Defending all the "stingy" men out there!

Well yes tad bitter but its because ''everythings got to do with trying get $$$ from mister farang , you'd reackon they'd give it a rest now again - nice place thailand , be a much better place if all methods of trying to extract every dollar from farang ..... were canned !

any place makes me bitter mate where you are in thier country, seeing -- they all get by just fine on x amount of money !! but they want 4 x more from you?

purely because your a stranger ? its a bit rude !!-------------- in my country - that's called scam !

people come to my country the bus fare so to speak ----------is the same for all races / so to flat rents / so too car prices / so too 1000 things !

but thailands not ? go figure that !

So why do you care? Don't vacation in Thailand. Vacation in a country with no scams. That's what I'd do. I get more money than Thai people get for doing the same job so I stay but I wonder if it costs you more why you stay or vacation here?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EZZRA you are correct fool and his money soon parted) yes sadly from my time in thailand i find that 7 from 10 farangs are sad to say ))--''the fools with money etc'', to many cultures of farangs thier now 75% idiots 25% appear to make it --- and not lose the wallet!

farangs especialy the European ''beggar versions'' i christened them------------They '' try to buy people - we know it won't work !

i think the only way to be with a thai and not lose your coin - is to lay the law - cast in stone so to speak - i got a good wife but i tell you what

i said to mine 4 things you'l never get from me

house

land

money

and i will not keep the sponging family !

i want same back from you - she said fair enough -she never puts a foot wrong -( and her family never asked me 5 cents because they know they won't get it )--- but that's a rare thai !))) i think very VERY RARE )) i just say hey - books shut dear, i have zero interest in owning big assetts in thailand ( or anywhere for that matter )----------whilst ive got capitol - i got a ticket out if it turns to crud -so i can't be hurt much ))

Thats smart)))) never get taken in by the glitze and prities its all crap at days end - i not 20/ 30/ 40/ 50 iam pushing 60 i have zero interest in party crap / drink /. anything along those lines pisses me off no end same with bars and tarts!!! oh no thanks )))- i dont like playing in the sewars !--and to be 110% honest in not give you 5 cents for thai culture - or thier ways - no way not in a pink fit ! its too smothered in deciet you know - its just to crooked a sandpit to play in ---its full of snakes.!

Ah,but mine different rears it's head.Sounds like it's not even worth getting out of bed for you.

Bushwacher you echo my sentiments exactly - iam not thier to be a thai -not interested sorry , dont you hate it where they try force thai crap down your throat , just sets me right off !

you are so so right in all you say you see them as i do -but i think mate people as ourselves maybe 1 in 140 in thailand in the farangs , bars are teeming in sad stories how they all got ripped off - in essence they ripped themselves off !

My wife said me want you learn speak thai ---i said why? you speak 85% good english it took me 10 months to teach you - so we could communicate err hello !!! lol

in my place where i live in thailand, my mrs knows better than to fill my joint up with thais ( THAT NO SPEAK ENGLISH ) I NOT INTERESTED IN THIER SOCIAL SET ! - she knows it pisses me right off - they can speak english = welcome to my abode !

if not -- hey two flower pots out the front and a stool, so help yourself to them as in a place to sit !

BY THE WAY the beggars we see daily its all a business mate, come 4 oclock they change shift !! its all a business really ! only thing they dont have is a bundy card and a whistle that blows as they change shift, but iam sure they are working on it ! lol

5555,i bet you are the type of bloke who said in his own country,these foreigners have been here long enough,why wont they speak English.You missus is sick of doing all the talking for you.You have lost control of your life if you cant speak for your self or understand anything going on around you,only via your missus.Money is the only power you have,and if you had plenty you wouldn't even be here would you.

• Like 1

I know what value that I place on things and I know that it is different from the value that others place on things. I also know that to me, my opinion is way more important, honest and true, at least to me and after all that is all that counts (to me).

Buying and eating good fruit and food in general is very important and I spend good money for it. Seeing the need to daily toss money into a beggars hands because she or he does not want to work holds little value to me. Especially since they sit on the same spot each and every day except for their holiday. Paying a woman by purchasing her a pretend alcoholic drink, so that she will sit with me and play with her phone or pretend to be interested in me, holds no value. Paying somebody to buy caged birds so that I can set them free and gain merit for my next life (hihihihi), only to have the same birds presented the next day for purchase and release .... has no value to me. Cheap charlie, maybe in some peoples minds ... who I care nothing about. In my mind, which I do care about, the term would be frugal and self aware of personal values.

As I often tell them ... I am not Thai ... and I do not want to be Thai.

Just saying.

coffee1.gif

Had to laugh at the birds bit. Often been to Big Buddha and asked to pay for those caged birds and refused every time on grounds of cruelty - better than always saying no to the money.

Same with those silly lady drinks. Hell, it is often cheaper to pay a barfine and buy a proper drink.

Definitely some good points.

Be a bit more selective and find a girl who likes to save, scolds you for being wasteful and doesn't have a leeching family. Plenty of them out there.

