Best bank account to open if sending money to Singapore

Hi all,

I currently have a kbank account in Thailand and use dbs in Singapore. I am going to be sending money regularly from Thailand to Singapore. I'd like to open an additional bank account here anyway. Does anyone have any experience of a bank that makes this relatively painless? I was wondering if a bank like stanchart or uob would be better given they also have branches in Sing. BBL also has a branch in Singapore - has anyone banked with BBL and sent money overseas?

Many thanks in advance,

OB

Yes I use BBL and send almost monthly funds to Singapore.

I don't use DBS as I prefer OSBC but it should be the same. When I send from Bangkok to Singapore I always SWIFT in S$ and from Singapore to Bangkok Bank in Thailand its always THB. Takes 2-3 working days.

Yes I use BBL and send almost monthly funds to Singapore.

I don't use DBS as I prefer OSBC but it should be the same. When I send from Bangkok to Singapore I always SWIFT in S$ and from Singapore to Bangkok Bank in Thailand its always THB. Takes 2-3 working days.

Thank you kindly

If you are a Priority Banking client with Stan Chart (assets > THB 3mio with them including mutual funds, deposits etc) and you transfer to another overseas Stan Chart bank account you get free international transfers.

https://www.sc.com/th/priority/en/internationalServices.html

If you think need to use a correspondent bank as part of the chain, check and ensure this is also StanChart too, by asking your RM.

Cheers

Fletch :)

I know it's not exactly what you're asking, but here's my experience, as a British resident of Thailand, of general banking in Singapore:

CIMB: brilliant

Standard Chartered: brilliant

CitiBank: disappointing

HSBC: disappointing

UOB: a disaster

Thanks a lot. I actually have an account with cimb so I might just try though them. Thanks a lot I appreciate your advice

OB

CIMB are making a real push to become a regional player. In Thailand they bought Bank Thai which was a bit of a mess, but they seem to be getting to grips with sorting it out. In Malaysia they are in merger talks with other top banks, and a decent presence in Singapore. Expect them to increase coverage in SE Asia.

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile