Super Tower: More details about Bangkok's ambitious skyscraper

webfact

Super Tower: More details about Bangkok's ambitious skyscraper
By Coconuts Bangkok

supertower_1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- When Bangkok's tallest building towers over Southeast Asia, its designers hope it will also be a beacon for sustainability.

More details have emerged about the planned “Super Tower” announced earlier this month by Grand Canal Land, including its green ambitions.

Khlong Toei-based Architect 49 has partnered with Skidwell Owings & Merrill, the same American megafirm behind several of the world’s tallest erections, from 1969’s Hancock Center in Chicago, United States, to today's Burj Khalifa in Dubai. SOM will consult on the design.

The 615-meter tall project will aim for platinum certification under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED program. It’s exterior will be covered with insulated glass, with high efficiency air-conditioning for the interior.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/27/super-tower-more-details-about-bangkoks-ambitious-skyscraper

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-27

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasted space, money and creating a traffic nightmare. Not to mention an estimated 40% occupancy of the building.

Don't worry about the occupancy of the building, or the cost, those will be the owner's problems, they won't affect you.

Why would it be a waste of space, seems that using space vertically is a good way of not wasting ground space, surely? And a traffic nightmare, why?

Disregard problems with occupancy; it doesn't concern you. But explain more about why it could be a waste of space.

o_O

But is that not the area along the river that is prone to flooding and land slippage - sinking even?

DO NOT let this get in the way of being THE BIGGEST and obviously the HUB of every large erection!

I am fairly certain this G Land Super Tower will be built in the G Land development on Rama 9/Ratchadapisek behind the existing Central Rama 9 and "G" building (under construction); all part of a larger effort to brand a new CBD.

The design is pretty amazing, I think.

There was a long thread a week or so ago which contained some insight into the feasibility re: construction and economics.

I worked on the Burj Khalifa, also the River Project in Bangkok. Love to get a gig on this baby smile.png

If that's true, which company completed TQM and so forth on materials employed to build the Burj, and how do you think the Burj can anywhere near be compared with contracts going to Thai-only materials companies and builders?

I'm fascinated by your feasibility of such a comparison.

Yea, I have a great idea. Lets build a giant tower that will be located in a city that has been deemed to literally be sinking, along with rising water levels it will be flooded and eventually constantly under water in around 40 years. Yes, lets go ahead with this amazing plan.

Bangkok has serious future problems with water and in usual Thai fashion I suspect they will wait until they have an issue instead of preparing for it. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I worked on the Burj Khalifa, also the River Project in Bangkok. Love to get a gig on this baby smile.png

If that's true, which company completed TQM and so forth on materials employed to build the Burj, and how do you think the Burj can anywhere near be compared with contracts going to Thai-only materials companies and builders?

You do know Thai steel products and stainless is exported all over the world don't you, you do know Thai welders have been in involved in many worldwide projects don't you

But let's not let the truth get in the way of a bit of Thai bashing shall we

Do you even know what TQM is ?.....it doesn't just relate to materials, or are you just pulling acronyms out your bottom ?

What? If I didn't know what TQM is then I would know SFA about it. It involves the whole process, so obviously in your eyes I pulled it from my ass.

Thai bashing? Where was the TQM in Phatumtani in the building process of student digs that, fortunately, collapsed before even anybody was living there, yet killed construction workers? There are thousands of annual accounts of Thai structures collapsing, because of the way they are not implemented correctly in their construction.

Standards are standards, and currently all contracts to build remain here, so maybe, before knocking my post, you ought to seriously consider the risks involved when Thai construction companies tender bids for this dream project. It won't be Thais building it!!

You think this tower's budget can account for no short-cuts? Think again.

• Like 1

You do know Thai steel products and stainless is exported all over the world don't you, you do know Thai welders have been in involved in many worldwide projects don't you

But let's not let the truth get in the way of a bit of Thai bashing shall we

Do you even know what TQM is ?.....it doesn't just relate to materials, or are you just pulling acronyms out your bottom ?

What? If I didn't know what TQM is then I would know SFA about it. It involves the whole process, so obviously in your eyes I pulled it from my ass.

Thai bashing? Where was the TQM in Phatumtani in the building process of student digs that, fortunately, collapsed before even anybody was living there, yet killed construction workers? There are thousands of annual accounts of Thai structures collapsing, because of the way they are not implemented correctly in their construction.

Standards are standards, and currently all contracts to build remain here, so maybe, before knocking my post, you ought to seriously consider the risks involved when Thai construction companies tender bids for this dream project. It won't be Thais building it!!

You think this tower's budget can account for no short-cuts? Think again.

Take your heart meds dear boy before the old ticker explodes

• Like 1