Retirement extension of stay (Sriracha Immigration) TM30 required

This morning I went to Sriracha immigration to renew my extension of stay (Retirement). I had with me all the papers on the latest list I have seen. This included my house rental agreement etc. The officer had a quick look at the papers and told me I need to get hold of a TM30 and get it filled in before she could process my paperwork any further. She did not check anywhere if my landlady had already completed a TM30.

A TM 30 is a form which is filled in by the house owner and called "NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER OWNER OR POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED" No where on the TM form is there anywhere for me to sign so I don't understand why this should stop my paperwork going but it has. Now I have a mad rush to get hold of my landlady. This form was not asked for when I did my 90 day reporting three weeks ago.

In reality it is the home owners responsibility to do the report not the person that is renting the house. It seems some immigration offices are putting that responsibility on those that are applying for extensions of stay by insisting they get one from the owner.

In reality it is the home owners responsibility to do the report not the person that is renting the house. It seems some immigration offices are putting that responsibility on those that are applying for extensions of stay by insisting they get one from the owner.

Does this only apply to houses, or does it also apply to those of us renting apartments, condos, etc? The reason I asked, is once during a 90-day address report at Chaeng Wattana I was asked if my address was a house or apartment and they asked me to add my apt # (since then I always include the name of the apartment building and apt # on everything).... If it is becoming standard maybe I will ask my landlord before I go for next extension of stay...

Does this only apply to houses, or does it also apply to those of us renting apartments, condos, etc? The reason I asked, is once during a 90-day address report at Chaeng Wattana I was asked if my address was a house or apartment and they asked me to add my apt # (since then I always include the name of the apartment building and apt # on everything).... If it is becoming standard maybe I will ask my landlord before I go for next extension of stay...

Also applies to apartments, condo's etc.

I have seen no reports of CW asking for the TM30.

Your apartment management may of already reported you. Immigration has enforced the rule on them for some time. It is harder for them to do for houses.

• Like 1

ruddick, from your OP I understand that you are renting the place where you stay, your residence. Your landlady is the owner of your residence.

1. Who has the exclusive right to use the residence?
  2. Who knows on what date you arrive at your residence (this being the date to be written on the form TM.30)?
  3. Who has the right to invite other people to stay at your residence and thus knows on what date they arrive (names and dates to be written on the TM30)?
  4. In other words, who is the chief possessor of your residence?

Look at the form TM.30 again. About two-thirds down the page, on the right, you will see this:

post-21260-0-68674600-1414585868_thumb.p

If your immigration office wants you to submit this form, do them this favour. Sign on the line for the signature, and below that line underline or encircle POSSESSOR. Done, and everybody is happy.

• Like 1

According to a news report earlier this year, apparently even some immigration officers, who read the original Thai text of the form and the law and regulations on which the form TM.30 is based, get it wrong sometimes, as did the officer in Hua Hin who was quoted as saying that both the owner and the tenant must submit this form.

In fact also the text of section 38 of the Immigration Act and the text of the form get it wrong. "House-Master" is defined in section 4 as follows:

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

Once the term "House-Master" was clearly defined in the early part of the law, there was no need to use part of that definition in addition to "House-Master" in subsequent sections of the law or in regulations and forms based on the law, except perhaps to include the legal definition in parentheses for easy reference. One residence, one House-Master. One House-Master, one form TM.30.

• Like 1

As a condo-owner, living in my own condo, I have submitted a TM.28 in the past. Is that sufficient?

Also, per the letter of the law, does a TM.28 need to be submitted after every trip away from home, whether to another part of Thailand (where the hotel submits a form indicating I'm not at home) or overseas (where I submit my address on the TM.6)?

As a condo-owner, living in my own condo, I have submitted a TM.28 in the past. Is that sufficient?

Also, per the letter of the law, does a TM.28 need to be submitted after every trip away from home, whether to another part of Thailand (where the hotel submits a form indicating I'm not at home) or overseas (where I submit my address on the TM.6)?

Not sure how you would report yourself on a TM30 but I would not be surprised if some odd immigration office wanted it.

Most of the time time the TM28 is only is used for a change of address. There is very little enforcement of the of the 24/48 hour reporting rules that require the TM28.

There is very little enforcement of the of the 24/48 hour reporting rules that require the TM28.

All but impossible in practice over the Songkran period in particular, I would have thought. If you were to travel to another part of Thailand for a few days then, the local immigration office at your destination would not, of course, in all probability be open to receive a completed TM28 form in any event!

• 4 months later...

Completed my 90 day report at Sriracha this morning. Considering this was my first report at Sriracha and for my current address, I was fully expecting to be asked for a TM30 ... but wasn't.

However I was asked for a copy of passport front page, departure card, visa page, last entry stamp page.and my lease/receipts.

