Loy Krathong in Pattaya 2014

Guderian

My Thai Visa calender tells me that Loy Krathong this year is on 6, 7 and 8 November. Can anyone please tell me which of these three days is the big day in Pattaya when everyone goes to the beach to float their krathongs and send their kom loys up into the sky?

To make it easy for revelers, Loy Kratong is always celebrated at the full moon early November (and occasionally late October). Just check any lunar calendar and you'd be spot on. This year it's the 6th of November as mentioned.

To make it easy for revelers, Loy Kratong is always celebrated at the full moon early November (and occasionally late October). Just check any lunar calendar and you'd be spot on. This year it's the 6th of November as mentioned.

That's how I've worked out which day it is in the past, but according to the Thai Visa calender this year the full moon is on the 7th. That's why I've been confused. I've checked some lunar almanacs and they all say the 6th, so it just seems there's a mistake in this year's calender.

• 2 weeks later...