British authorities at Koh Tao crime scene

Lite Beer

Another tidbit there is a guy walking around the crime scene with the scotland yard boys-he has cap with police written on it. Turns out he is a relative of the family.

I doubt Scotland Yard would know that.. or did they.

Also the wife of that thug policeman has been posting online asking people to stay off forums.

Curioser and curiouser

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the people pointing at the family of one suspect who has been cleared actually business competitors? Probab ly not.

If you're referring to Nomsod (son of headman) ...has he actually 'been cleared'? Probably 'yes' if you're talking with any Thai officials. However, all reasonable and scientific thinkers should continue to see him as prime suspect. Hopefully, the British experts will bring some reason and science to bear on this latter stage of the investigation.

Including all the Locals that watched the crime scene re enactment not one person was abusing the two burmese boys that is not normal at crime re enactments usually the thais try kill the criminals.

Everyone except supporters of the mafia family aknowledge that this is one big set up.

• Like 1

I getting more inclined to believe that this is not even going to reach court and charges will be dropped. Latest article just published from the Bangkok PXXt (not allowed to link to them) says the prosecutors have still not decided whether to charge them and they are also asking the British authorities for proof that the mobile phone belonged to David.

/quote]

I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, one of the most unprofessional things in the handling of this case has been this business of issuing constant 'reports', which in reality have turned out to be nothing more than speculation or wishful thinking. It paints the police into a corner, it makes them look incompetent, and it sets them up for a major loss of face when the real facts turn out to be different to what has been reported.

If the RTP learn nothing else from this fiasco, they should learn to confine their utterances to 'several leads are being followed', or ' a man is helping police with our inquiries' and other similar banalities until such time as they have a case agreed with the state prosecutor. It would free them up to shift their lines on inquiry as new evidence comes to light, it would take public pressure off them, and it would make them look less bloody incompetent.

I am afraid they will learn the wrong thing: just how to make their cover ups not so easy to look through and more water proof.

Your giving them too much credit, they're not that shrewd. They are lazy boorish morons that only know intimidation to get they're way they are gangsters as the UN describes them.

• Like 1

The Thai police are claiming the "DNA matches the accused Burmese pair."

Where precisely are the Thai police claiming they gained these matching samples from?

1. Semen from inside the female victim?

2. Semen from outside the female victim?

3. Hair from outside the female victim?

4. Hair from outside the male victim?

5. From the condom?

6. From the hoe?

7. From cigarette butts found on the beach?

8. Nobody knows?

Can someone enlighten me?

I have to say, I don't normally continue reading much past the first 3 or 4 pages in a thread, and here we are at 24 pages and counting.

The one striking thing I notice in this thread is the continual, blind faith support given to the RTP by a very small number of posters here and I'm VERY curious to know the real reasons behind this support.

What are you getting out of it? Propping up the failing tourist economy on Koh Tao and hence your own businesses?

It is a facile attempt to try and discredit an opposing view to accuse someone of having a financial motive.

Thanks, but that's a deflection, not an answer to my question . . .

Neither of your assertions. Again it is just a facile attempt to discredit an opposing view.

Are the people pointing at the family of one suspect who has been cleared actually business competitors? Probably not.

Again, not an answer, just a deflection.

Let's try this in a simpler way . . .

jdinasia > based on all your posts showing unwavering and unquestioning support for the less than sterling job the RTP have done and the innocence of certain influential members of the local families, why is it you give this unquestioning support to them? Are you are simply convinced 100% that everything the RTP and the local families have said and done is all above board with no ulterior motives whatsoever? Or is there another motive behind this support?

Well, first off, you are building a straw man. I have repeatedly stated the investigation has flaws. I have not given unwavering support.

I have repeatedly stated that the defense should be vigorous.

Question your own motives for trying to discredit a poster instead of the argument.

Are the people pointing at the family of one suspect who has been cleared actually business competitors? Probab ly not.

If you're referring to Nomsod (son of headman) ...has he actually 'been cleared'? Probably 'yes' if you're talking with any Thai officials. However, all reasonable and scientific thinkers should continue to see him as prime suspect. Hopefully, the British experts will bring some reason and science to bear on this latter stage of the investigation.

