Crackdown? Actually the contrary

Paz, concerning Europe, why is it that some cities/countries are only issuing single entries ( France) and others issue single and double entries.? Can I, British, living in France, make a double entry visa in GB , I'm going there anyway for a family visit ? I've had a really nice email answer saying they are issuing double entries and to make an appointment.

Absolutely, the Thai embassy and consulates are there primarily to serve the needs of British citizens. Some of them can issue the visa the same day.

"Gen Pharnu clarified the focus of the new immigration regulation, which allows most foreigners to enter the country only once using visa-exempt status."....

“From August 13, if we suspect any foreigner of working illegally in Thailand on a tourist visa, that person will be detained and deported, even if the foreigner has not previously completed even a single visa run,” he said.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726721-thai-immigration-is-determined-to-prevent-abuse-of-visa-exceptions/

It's worth mentioning that Gen Pharnu was fired just days after the coup.

• Like 1

1. Was this raft of changes devised BEFORE or AFTER the coup?
  2. Who is the main force behind all these changes?
  3. Can assume it is the work of the new government?
  4. Would you say it is more or less confusing than previously?
  5. Is it more logical and equitable than before?
Edited by wilcopops

" Since (unknown) 2014: Thai Elite members receive one year stay each entry. It was 90 days before"

Do you have a citation for this ? I was just there 4 weeks ago and got only 90 days ...

Thanks,

luudee

1. Was this raft of changes devised BEFORE or AFTER the coup?
  2. Who is the main force behind all these changes?
  3. Can assume it is the work of the new government?
  4. Would you say it is more or less confusing than previously?
  5. Is it more logical and equitable than before

The dates are noted with each change. These cover multiple years and different governments.

" Since (unknown) 2014: Thai Elite members receive one year stay each entry. It was 90 days before"

Do you have a citation for this ? I was just there 4 weeks ago and got only 90 days ...

You must have the original card and TE visa. I understand the change is free, contact customer service.

Indeed, the members have been offered to switch to the latest card (purple) for free.

That card allows the members to have the PE visa (one year stamp).

The previous card (gold) gave the members a SE visa (3 month stamp).

Personally I waited till I had to change my passport. Once i had my new passport I changed the visa.