Jomtien Immigration today, fantastic service best in years

bob4you

Their modern system now that it is computerized (or they figured out you can use a computer to do everything) has made it a joy. 5 minutes max for 90 day & no more than 3 hours to pick up passport for me on the 1 year. About 5 minutes actual processing time & I don't feel like a criminal being put under heavy scrutiny like in the early 2004-2008ish times where it was always 2 days.They still make me come back to do the 90 day separate but who knows with the computer usage they should be able to streamline it into a one day event.

Horror story at ChaengWattana this past Tuesday.

Went in at 9 AM (they open at 8.30) for the one-year extension. Got queue # 43.

Was processed at 11 AM in less than 5 min (all my documentation in perfect order as usual) and got the one-year stamp but had to wait until 1 PM for the supervising officer to come back from a "meeting" to get the final approval signature on the stamp ...

• Like 1

Was processed at 11 AM in less than 5 min (all my documentation in perfect order as usual) and got the one-year stamp but had to wait until 1 PM for the supervising officer to come back from a "meeting" to get the final approval signature on the stamp ...

You're no fun.

• Like 1

I have lived here almost 10 years and have experienced some horror stories at Jomtien Immigration

I`m now using jomtien immigration for 6 years and never had a problem there

Be polite, have your papers complete ready and never had to wait for longer than 30 min.

Always perfect service can not believe that somebody have a problem there

wen you have a problem look only to your self

Yes, I have never experienced any "horror stories" at Jomtien or even when they were located near Beach Rd in Pattaya. They've always been polite and efficient.

I was wanting to get an extension of my 30 day VOA it was due to expire and my retirement visa had already expired in July.

Doubt you have a Visa on Arrival or that you've been here for 10 years on any visa. Most likely a Visa Exempt Entry now and before that an extension of stay based on retirement.

I was there this morning too! . a few weeks ago I was there for a residential certificate and like the ops I have been here over ten years? not sure if there are less people because of better procedures and the computer but in and out pretty fast. Needed to transfer stamps etc.. to my new passport, given a number and 10 minutes later I was given another number to come back in morning to pick up.

Not sure if the coup has affected everything? but whatever the reason I'm not complaining I just hope when I extend my retirement visa for another year in January it is also as fast?

Was at Chamchuri for my annual on Monday. Staff guy did all the running around, but it was quick and for the final bit, I spoke to the female inspector who was delightful and charming. Staff at Jomtien also always pleasant. Now I have to find something else to bitch about.

Was at Chamchuri for my annual on Monday. Staff guy did all the running around, but it was quick and for the final bit, I spoke to the female inspector who was delightful and charming. Staff at Jomtien also always pleasant. Now I have to find something else to bitch about.

Baht busses....JT....Anybody????

Sounds great...just like Udon Thani.

I moved to Chiang Mai, and almost want to go back, just because of the shoddy immigration service they have in Chiang Mai. Hope it improves soon. Definitely need some satellite stations, a half way decent chair that won't break when you sit in it...and a less "overworked, stressed out staff."

I love baht buses! On one now. Getting my 10 baht ready.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I love baht buses! On one now. Getting my 10 baht ready.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I knew it....tickle him the right way....on he jumps... just can't help himself.tongue.png

• Like 1

You're no fun.

I would be no fun either if I had to wait for two hours for the pleasure of some supervising officer who loves his authority, I refuse to believe that no one else was available to " get the final approval signature on the stamp". It sure is some way to treat a "visitor" in this country.

Having used Phuket, CW, Jomtien and a couple of Imm in Issan I can confirm that Jomtien is the place to go if you are looking for efficient pain free and pleasant service.

Never any hassle and always stress free.

Cant praise the staff there enough.

Edit: big fingers small keyboard.

Edited by DennisF

The guys at the front that give out the queue numbers, and are supposed to check to ensure all of the documents are present for the required deed. These guys have lots of room for improvement. It's not until the guy that signs or does the stamp that one hears that something is missing or not adequate.

It took me 2 trips to Jomtien and a day later, to hear I had to go to Bangkok to get a new non-immigrant 'O' visa. The guys at the front could have told me go to BKK since Jomtien had their rights to issue non-immigrant visas revoked.