Tourist Visa Documents returned from London

Apparently cheques are no good. Has to be a Postal Order for £50 if applying by Post.

All I had was the Visa Application form rather than the notes that go with it.

Should I have have included Eticket plus Hotel Reservations as well ?? I didn't but am now wondering if that should have been included as well ??

I'm running out of time now as well unfortunately as it took 3 weeks for them to return documents in the first place

Had you bothered to read their website it would have become "apparent" before the fact.

Visa and postage fee must be paid by Postal Order made payable to: THE ROYAL THAI EMBASSY. please kindly write down the applicant 's name and passport number at the back of the postal order

CHEQUES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

Had you bothered to read their website it would have become "apparent" before the fact.

Visa and postage fee must be paid by Postal Order made payable to: THE ROYAL THAI EMBASSY. please kindly write down the applicant 's name and passport number at the back of the postal order

CHEQUES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

Unfortunately I had contacted Thai Consulate Cardiff prior to applying who informed Postal Apps could only go via London now but to download the application from their website.

I acknowledge my fault however cant help thinking that probably the most important piece of information ie no cheques could be on the relevant application form.

I may have to abort trip because impossible to get there next week (London) during opening hours.

I may have to abort trip because impossible to get there next week (London) during opening hours.

You can arrive visa exempt (see link below) and then extend for 30 days more for Bt. 1,900.

Or subsequently go get a visa in a nearby country.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754481-boarding-to-thailand-without-return-ticket/A

Are you sure you can get a 30 day extension on a visa exempt. I thought you had to have a visa to get a 30 day extension

Are you sure you can get a 30 day extension on a visa exempt. I thought you had to have a visa to get a 30 day extension

Since the 29th of August when the new rules went into effect it has been possible to get a 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry.

Since the 29th of August when the new rules went into effect it has been possible to get a 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry.

No I will need Visa. Ticket is for 56 days but wont get past check in without a visa in advance. Am travelling to get it personally now from Hull hopefully

No I will need Visa. Ticket is for 56 days but wont get past check in without a visa in advance. Am travelling to get it personally now from Hull hopefully

Check the link I've posted above about that.

Check the link I've posted above about that.

Read it but unfortunately check in agents for the Airlines haven't and wont accept it period

Read it but unfortunately check in agents for the Airlines haven't and wont accept it period

Not "period". For example one can have a fully paid ticket than then is refunded, or a train ticket out. That is accept by airlines because it is their own official regulations.

The approaches are used by thousand of people, whatever you may think.

I worked for an Airline and traveled on a Tourist visa,with a normal fare ticket.The ticket is valid for 3 months. Because the Tourist visa is only valid for 60 days,I could have taken a chance and booked a 90 day ticket. But if the check-in staff see you only have a 60 day visa, but a 90 ticket,you could be screwed. Airlines do not want to be fined for any irregularities, because of any Visa or ticket problems from the destination Country. And most tickets cannot be changed at the the departure airport. Its best practice to have a visa the same or longer than your ticket/booking. I extended my tourist visa and moved my return flight after my arrival here. You may be Ok taking a chance,but up to you. Regards

Edited by MAZ3

I worked for an Airline and traveled on a Tourist visa,with normal fare ticket.The ticket is valid for 3 months. The ticket is valid for 3 months. Because the Tourist visa is only valid for 60 days,I could have taken a chance and booked a 90 ticket. But if the check-in staff see you only have 60 visa, but a 90 ticket,you're screwed. And most tickets cannot be changed at the the departure airport. Its best practice to have a visa the same or longer than your ticket/booking. I extended my tourist visa and moved my return flight after my arrival here. You may be Ok taking a chance,but up to you. Regards

There is no requirement about onward travel when having a visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280649

Edited by paz

I worked for an Airline and traveled on a Tourist visa,with normal fare ticket.The ticket is valid for 3 months. The ticket is valid for 3 months. Because the Tourist visa is only valid for 60 days,I could have taken a chance and booked a 90 ticket. But if the check-in staff see you only have 60 visa, but a 90 ticket,you're screwed. And most tickets cannot be changed at the the departure airport. Its best practice to have a visa the same or longer than your ticket/booking. I extended my tourist visa and moved my return flight after my arrival here. You may be Ok taking a chance,but up to you. Regards

There is no requirement about onward travel when having a visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280649

Sorry that link only takes me to browse,but my point and the Airline view can be. No valid visa,NO travel.

They don't want to be fined $2,000 for an invalid entry into the destination.

I could have saved £50 on the fare,but its not worth taking a chance.

And we used to check-in,both TG and EVA.

And I'm not taking about any onward travel,just LHR-BKK

Sorry that link only takes me to browse,but my point and the Airline view can be. No valid visa,NO travel.

The link is working fine. I think you did not understood the regulations, so here they are again in summary

valid visa == no proof of onward travel is required.

no visa == proof of onward travel is required.

That is because Thailand allows tourists from many countries to enter visa exempt.

Edited by paz