Including all the Locals that watched the crime scene re enactment not one person was abusing the two burmese boys that is not normal at crime re enactments usually the thais try kill the criminals.

Everyone except supporters of the mafia family aknowledge that this is one big set up.

"Usually the Thai s". What utter crap. Has it happened? Yes. Is it common? No.

Edit -- I am unaware of any supporters of the alleged "mafia family"

Edited by jdinasia

I have to say, I don't normally continue reading much past the first 3 or 4 pages in a thread, and here we are at 24 pages and counting.

The one striking thing I notice in this thread is the continual, blind faith support given to the RTP by a very small number of posters here and I'm VERY curious to know the real reasons behind this support.

What are you getting out of it? Propping up the failing tourist economy on Koh Tao and hence your own businesses?

It is a facile attempt to try and discredit an opposing view to accuse someone of having a financial motive.

Neither of your assertions. Again it is just a facile attempt to discredit an opposing view.

Are the people pointing at the family of one suspect who has been cleared actually business competitors? Probably not.

jdinasia > based on all your posts showing unwavering and unquestioning support for the less than sterling job the RTP have done and the innocence of certain influential members of the local families, why is it you give this unquestioning support to them? Are you are simply convinced 100% that everything the RTP and the local families have said and done is all above board with no ulterior motives whatsoever? Or is there another motive behind this support?

Well, first off, you are building a straw man. I have repeatedly stated the investigation has flaws. I have not given unwavering support.

Question your own motives for trying to discredit a poster instead of the argument.

I'm not trying to discredit anyone, however I would seriously question your last posting based on the content of your recent posts here in this thread.

I was asking some questions . . . and most recently directing them at you . . . which you still haven't answered and you are still deflecting.

Where precisely are the Thai police claiming they gained these matching samples from?

5. From the condom?

6. From the hoe?

8. Nobody knows?

No 1. If you can bother to trawl through the numerous posts, there are a few posts that caution the reliance of DNA matches, because interpretations of what a 'match' is can vary from expert to expert. You can also Google it. The UK CPO won't prosecute on DNA evidence alone, and it is possibly a reason why the Thai prosecutor is asking for more evidence to back up the RTP charges.

• Like 1

you are unaware then look at your self in the mirror and smack your self about a bit and then come back and read all the dribble you have been writing then you will realise who you have been supporting.

Agree about toxicology reports proving important. In such a sensitive case it would be understandable not to release a toxicology report at this stage. That will be done at trial, whether or not substance(s) were found in Hannah's system (especially Hannah's).

It would depend on what drug(s), if any were found. If it was ecstacy and or marajuana, we can hazard a guess that these were taken voluntarily. Friends of Hannah may be able to confirm past usage and/or if she took something voluntarily that evening.

However, a drug such as Rohypnol, Valium or Temazepam would indicate deliberate foul play. Police (in a professional investigation) would've checked the suspects living quarters/clothing for signs of such drugs. I would've include Mon/Nomsod and Co in this, as they were early suspects in the case. This should've happened earlier (at least a warrant requested to search property etc).

Did this ever happen? I doubt it to be fair, but perhaps the police do have info we're not privy to regarding toxicology reports/searches. Although they have been mouthing off at every opportunity (until the UK cops arrived) about having the right suspects etc.

If the cops reveal that the Burmese suspects' DNA is inside Hannah and that they found date rape drugs on their person/in their living quarters which matched anything found in Hannah's system, we may have to accept their guilt, or at least part in the murders.

Personally, I think we'll find that the Uk cops will reveal evidence they have at some point which could change everything. This may be revealed to the Thai authorities, in order for them to claim the 'glory' and save face. As a former betting man, I think that's the most likely outcome here. Those videos I've seen look too much like Nomsod. The runing man one and the shaking hands one. I would like the view of a CCTV expert to say whether or not that 'Uni' video is fake. It doesn't look right to me either.

That's not me being a conspiracy nut, just saying what I see.

Nuts may be fatty but I don't think you're a nut at all.

• Like 1

To the post one above: A good lawyer in a criminal matter can make a case either for the prosecution or the defendant. Arguing one side or another on here IMHO does not mean 'support' of anything -- just arguing the merits of either side of the case.

