Top things Thai people don't like about Farang

18 minutes ago, Catoni said:

If you stay healthy.... you will one day be old also.  I smell ageism....  Remember, it's not their fault they grew old.  That's nature...... and good for them that many of them still feel young inside.... young at heart...

We've work hard to fight communism, fascism, racism..antisemitism, ethnocentrism, sexism......

....but we must fight hard also against ageism... 

You nearly had me until you said young at heart. 

On 28/10/2014 at 9:52 AM, Briggsy said:

Aggression,

Losing their temper,

Smelly,

Not respecting authority,

Demanding,

Foreign, not Thai,

Superiority,

Competition,

Too fussy about standards, details, legality, etc.,

Expensive to employ.

• Advanced Members
  • 11,782 posts

Aggression,

Losing their temper,

Smelly,

Aggression,

Losing their temper,

Smelly,

Demanding,

Foreign, not Thai,

Superiority,

Competition,

Expensive to employ.

• Advanced Members
  • 11,782 posts

Aggression,

Losing their temper,

Smelly,

Aggression,

Losing their temper,

Smelly,

Demanding,

Foreign, not Thai,

Superiority,

Competition,

Expensive to employ.

Not respecting authority?? I don't think so, would that not be terrible hypocrisy?

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Not respecting authority?? I don't think so, would that not be terrible hypocrisy?

From the Thai perspective (which was the question) the lack of deferral to authority from farang to senior or official figures is deeply disconcerting. It is instilled in them, often through use of a stick, since early childhood. So, to see a farang question or show challenging body language or frustration to a senior figure upsets them. Western society is 'flatter' than the typical 'vertical' South East Asian society. Farangs go out of their way to not kowtow.

So, I will stick with this one. I believe it is a big thing that Thais don't like about farangs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/10/2014 at 3:01 AM, CMCMANGOMAN said:

"Top things Thai people don't like about Farang"

For every "probrem" that cmcmangoman has EVER had in Thailand in 10 years time stems from one thing and one thing only. THAI JEALOUSY. If one was to really stop and analyze Thailands people and culture, one would find that most problems start with the trifecta of trouble. That is, jealousy, greed and selfishness. From these three things come all other actions, attitudes, and re-actions. These are the foundational root in fact, of ALL problems in the entire world. Not just Thailand. But for this post lets just focus on Thai specifics.

#1) Thais are jealous of my precieved monied lifestyle.

#2) Thais believe I must have inherited my money from a "litch" family back in falangland and this creates jealousy in them.

#3) Thais envy my formal education in engineering, my breadth of knowledge and my traveled world perspective on the rare occasion I actually give it.

#4) Finally,but not exhaustive by any means, Thai people are blatantly jealous of my Thai wife who must of somehow done SOMETHING to have fooled this obviously "supa litch" falang into marrying her and by extension made her "soooo litch"!!!

Say what you want gentlemen but I speak the truth and deep down we all know what I write here is truth. It's absolute human nature. No one is exempt, just forgiven. So be hard to offend and easy to forgive and enjoy what's left over. Best advice.

Paranoid much?

On 29/10/2014 at 3:01 AM, CMCMANGOMAN said:

"Top things Thai people don't like about Farang"

For every "probrem" that cmcmangoman has EVER had in Thailand in 10 years time stems from one thing and one thing only. THAI JEALOUSY. If one was to really stop and analyze Thailands people and culture, one would find that most problems start with the trifecta of trouble. That is, jealousy, greed and selfishness. From these three things come all other actions, attitudes, and re-actions. These are the foundational root in fact, of ALL problems in the entire world. Not just Thailand. But for this post lets just focus on Thai specifics.

#1) Thais are jealous of my precieved monied lifestyle.

#2) Thais believe I must have inherited my money from a "litch" family back in falangland and this creates jealousy in them.

#3) Thais envy my formal education in engineering, my breadth of knowledge and my traveled world perspective on the rare occasion I actually give it.

#4) Finally,but not exhaustive by any means, Thai people are blatantly jealous of my Thai wife who must of somehow done SOMETHING to have fooled this obviously "supa litch" falang into marrying her and by extension made her "soooo litch"!!!

Say what you want gentlemen but I speak the truth and deep down we all know what I write here is truth. It's absolute human nature. No one is exempt, just forgiven. So be hard to offend and easy to forgive and enjoy what's left over. Best advice.

Paranoid much?

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone's favourites' from the following attitudes?

1. I know it all best.
  2. I am the best
  3. I come from a perfect country
  4. You are not intelligent as much as I am
  5. You must do and live the way I like

On 3/6/2018 at 12:36 AM, Rodwalloper said:

Thai people do the same things they claim are annoying about us.

however when they do it its ok, when we do it its not ok.

I think you are likely a tourist with limited experience in Thailand.

Surely you'll claim  otherwise.

On 5/29/2018 at 3:23 PM, delphioracle said:

Brings to mind the feelings in England during W W 2 when the Americans became involved.

Over  sexed, over here over fed and  overpaid.?

To which they replied "You are under sexed, under paid and under Ike"

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...