Bring chocolate & perfumes in Thailand, Maximum amount ?

Danielsiam

Well, I would like to bring some chocolates box ( around 1 kilos 500 gramms ) (3 - 4 packs)

plus I would like also to bring three perfumes for woman, from average brand ( 50 ml, each ) ( I even wanna bring 4-5 bottles ) but affraid

can I get bothered if I get checked at the custom ?

Can I said, it's a for a family gift, in case they're asking me ?

Daniel ... I've bought, over the years kilograms of chocolates into the Kingdom.

Usually advisable to bring them in the carry-on luggage if they are delicate ... thinking Lindt Balls, Easter Eggs etc.

If it packaged sweets like say a large Toblerone or just plane 'Bar Chocolate' then the Large Luggage bag will suffice.

Ditto the perfumes ... but you can't bring more then 100ml containers in the carry on, nor more then a certain collective amount ... but I don't know that figure.

So, maybe place them in the middle of your large luggage bag, slide the packaged bottles inside socks to try and prevent them from being broken.

I hope your effort is appreciated.

As long as the amount is valued at no more than 10,000 baht you will be fine. In fact, you may be able to even go up to 30,000 baht, with and add'l 20,000 in flight or on arrival. But no isues with your stated plans.

There are carry-on limits re: 100 ml/3.4 oz.

I make frequent trips to the U.S. and bring in many, many pounds of chocolate (it keeps fine in this thing called a refrigerator), skads of perfume/make-up/hand-bags, usually well over my 10,000 baht limit, but I've never been searched on arrival.