour petrol on it, and set it alight,"

Some serious claim that. could be true could be just rumours, none of it good for the image, but hey I cant say im surprised.

Far as im concerned the RTP are experiencing what is known as Karma ...

What goes around, comes around n all that.

Som nom naaaa. wai2.gif

• Like 2

Wow. The invisible people become visible. I get the feeling this won't end well. crying.gif

I am afraid emotions are running to high in defense of these guys incarcerated. For sure Andy Hall and his followers can help finance a defence, but in the end if they are guilty then they should stop this Thailand bashing.

Rumours are just that. Rumours. Seeing as we haven't even rumoured a source for these rumours . . .

As for another rumor - CSI LA states little Nomsod is planning to do a runner.

Rumour is that he's booked a flight to Sydney, Australia on Sunday. I reckon it's total BS. The Aussies can refuse anyone entry and are known to be pretty fussy at Immigration/Border control. Even though he's not guilty in the eyes of the law (or even charged) with anything, doing a 'runner' would sound alarm bells at any border atm.

If he does a runner it will be in the boot of a pick up (Cambodia/Laos etc) and he'll end up with a new identity (fake passport etc)with a shed load of cash to see him through. Either that, or he'll go to South America as they tend to ignore extradition requests (if the criminal has enough cash).