Qatar officials dismiss IS funding claims

webfact

Qatar officials dismiss IS funding claims

(BBC) Senior officials from Qatar have strongly denied claims the country is supporting terrorist groups in Syria such as Islamic State.

They told the BBC that Qatar had only provided support to moderate militants, in co-ordination with the CIA and other Western and Arab intelligence agencies.

Strict financial controls had been put in place, they added.

The comments come ahead of a visit to the UK this week by the Qatar's ruler Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.

Earlier this month of a number of MPs were reported to have questioned the UK's closeness to Qatar, amid the claims of the links to IS funding.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29782291

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-27

Pointless effort to roll the ball back into the US Public Relations court under the cover of US's funding "moderates" program. Of course, as a SA official pointed out, there are no moderates. Anyone who's even followed this topically knows there were no moderates that turned to bad apples, or a sneaky, dastardly radical jihadi group sprung up over night in the hinterland.

• Like 1

Qatar, Emirates, Saudi arabia, Koweït etc... They do exactly what Washington tell them to do including supporting the terrorists groups which most of them were created or financed or supported by all successive American governments.

There are moderate militants who want to topple Assad but who don't have any plans for a caliphate etc. They were the ones the West originally supported, in spirit, before ISIS reared their heads in Iraq.

The trouble is any arms supplied to them tended to miraculously turn up in the hands of ISIS.

There are moderate militants who want to topple Assad but who don't have any plans for a caliphate etc. They were the ones the West originally supported, in spirit, before ISIS reared their heads in Iraq.

Haha, why even try to speak logically, sensibly and truthfully about this topic? Takes all of the fun out of it.

Qatar, Emirates, Saudi arabia, Koweït etc... They do exactly what Washington tell them to do including supporting the terrorists groups which most of them were created or financed or supported by all successive American governments.

Our enemies friend is our friend.
Hihi

It is supposed to be

The friends of our enemies are our enemies. Or

The enemies of our friends are our enemies...

Edited by Petchou

Hihi

It is supposed to be

The enemies of our friends are our enemies...[/quote

Woops must have got distracted by the new bar girl. I ceed to your correct post :-)

Edited by japsportscarmad

Can you get in there and tell us who is who now???thumbsup.gif

I thought Assad was holding back the Islamic militants for us?

Hihi

It is supposed to be

Let me help you two rocket scientists out.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Sanskrit from the 4th century BC.

Hihi

It is supposed to be

Chuckd descendant of Sanskrit. Lol

If ISIS takes Syria and Lebanon. Than they will be sharing a border with Israel. Very interesting. Will the west tell Israel keep the glove on?

They'll have a big fight in Lebanon with Hezbolla and the Maranite Christian militia if they try and that will drag Iran even further in. Hezbolla are generally Christian tolerant in Beruit which is a surprise to many.

Isis would seem unlikely to be able to take much more of Syria as were arming the opposition, but who knows, it's the Middle East.

Hihi

It is supposed to be

Cheers fella :-)