For those using this office, the 90 day reporting counters are in the small dedicated room to the right of the main entrance. Parking was easy, the staff were friendly, and I was in & out in six minutes including the time it took to fill out the TM28.

• 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2014 at 1:35 PM, ubonjoe said:

Did my 3 th ret. extension first week of September at Jomtien , just a copy of Renting contract ....no TM30 asked ...only the information paper and the other needed doc.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2014 at 7:31 PM, Maestro said:

ruddick, from your OP I understand that you are renting the place where you stay, your residence. Your landlady is the owner of your residence.

1. Who has the exclusive right to use the residence?
  2. Who knows on what date you arrive at your residence (this being the date to be written on the form TM.30)?
  3. Who has the right to invite other people to stay at your residence and thus knows on what date they arrive (names and dates to be written on the TM30)?
  4. In other words, who is the chief possessor of your residence?

Look at the form TM.30 again. About two-thirds down the page, on the right, you will see this:

TM.30 signature.png

If your immigration office wants you to submit this form, do them this favour. Sign on the line for the signature, and below that line underline or encircle POSSESSOR. Done, and everybody is happy.

I can understand that the owner must fill in the tm30 , but the house owner can not know if you invite another foreigner to stay with you , so at that point I can see that the tenant is seen as the possessor of the house , and so his responsibility , or else many agents could have big problem as they have most time maked the renting contract and can be seen as the responsible ones to fill the tm30 ...OR NOT ??

I went to Sriracha Immigation for my Non-B one year extension. The company secretary came with me along with a pile of company documents. I then went to the 90-day reporting section with my rental agreement and a signed copy of the owner's condo registration and his ID card. ( this was my first 90 day report since I moved to this new location three months ago with a three-month Non-B visa)They told me it was not enough and asked me to telephone the condo-apartment  manager and have her come to immigration with aTM 30. I went to get her and brought her back to immigration. They scolded her for not having reported me with the TM 30 when I first moved in. They then fined her 800 Baht. 

On 9/26/2016 at 11:59 PM, david555 said:

I can understand that the owner must fill in the tm30 , but the house owner can not know if you invite another foreigner to stay with you , so at that point I can see that the tenant is seen as the possessor of the house , and so his responsibility , or else many agents could have big problem as they have most time maked the renting contract and can be seen as the responsible ones to fill the tm30 ...OR NOT ??

What if the owner not live in Thailand and you rent from.a Real Estate agent ?

The agent completed the form.

This is the owners job not ours. Not be fooled. We are not to held responsible. It is only once this information is lodged. If and when you move you must notify them.

On 9/26/2016 at 11:59 PM, david555 said:

You are not very clear. Just tell us is the tenant the chief possessor or the land lady.

56 minutes ago, performance said:

You are not very clear. Just tell us is the tenant the chief possessor or the land lady.

The owner has the responsibility for the reporting the tenant ...., but the owner can not always know  who you let stay with you longer than 24 hours .as tenant ....so could be final the tenant seen as the one needing to make the tm 30 as the word "possessor " is the key word in that case ....and for 1 time for Thai wording is very logic...

Some immigration officers can see it so, and others different ...surprise surprise....?.

.! think any way in such a case the farang shall be the one to pay ......as honoustly ....the landlord knows to who he rent out ....but final the tenant who is the possessor the one who have active control /responsibility of condo /house

Edited by david555

5 hours ago, david555 said:

The owner has the responsibility for the reporting the tenant ...., but the owner can not always know  who you let stay with you longer than 24 hours .as tenant ....so could be final the tenant seen as the one needing to make the tm 30 as the word "possessor " is the key word in that case ....and for 1 time for Thai wording is very logic...

Some immigration officers can see it so, and others different ...surprise surprise....?.

.! think any way in such a case the farang shall be the one to pay ......as honoustly ....the landlord knows to who he rent out ....but final the tenant who is the possessor the one who have active control /responsibility of condo /house

Yes and as a example a long stay falang with the appropriate VISA. Who maybe lodging his first ever marriage exstension based off a NON O MARRIAGE. He will submitt the TM30 signed by the THAI real estate agent. Due to the fact the owner is not even in the country. He will submitt it with the other completed paper work for the extension. Job done. 

This is then not the tenants issue. Truth is he has now landed the problem to the real estate agent and owner. Me personally I provide my address on entry to Thailand on a multi entry visa. Although this will soon change.

8 hours ago, performance said:

This is the owners job not ours. Not be fooled. We are not to held responsible. It is only once this information is lodged. If and when you move you must notify them.

There are reports on here of some offices insisting on a fresh TM30 being submitted each time the resident foreigner returns to their humble LOS abode from a trip to foreign pastures.