KKK outfit worn in Australia Muslim veil protest

webfact

How it is supposedly 'usually defined' is irrelevant. Islamist means 'one who proscribes to a particular theological doctrine or religious denomination'. Example are Calvinist, Baptist and Deist.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-ist#English

If something is 'usually defined' as "A" then your assertion that it means something different to you is irrelevant to those who usually define it...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably think it is perfectly normal....

Replying whenever I read pro-Islamist apologist BS? Hell yeah!

Islamist is usually defined as "supporting or advocating Islamic fundamentalism";

where has anyone posted support for Islamic fundamentalism?

Maybe he considers an pro-Islamist as "those who are apologist for the Muslims fanatics, including those Muslims who try to impose special rules for themselves regarding the burka"

How it is supposedly 'usually defined' is irrelevant. Islamist means 'one who proscribes to a particular theological doctrine or religious denomination'. Example are Calvinist, Baptist and Deist.

If something is 'usually defined' as "A" then your assertion that it means something different to you is irrelevant to those who usually define it...

Not if it can also be an 'ism'.

Our subjective opinion on it is meaningless in the same way that our subjective opinion on 2+2=4 is meaningless.

The poster used the word 'Islamist' as a pejorative. There are a number of definitions for Islamist, within the context of his post the definition I used - "supporting or advocating Islamic fundamentalism" is relevant.

The poster is welcome to provide his definition if he disagrees.

You probably think it is perfectly normal....

Replying whenever I read pro-Islamist apologist BS? Hell yeah!

Islamist is usually defined as "supporting or advocating Islamic fundamentalism";

where has anyone posted support for Islamic fundamentalism?

But that is the thing, he can't. Perhaps time to report him to the mods and get him a nice long holiday for this stalker behaviour me thinks.
One could ask, who's stalking whom here? But you go ahead and send your PM's. Like a little school prefect ratting out his fellow students. What a narc!

Catholisist. Look it up.

Not a term I've heard. The haters usually call us papists...
Not in common usage. Over that last 30 years I have read a huge amount of religious texts and have only encountered it perhaps 10-12 times.

See, I'm a real catholic. Don't go to church very much and leave theology to the theologians ;)

The poster used the word 'Islamist' as a pejorative. There are a number of definitions for Islamist, within the context of his post the definition I used - "supporting or advocating Islamic fundamentalism" is relevant.

I agree. It's as relative as using the word <deleted> as an adjective or a verb. I have no idea where you are from but I suspect it is from the US?

Catholisist. Look it up.

Not in common usage. Over that last 30 years I have read a huge amount of religious texts and have only encountered it perhaps 10-12 times.
See, I'm a real catholic. Don't go to church very much and leave theology to the theologians ;)

You are right ! Religion is the biggest killer

• Like 1

Catholisist. Look it up.

You are right !

Awww, that is so nice of you. People are usually calling me an apologist lefty... :)

I agree. It's as relative as using the word <deleted> as an adjective or a verb. I have no idea where you are from but I suspect it is from the US?

Born in UK, lived there 30 years, now Oz