How to make friends.Please help me@@

Solitary man

How everyone,i have come to here for 2 days by now,and alone with myself,i am just feeling lonely, and i just dont know how to make friends,if i just go up there and ask,i would be so streage. I am living in the Lanna guest house in which near the biggest temple in the old city. And I am from China,just wanna make friends with people all around the world.And by the way i speak English.I will keep staying here untill next month and go to the full moon party

Hey mate, travelling is a great way to meet new people and learn about yourself too, a good way to meet people is just sit down in a common area of the guest house, with a beer and just enjoy, say hi to people who walk past or sit down, it'll work itself out from there!biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hey mate, travelling is a great way to meet new people and learn about yourself too, a good way to meet people is just sit down in a common area of the guest house, with a beer and just enjoy, say hi to people who walk past or sit down, it'll work itself out from there!biggrin.png

thx mate ,you are right.But i think maybe because i am from China,people are very not independent here,me neither.It seens like its really a good opputunity to improve my capability.But the truth is i am just laying in my bed once again@@...So sad.

If you can speak Mandarin there are a heap of places to go where you can mix with Thais (and more than a few Burmese). Lots of very sociable small hole in the wall Karaoke joints (not the ones with window dressing out the front) where you can have beers/food/ and do your best Theresa Teng covers until the wee hours. Once you have a small group then you are set for weekends at the lake, Royal Flora visits....and anything involving food.

If you can speak Mandarin there are a heap of places to go where you can mix with Thais (and more than a few Burmese). Lots of very sociable small hole in the wall Karaoke joints (not the ones with window dressing out the front) where you can have beers/food/ and do your best Theresa Teng covers until the wee hours. Once you have a small group then you are set for weekends at the lake, Royal Flora visits....and anything involving food.

yeah chinese is my mother togue. But I am a bit afreid of speaking it here,because i heard chinese isnt really welcoming here, .And also even chinese is my first laungue but my chinese is very bad,even chinese peoplr can not understand what i am saying. I will just walk around and see.. thx bro.

Just wondering why you came to chiang mai alone.

I was in a similar situation and came to thailand a few years back. I was advised to go to phuket.

I dont think i ever remember loneliness from the minute I stepped off that plane...until my plane left again after a weeks overstay.

Admittedly that was a quick fix but not as easy here.

Agree with the above put yourself in busy areas and dont try to force friendship. Join in with a few social groups such as thai classes walking groups sports groups photograpghy classes or just go on usual touristy day trips..

Dont be too hung up about finding an entourage of buddies most people have many acquaintances here but actual friends you are lucky if you have 2

there are many Chinese tourists here right now. they get together in the afternoons and swim, go on walks, ride bicycles, etc. and go out and stuff themselves in the evenings. shouldn't be too difficult to go to Taphae and see many groups congregating. i was there this afternoon and there were MANY. i gave directions to 2 different friendly Chinese ladies. get out of bed and into the city where there are people. laying in bed and you will spiral downward.

if you have not traveled alone before then it takes some getting used to. fortunately this is a very friendly city. in Bangkok it would be difficult; not here. get out and be positive.

• Like 1

there are many Chinese tourists here right now. they get together in the afternoons and swim, go on walks, ride bicycles, etc. and go out and stuff themselves in the evenings. shouldn't be too difficult to go to Taphae and see many groups congregating. i was there this afternoon and there were MANY. i gave directions to 2 different friendly Chinese ladies. get out of bed and into the city where there are people. laying in bed and you will spiral downward.

if you have not traveled alone before then it takes some getting used to. fortunately this is a very friendly city. in Bangkok it would be difficult; not here. get out and be positive.

Thx dude ,it needs some time to get used to it,this is my first time travel outside all by myself .i just bought the ticket for kickboxing tonight.,hoping it will be a lot of fun.