Take it easy, don't be filled by the helicopter ride, they have undercover cops already on the island and on the investigat prior the official arrival of the super cops. Being a British isn't only limited with white or black in colours they are in different tones and shades and with a true value and pride being a Brit. So don't worry.

Things will fall on its place very shortly. Only concern is if the proper justice will be served or not. Finding the facts shouldn't be much of trouble but interference with judicial system is another story.

• Like 1

5. From the condom?

6. From the hoe?

8. Nobody knows?

Some of that is unknown but they say that they have DNA matches to 2 people on the cigarette and the semen.

you are unaware then look at your self in the mirror and smack your self about a bit and then come back and read all the dribble you have been writing then you will realise who you have been supporting.

You sir, aren't very smart. If a man has been cleared then blindly following the conspiracy theorist track makes no sense.

Supporting a trial (with a vigorous defense for the accused) isn't supporting anything but that.

To the post one above: A good lawyer in a criminal matter can make a case either for the prosecution or the defendant. Arguing one side or another on here IMHO does not mean 'support' of anything -- just arguing the merits of either side of the case.

A good lawyer can make a case if he has good evidence, a rogue or bought lawyer can make a defense with tainted evidence.

Debating and discussing the issues are good and thats the whole purpose of these threads, but when a couple of posters constantly refer to their opposing views as nothing but conspiracy theories then this leads to conflict and the resulting hijacking of threads, hence why so many of us have now set our ignore buttons to relieve ourselves of these righteous trolls

• Like 1

As spokesperson of the RTP and the AC Family, please tell us why the case has not yet reached court yet and why considering the RTP and the PM say this is a "PERFECT" Case

• Like 2

5. From the condom?

6. From the hoe?

8. Nobody knows?

Some of that is unknown but they say that they have DNA matches to 2 people on the cigarette and the semen.

The police stated on TV that they had matching DNA to the accused B2 1 person from the upper body of Hannah 2 person to the lower body. (1 duplicated from the upper body.) IE in this instance 2+1 makes only 2 Often mis translated on these threads. They also stated 1 of the accused had matching DNA to the cigarette butt and the other Myanmar witness also matched DNA to the cigarette.

The fact that this was a very public statement by a high ranking police officer and a white coated man on TV says this must be their prosecution evidence.

• Like 2

The relentless posting in defence of the police by JTJ, jdinasia and Baerboxer is extraordinary to say the least. So much that they cannot simply be dismissed as trolls. Why on earth would these people spend so much time defending the RTP case, when practically everyone else who has objectively considered this believes the case is corrupt. Not one person (farang or Thai) I have spoken to believes the Burmese boys carried out the crime. I can only assume these guys have a vested interest in the outcome.

Then you assume wrong, as in your assumption that what most posters post must become fact.

I want to see justice, real justice. I want the despicable low live scum that did this identified, arrested, prosecuted and when found guilty to receive the harshest punishment under law.

I doubt that will happen, given all the mishandling and contradictions that have occurred.

However, a trial by social media, with conspiracy theorists entering more 'facts", deciding who must have done it, decide on the way it was done, whose being covering up etc etc is not only stupid and silly is downright dangerous.

How do you think the Salem witch trials started and resulted in many innocent deaths? Some on here are trolling for sure, usually winding up those who are supporters of the "we know who did it, CSI LA told us brigade".

None of this rhetoric will influence the British Police. They are too professional. I eagerly await their report, which may divulge facts that are currently unknown, such as comments from the victims' friends about what happened that night.

I really hope real justice is served in this case.

I completely agree that trial by media is very dangerous. However people posting their FACTS on here create discussion and often these FACTS are shown to be not so. They do keep people looking at the case and the professionals will be able to filter these in order for real facts to be proven. Many FACTS have been ignored or overlooked from the beginning of this investigation. These need to be looked at again to find the killers.

It's quite strange that a major suspect can be cleared and therefore not undergo DNA testing with what appears to be a flimsy alibi. I believe they should take a closer look even if it is just to clear him finally and clearly.

Rumors are not "FACTS". (even in all CAPS )

You state it "appears to be a flimsy alibi " but that is based on what? Speculation and rumors bandied about, while the truth is that nobody but those who investigated know what information cleared him.

