Cheap Tailor in Bangkok?

Metapod

Looking for a tailor on the cheaper spectrum in Bangkok.

Any suggestions?

I know you get what you pay for, but I have a lot of other expenses to juggle at the moment, and I am really in need of some new shirts and pants. i figure if I am getting the shirts and pants, I might as well look into getting a suit done also.

So where can I get something done on the lower end?

I'd more concerned about a good fit, than high quality material. I can do multiple fittings.

And what price range am I looking at for ....

Suit

Shirts

Pants

Walked past a lot of places advertising suits at $99USD, but I am guessing that might be too cheap and shitty?

What is the "sweet spot" for a cheap suit?

Go to Jackie's tailors opposite Nana. Ask for Nick - friend of mine - his family have been in the business for 40 years and are not expensive, but good quality. Tell him I sent you. Good luck, Tim

Can you give me a rough pricing expectation?

Go to Jackie's tailors opposite Nana. Ask for Nick - friend of mine - his family have been in the business for 40 years and are not expensive, but good quality. Tell him I sent you. Good luck, Tim

Can you give me a rough pricing expectation?

You could get a well made lightweight tropical suit for around 8,000 baht. Shirts for around 800 baht. But don't quote me as they will offer you a deal if you buy several items. This is one of the more established Indian Sikh families in Thailand. They are very honest, will not rip you off, and are easy to deal with.

Ok - go to the Rex hotel - opposite Soi 49 about a block past the Philippines Embassy on the same side. On the ground floor to the right inside the door is a small tailor he's been there for years. He would probably meet your budget. Ask for Jack tell him Tim from Australia sent you. My son's friends have had things made with him and haven't complained. Tim