Inverter or regular A/C? Any advice please

thedemon

@KittenKong: are you serious with only 35% power consumption vs. your old A/C? Was the old A/C working "properly"? I heard about power savings of 20-30% for inverter units, but I'd certainly welcome any additional % ;-)

I can't answer for KittenKong, but a typical 10 year old 3 star unit manages only about EER=5 - the best units today are in the EER=19 range, so savings of > 70% could be possible if upgrading an old system.

EERs of 19 exist only in the wet dreams and blatant lies of marketing people! something similar applies to "EER 5" of a 10 year old unit.

sorry for being blunt wai2.gif

When I worked in a condominium, we used the formula area×800 to get the BTU needed. In your case it would suggest 36800 or larger.

Conventional AC is cheaper to refill gas, about 500 baht. Inverter cost 1500 baht.

cheesy.gif

both of our air-cons have got cracked covers that have been repaired,one has only had about 50hrs.work so we will put up with it till it goes completely.the one in the master bedroom is just leaking a small amount.the yr.both of these were manufactered 2009 the company saijo denki told us there was a cover fault with them that yr.and promised to replace the covers.all we got was B.S.

we spoke to our service fitters about the new inverters which we want to change to,fine they said,you will save on the electric.

BUT beware service fitters [most of them] are not experianced in serviceing the new inverter systems.so has anybody had theirs serviced by the fitters appointed by the manufacters,or other.