• Like 1

To JD even in your words there has been some flimsy police work. What makes you so sure the alibi was checked till it could be proved fact.

I don't want to get dragged into your arguments. Generally I don't read your posts as they are so repetitive.

I'm not trying to discredit anyone, however I would seriously question your last posting based on the content of your recent posts here in this thread.

I was asking some questions . . . and most recently directing them at you . . . which you still haven't answered and you are still deflecting.

My hidden motive. I think it should go to trial and that the conspiracy theorists are a bit daft.

To JD even in your words there has been some flimsy police work. What makes you so sure the alibi was checked till it could be proved fact.

I don't want to get dragged into your arguments. Generally I don't read your posts as they are so repetitive.

doesn't make any of that "FACT"...... even the last bit!

A good lawyer can make a case if he has good evidence, a rogue or bought lawyer can make a defense with tainted evidence.

Debating and discussing the issues are good and thats the whole purpose of these threads, but when a couple of posters constantly refer to their opposing views as nothing but conspiracy theories then this leads to conflict and the resulting hijacking of threads, hence why so many of us have now set our ignore buttons to relieve ourselves of these righteous trolls

A good lawyer uses what he/she has to the benefit of the client.

Per the late US Senator and former Harvard Professor Daniel Patrick Moynihan:

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts.

The relentless posting in defence of the police by JTJ, jdinasia and Baerboxer is extraordinary to say the least. So much that they cannot simply be dismissed as trolls. Why on earth would these people spend so much time defending the RTP case, when practically everyone else who has objectively considered this believes the case is corrupt. Not one person (farang or Thai) I have spoken to believes the Burmese boys carried out the crime. I can only assume these guys have a vested interest in the outcome.

Then you assume wrong, as in your assumption that what most posters post must become fact.

I want to see justice, real justice. I want the despicable low live scum that did this identified, arrested, prosecuted and when found guilty to receive the harshest punishment under law.

I doubt that will happen, given all the mishandling and contradictions that have occurred.

However, a trial by social media, with conspiracy theorists entering more 'facts", deciding who must have done it, decide on the way it was done, whose being covering up etc etc is not only stupid and silly is downright dangerous.

How do you think the Salem witch trials started and resulted in many innocent deaths? Some on here are trolling for sure, usually winding up those who are supporters of the "we know who did it, CSI LA told us brigade".

None of this rhetoric will influence the British Police. They are too professional. I eagerly await their report, which may divulge facts that are currently unknown, such as comments from the victims' friends about what happened that night.

I completely agree that trial by media is very dangerous. However people posting their FACTS on here create discussion and often these FACTS are shown to be not so. They do keep people looking at the case and the professionals will be able to filter these in order for real facts to be proven. Many FACTS have been ignored or overlooked from the beginning of this investigation. These need to be looked at again to find the killers.

It's quite strange that a major suspect can be cleared and therefore not undergo DNA testing with what appears to be a flimsy alibi. I believe they should take a closer look even if it is just to clear him finally and clearly.

You state it "appears to be a flimsy alibi " but that is based on what? Speculation and rumors bandied about, while the truth is that nobody but those who investigated know what information cleared him.

I think we do know what information cleared him because he presented the evidence to the public himself, if there is any better evidence that he had that he gave to the police Im sure he would have released that to the public as well, theres no reason for him to want or need to hide it, unless, of course, that evidence consisted of a large amount of baht

Edited by slygeeza
  • Like 1

Are you a member of the RTP , if not what is your role in the investigation?

How do you know there is a match of DNA with either semen or cigarette?

Are you using the Press statements of RTP as fact?

5. From the condom?
6. From the hoe?
8. Nobody knows?

• Like 1

My hidden motive. I think it should go to trial and that the conspiracy theorists are a bit daft.

Thank you for the direct and concise answer . . . which answers nothing other than the fact you think it should go to trial (which is what we all want to see) and that you don't agree with most other posters here.

I think we do know what information cleared him because he presented the evidence to the public himself, if there is any better evidence that he had that he gave to the police Im sure he would have released that to the public as well, theres no reason for him to want or need to hide it, unless, of course, that evidence consisted of a large amount of baht

Critical thinking would suggest that there could be many reasons a person would not reveal details of his life for conspiracy theorists to gossip about online.