Ballon D'Or

carmine

It is surprising, having regularly read the Manchester City section of TV forum, that YaYa Toure is on the list but David Silva and Aguero don't get a mention. Man City fans seem to see Aguaro and Silva as 'the best players in the world' in their relative positions and consider YaYa to be 'lazy, uninterested, a hasbeen'. Do supporters know more than the people who pick these players for awards?

The Ballon has become as much a bad joke as everything else FIFA touches. Suarez not being on the short list indicates just how childishly political it has become.

You seriously think the biter should be rewarded?

Get real.

• Like 1

^

The fact he's not in it, gives it more credibility for me.!

Would it make it more fair, if it was commented by those in power, that he would have been on the list, had he not bitten someone, again...?!

redrus

is simeone the bookies' favourite? wouldn't surprise me for the decision to go political again and it go to ancelotti for getting madrid la decima.

“It has surprised me and it appears it’s impossible for him to shut his mouth, the president of FIFA” Ancelotti said on Wednesday.

/2014/10/29/carlo-ancelotti-believes-it-is-impossible-for-sepp-blatter-to-shut-his-mouth

That might have dented his chances Stevie?biggrin.png

• Like 2

The Ballon has become as much a bad joke as everything else FIFA touches. Suarez not being on the short list indicates just how childishly political it has become.

You seriously think the biter should be rewarded?

Get real.

Oh you're so wrong there mate. Regardless of what a tool he clearly is he had an outstanding season. Basically, he doesn't get the gong but you have to acknowledge his seasons achievements otherwise theres no credibility.

Off and running this year...On me 'ead son.....Assist of the season so far?

https://mid.vncdn.co/vine/videos/BC657136AC1139401223259451392_32c9ac1aeae.0.1.10804712391530090003.mp4

Edited by wilai

is simeone the bookies' favourite? wouldn't surprise me for the decision to go political again and it go to ancelotti for getting madrid la decima.

“It has surprised me and it appears it’s impossible for him to shut his mouth, the president of FIFA” Ancelotti said on Wednesday.

/2014/10/29/carlo-ancelotti-believes-it-is-impossible-for-sepp-blatter-to-shut-his-mouth

That might have dented his chances Stevie?biggrin.png

Gotta love Carlo!!

^

The fact he's not in it, gives it more credibility for me.!

Would it make it more fair, if it was commented by those in power, that he would have been on the list, had he not bitten someone, again...?!

redrus

You've completely lost me here!! How does his exclusion possibly give it more credibility? Thats just absurd!!!

Its not a Liverpool/Man Utd thing here mate its about the seasons best players being nominated and not turning the Ballon D'Or into a politically correct showpiece event.

1 Suarez was one of the best players in the world last season which merits nomination.

2 He was punished for his indiscretions so that should already have been the end of it.

When the seasons best players don't get a nomination then the whole thing has little credibility.

How have I lost you..?

I'm just expressing an opinion and never brought either United or Liverpool into the equation, Suarez plays for neither.

Suarez was one of the best players last season (yes, when he played for Liverpool), again you find no argument from me.

He was punished for his crime, and again, no argument.

My issue is, rewarding players that are an example, both on and off the pitch. This is an award for such a player and, had Suarez not bitten again I would be more than happy with his inclusion.

As it stands, I think its up to him to prove me and everyone else wrong and play like he can and get on that list next year, and I completely disagree that we should reward him in anyway for his "indiscretions" in summer.

I include sleeping with your brothers wife and shagging grannies in this list too, not that Rooney will ever win the F-in thing anyway.

I also don't believe credibility is gained by adding people who are not exemplary both on, and off the field throughout the whole year, and this isn't just about the football, its about the man who wins it too.

I do understand what you're saying, honestly I do, I just disagree with you....x

redrus

Previous Ballon d'or winners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or_(1956–2009)