Top things Thai people don't like about Farang

I'm here for the convenient infrastructure, fair weather, lower costs, and easy visas.

Thai culture actually doesn't agree with me so much and I lost interest in it long ago.

Of course I went through a "honeymoon" period which was mostly BEFORE I actually moved here. All downhill from there.

My personality is not a match with Thai culture.

Should I leave? Perhaps, but I've been so comfortable here that I just don't feel that my lack of interest in Thai culture is really a problem.

Of course it would be a problem if I lived in the sticks, but I don't, and I wouldn't.

Some things I like ... the food, of course, but it's hardly my favorite type in the world.

Am I "bad farang" that Thais wouldn't like for not loving their culture very much.

Most likely.

Do I care?

Not in the slightest.

My interest in assimilating into "Thainess" is basically non-existent.

I don't admire "farangs" who have gone native.

I think they're ridiculous.

Cheers!coffee1.gif

I admire the honesty ... thumbsup.gif

There isn't enough of that on the Forum.

Too much crudeness, too much arguing ... not enough honesty.

JT ... I don't agree, but I like your post.

Was there an on topic part that I missed? Where is the part where he says what "Thai people don't like about Farangs?" I think it is the post of an egocentric person who says nothing about other people and only talks about what he likes and does not like about Thailand which as far as I can see has nothing to do with the topic.

I think his point was that what Thais like is irrelevant to him - a resounding endorsement of the tolerance of his host nation - or at least his host town.

SC

I agree with you 100%. However the topic is "Top things Thai people don't like about Farang" and that was my point.

I agree with you 100%. However the topic is "Top things Thai people don't like about Farang" and that was my point.

And his point, entirely on topic, was 'who cares? Not me'

You can have the last word now, I have work in the morning

• Like 1

And his point, entirely on topic, was 'who cares? Not me'

You can have the last word now, I have work in the morning

The topic that question answers is "why I don't care about Thai people." Not, "Top things Thai people don't like about Farang."

You are richer than them and have an educational and are willing to work long hours to get ahead, you also accept responsibility for your actions, and are hung better.

Thai women? I think they are the majority. My wife does not dislike any of those things. Nor did my 12 or so Thai GF's. Who are you talking about?

You are richer than them and have an educational and are willing to work long hours to get ahead, you also accept responsibility for your actions, and are hung better.

Thai women? I think they are the majority. My wife does not dislike any of those things. Nor did my 12 or so Thai GF's. Who are you talking about?

12 ?? That must be worthy of a topic in itself.

Off topic though as they all liked Farang. I could tell you many things they liked or I liked or disliked but the topic is specific. Things Thai people (men and women) don't like about Farang.

Off topic though as they all liked Farang. I could tell you many things they liked or I liked or disliked but the topic is specific. Things Thai people (men and women) don't like about Farang.

Okay, so i rephrase my previous post.

12 ?? They do not like foreigners boasting about themselves.

Oddly enough I don't regularly expose myself to Thai people.

I'm aware that puts me in a minority here.

Actually, you may be the only one........tongue.png

"exposing" oneself is normally a criminal offence in most countries.....

Farangs that ask for unreasonable discount. Time to time, we get people visitng my apartments and condos knowing that rent/sales price is a lot higher than they can afford. There was a customer made an appointment to see 50,000 baht/month room. Then made an offer she has a budget of 20,000 baht, take it or leave it.

otocheater, on 28 Oct 2014 - 10:14, said:snapback.png

It depends on what type of farang. Farang kee nok or farang work in office or posh farang.

Base on Nationalities also. For example American talk too much. Over act , show off, too independent... (a bit crazy)

British too proud of acents even from Liverpool, Manchester or New castle and i never understood scottish.

French just pretend to be elegant but actually quite rude (resist)

Australian too thrifty, never gave any tips to servicers. (If Thais know this customers from Australia they dont wanna give good service)

Just what we think.

Best regards,

You got us all nicely placed in a little box.....I do not find your generalizations entertaining....nor accurate.

A shallow view of the world perhaps.

otocheater, on 28 Oct 2014 - 10:14, said:snapback.png

It depends on what type of farang. Farang kee nok or farang work in office or posh farang.

Base on Nationalities also. For example American talk too much. Over act , show off, too independent... (a bit crazy)

British too proud of acents even from Liverpool, Manchester or New castle and i never understood scottish.

French just pretend to be elegant but actually quite rude (resist)

Australian too thrifty, never gave any tips to servicers. (If Thais know this customers from Australia they dont wanna give good service)

Just what we think.

Best regards,

You got us all nicely placed in a little box.....I do not find your generalizations entertaining....nor accurate.

A shallow view of the world perhaps.

I read your comment in this thread earlier. No one click like on your post.

Can you considered yourself?

Indeed people dont taking serious here and they prefer to read a funny ideas from me. Its unique.

Best of luck

Indeed people dont taking serious here and they prefer to read a funny ideas from me. Its unique.

Best of luck

Dear otocheater ... I'm beginning to worry about you.

Up so early, living in Thailand and posting.

Please dear ... get some more quality sleep.

Then your imagination can rest, be refreshed because, as you say ...

"Indeed people dont taking serious here and they prefer to read a funny ideas from me" ... rolleyes.gif

Best of luck

Dear otocheater ... I'm beginning to worry about you.

Up so early, living in Thailand and posting.

Please dear ... get some more quality sleep.

Then your imagination can rest, be refreshed because, as you say ...

"Indeed people dont taking serious here and they prefer to read a funny ideas from me" ... rolleyes.gif

any idea who she might be?

Okay, so i rephrase my previous post.

12 ?? They do not like foreigners boasting about themselves.

If I was boasting I would have included more than my first month here. Why do you think men retire in Thailand? Honestly I thought I was being modest. But do bring up a valid point. Do Thai women like Farangs who have many women. I have a Muslim friend who has more than one wife and his wives seem OK with it. So I would say it depends on the woman and cultural beliefs and location.

some beer drinking/ barhopping sad farangs who hate anything thai.

The prejudice of Issan people by farangs

The intereference of thai politics by know all wannabees.

The disgust of thai driving, then farang do the same

The hatred of corruption by farangs, who then want to bribe police, and have the right to buy themselves out of trouble

The wannabee hi-so farangs, that think they are better than thais

You really don't like farangs do you.

In conclusion to you post, you are either a thai with a massive chip on the shoulder or a foreigner who is strangely ashamed of his own race. Quite sad either way.

No he is not a Thai. His previous posts says he is a 63 year old, from the UK, with a Thai "girlfriend" from Pattaya, that does NOT want his money. So you would be correct about the massive chip on his shoulder and ashamed of his own race. Yes, as you say "quite sad".

• Like 1

The hatred of corruption by farangs, who then want to bribe police, and have the right to buy themselves out of trouble

In conclusion to you post, you are either a thai with a massive chip on the shoulder or a foreigner who is strangely ashamed of his own race. Quite sad either way.

No he is not a Thai. His previous posts says he is a 63 year old, from the UK, with a Thai "girlfriend" from Pattaya, that does NOT want his money. So you would be correct about the massive chip on his shoulder and ashamed of his own race. Yes, as you say "quite sad".

Farang is not a race, you half wit...

sir

you are probably the saddest man i have ever seen on Thaivisa. Going back on my posts to make an opinion on my recent accurate post. My lifetime ambition is to meet you and discuss this man to man, and btw, dont always believe everything you read on here, iam not 63.

Farang is not a race, you half wit...

Let him continue with his drivel, we can have a good laugh.HALF WIT IS MAKING HIM SOUND GOOD

sir

you are probably the saddest man i have ever seen on Thaivisa. Going back on my posts to make an opinion on my recent accurate post. My lifetime ambition is to meet you and discuss this man to man, and btw, dont always believe everything you read on here, iam not 63.

It was you that said you lived in the UK for 53 years and LOS for 10.

come on lets be straight here. we farangs come here to thailand, eat what we want, live where we want,party when & where we want,have more money than the thai,most of us have a better education than thai,those that work get paid more than thai. most farangs have a wisdom born from past experiance, the thais do not. we take there women at will & expect all thais to be like our home country people & we complain when they are not. it is sad that at times i feel this way. ...just wonder what do the thais think of us? ....ime thinking, not to much :-)

come on lets be straight here. we farangs come here to thailand, eat what we want, live where we want,party when & where we want,have more money than the thai,most of us have a better education than thai,those that work get paid more than thai. most farangs have a wisdom born from past experiance, the thais do not. we take there women at will & expect all thais to be like our home country people & we complain when they are not. it is sad that at times i feel this way. ...just wonder what do the thais think of us? ....ime thinking, not to much :-)

OK I'll be straight with you. Obviously you don't speak Thai and have never had a serious conversation with a Thai person. Most Thais are exposed to retired London taxi drivers and oil rig workers who have middle aged women from Issan with two juvenile delinquent children from a previous man; hardly the cream of the eligible crop of Thai superstars. I don't know how much wisdom you expect out of taxi drivers or rig pigs; I would not count on too much but the new crop digital nomads do make them look like brain trusts.

The topic is what Thai people don't like about Farangs. I would say they abhor the lack of critical thinking skills/education that allow the lowest level of Thai society to remove so much cash from these uneducated country bumpkins from the West with such regularity.

• Like 1