Do I have a light sunburn?

ChristianPFC

When I press the skin on my lower arms or my face, there is a white spot which disappears within seconds.

My lower arms are light brown, my face is light red, my lower legs are darker brown, rest of my skin is white.

I avoid exposure to sun (stay in during daytime or walk in the shade or use an umbrella for protection from sun).

No itching or irritation of skin, but I don't remember this (white spot after poking arm or face) from Europe.

(This might help: I am German, 34 years old, normal statue, have been in Thailand for about 2 years.)

What is this?

Yes I'm serious.

And it will be good again in 1-2 days. If not it is something different.

It does not disappear, it has been like this for months.

I avoid direct sunlight, skin on my arms, legs, neck and face is visibly tanned.

What else can I do, apart from staying in, walking in the shade, using an umbrella (which I do already)? I don't like sun protection cream, but maybe that's the way to go?

Yes I'm serious.

And it will be good again in 1-2 days. If not it is something different.

It does not disappear, it has been like this for months.

I avoid direct sunlight, skin on my arms, legs, neck and face is visibly tanned.

What else can I do, apart from staying in, walking in the shade, using an umbrella (which I do already)? I don't like sun protection cream, but maybe that's the way to go?

Considering that you are a very white skin sensitive type.....Others get used to the sun very easy.

If you get sunlight every day, you get visibly tanned and the skin can take more sun without problems. Just try to get every day a little sun, early morning or evening. But daily. Very exposed parts like nose, ears should be at least initially put on protection cream. If you are longer in the sun put the protection cream on other body parts.

If you get burned reduce sun expose, if the skin can handle it, put a bit more.

Most people can handle a lot more sun after a short while. A few (like a friend who has red hair and almost milk white skin) don't get any visible tan and remain sensitive.

Unless you stay in the house you can't hide complete from the sun.