how to run a cafe/restaurant consulting service in LOS

Xa1

I have seen hotel cafes that must have been bleeding cash for the hotel owners, yet the owners would not be interested in exploring ways to remedy the situation.

one issue is how to approach established businesses cold turkey with the proposition to return their existing businesses to profitability. I am not sure that Thais are familiar with this approach, however. They may not know how to respond.

Are B2B contacts only made through a friendship network, like guanxi in China?

In other cases, I think there is an advertising program in Europe that is enticing Europeans to invest in cafes in LOS. The "cafe's" have been newly constructed precisely for the purpose of flipping them.

Another scam is selling a "successful" business to a newly arrived farang who has not been around to see that almost no one goes into the place. The Thai owner is really charging him for the furniture in the place.

The naive European maybe parted with much of his savings, but finds the customers are simply not walking in the door.

The tragedy is that despite all these scams, there are many really creative ways to solve these problems.

The question I am asking refers to how approaches can be made and proposals framed.

You cant fix stupid.(farang who open or buy business inolving girls of thai descent)

i think you are trying to make money off farang knowing they have already been ripped off.

You know this is about a good business idea that come via thaivisa..................lol.

• 2 weeks later...

i think you are trying to make money off farang knowing they have already been ripped off.

No, that is not the purpose. Anyone can benefit from making changes to improve revenue, whether they are just starting out, have started a greenfield business, or have experienced some setbacks.

I think some europeans and americans get fooled by expats and thais in thailand try to sell them businesses that are really not making any money.

but there is always a chance they can take a bad thing and make a good think out of it.

With the knowledge you propose to hold , why would you not open a restaurant yourself ???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

With your keen intellect, why don't you get a job as a freak in a traveling carnival?

Sent from my JCB-7000-X CyberToilet

No, that is not the purpose. Anyone can benefit from making changes to improve revenue, whether they are just starting out, have started a greenfield business, or have experienced some setbacks.

I think some europeans and americans get fooled by expats and thais in thailand try to sell them businesses that are really not making any money.

but there is always a chance they can take a bad thing and make a good think out of it.

2 chances. Slim and none and slim was just seen leaving the building with his tgf.

I doubt if some fool eu or usa guy off the boat could turn a money loser into a money winner!

Anyone foolish enough to buy a dud in the first place, will not have the ability to turn it around

In business this is called a turnaround, the one who can do it a turnaround artist. One way to do it is called restructuring.

It has happened many many times.

• 2 months later...

You may actually have a good point there.

It is possible to have a turn-around, but you need to start up a business that will attract customers.

For example, do a restaurant with a free Kareoke machine and a little stage and I'm sure you can get quite a big crowd.

Or do a gaming centre, with about 24 or so computers for gaming and some old arcade style machines as well as a DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) machine. You'll see how quickly you can make a turn-around with those.

Main thing you will need is a "catchy" name for the business that says it all in one go (and in thai) like maybe "555 S̄nuk" with your logo being an animated person holding a gaming controller with a gaming headset on his head laughing.

Source: Dude who likes to see people succeed ^_^

You may actually have a good point there.

It is possible to have a turn-around, but you need to start up a business that will attract customers.

For example, do a restaurant with a free Kareoke machine and a little stage and I'm sure you can get quite a big crowd.

Or do a gaming centre, with about 24 or so computers for gaming and some old arcade style machines as well as a DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) machine. You'll see how quickly you can make a turn-around with those.

Main thing you will need is a "catchy" name for the business that says it all in one go (and in thai) like maybe "555 S̄nuk" with your logo being an animated person holding a gaming controller with a gaming headset on his head laughing.

Source: Dude who likes to see people succeed happy.png

It is also important to deal with things and attract customers that you like. If someone does not like gaming environments or the people attracted to them, then that would be unsuccessful.

There are ways to change either the environment or the business model, but this would involve consultation with the owner and an assessment of the physical set up of the existing business, as well as other factors.

Any Thai is not going to listen to any advice from a farang no matter what the farangs "business" model

That's why so many Thai businesses go under within 3 years. Like that postage stamp sized cafe on Moonmuang not far from Thapae Gate. 4 years ago it was a bank.

Any Farang that opens a cafe / restaurant is obviously not going to listen to what anyone says because they know better

No one should listen to a racist either.