YOU are so right. When I meet my wife, I was making big money and had been making it for years, and didn't have a thing to show for it. After we meet and married, that all changed DUE TO HER, not me. My salary was deposited into an account and she held the ATM and bank book, I was put on a budget, which i was not a happy camper being treated like a child, but she had a 3 year plan. This plan was to buy land, build a home, buy a car and truck, and pay cash for all of it, and have at least 3-4 million in the bank, all this in 3 years.

I'm very proud to say, my wife turned my life around, and we have a beautiful home, on 3rai, a Ford Focus, and a Toyota 4 door truck, and a very nice sum in the bank. She gives ma and pa 4,000 bhat a month, and nothing more., she is so TIGHT she SQUEAKS. But damn nice to her her squeak when its my money she is holding. She did loan a neighbor 50,000 bhat but she had a paper drawn up where the lady signed over the land she owned until the debt was repaid with interest, and if 3 payments in a row were missed, she would lose all claim to her land. I married a village gal with a brain, and a fantastic wife.

• Like 1

Be a bit more selective and find a girl who likes to save, scolds you for being wasteful and doesn't have a leeching family. Plenty of them out there.

YOU are so right. When I meet my wife, I was making big money and had been making it for years, and didn't have a thing to show for it. After we meet and married, that all changed DUE TO HER, not me. My salary was deposited into an account and she held the ATM and bank book, I was put on a budget, which i was not a happy camper being treated like a child, but she had a 3 year plan. This plan was to buy land, build a home, buy a car and truck, and pay cash for all of it, and have at least 3-4 million in the bank, all this in 3 years.

I'm very proud to say, my wife turned my life around, and we have a beautiful home, on 3rai, a Ford Focus, and a Toyota 4 door truck, and a very nice sum in the bank. She gives ma and pa 4,000 bhat a month, and nothing more., she is so TIGHT she SQUEAKS. But damn nice to her her squeak when its my money she is holding. She did loan a neighbor 50,000 bhat but she had a paper drawn up where the lady signed over the land she owned until the debt was repaid with interest, and if 3 payments in a row were missed, she would lose all claim to her land. I married a village gal with a brain, and a fantastic wife.

Having your wife control all your money your crazy dude.

• Like 1

I Agee with op , but I just say to the thai I work hard for my money and it is my money not yours you see thai will spend your money first and it sh?t me when a thai calls me kii niiao I can't stand it I have work for 45 hard years to get my money and I am not going to give it all to a thai all thai say it to western man

I love been called kee niaw,badge of honour to me.

Me too, as I tell them in Thai, Kam kee dee kwa kam tort, a handful of shyt is better than a handful of fart.

Or Chai krap, khon Lao son hai pom roo, yes the Issan taught people taught me well.

EZZRA you are correct fool and his money soon parted) yes sadly from my time in thailand i find that 7 from 10 farangs are sad to say ))--''the fools with money etc'', to many cultures of farangs thier now 75% idiots 25% appear to make it --- and not lose the wallet!

farangs especialy the European ''beggar versions'' i christened them------------They '' try to buy people - we know it won't work !

i think the only way to be with a thai and not lose your coin - is to lay the law - cast in stone so to speak - i got a good wife but i tell you what

house

land

money

i want same back from you - she said fair enough -she never puts a foot wrong -( and her family never asked me 5 cents because they know they won't get it )--- but that's a rare thai !))) i think very VERY RARE )) i just say hey - books shut dear, i have zero interest in owning big assetts in thailand ( or anywhere for that matter )----------whilst ive got capitol - i got a ticket out if it turns to crud -so i can't be hurt much ))

Thats smart)))) never get taken in by the glitze and prities its all crap at days end - i not 20/ 30/ 40/ 50 iam pushing 60 i have zero interest in party crap / drink /. anything along those lines pisses me off no end same with bars and tarts!!! oh no thanks )))- i dont like playing in the sewars !--and to be 110% honest in not give you 5 cents for thai culture - or thier ways - no way not in a pink fit ! its too smothered in deciet you know - its just to crooked a sandpit to play in ---its full of snakes.!

Congratulations on simply surviving in such a hideously dangerous country where absolutely everyone wants something for nothing, especially from foreigners. The cultural disdain you carry for both your chosen home and marital partner is quite exemplary.

Are you ex- special forces by any chance?

You should seriously consider contributing to the 'Why Thailand?' thread.

• Like 1

Not only in thailand, but arpund the world

Women will call ypu stingy when they feel you arent spending enough on them, or when your spending habits are more frugal then theirs!

Their expectations of how much they think they deserve depends on how attractive they are, how much their friends are getting (in terms of cash, gifts, or other spending), or how much Hollywood is telling them they should be getting in the next episode of sex and the city

• Like 1

Haha delusion at its finest

Non educated, poor girl marries rich farang, and then gets to control more money then probably her entire family will earn in a lifetime and the life and behaviour of some old rich guy,

Whilst the guy thinks he has hit the jackpot............

Man, thanks for the laugh

I thibk Steven Spielberg wants to film a documentary on your life,

Edited by hellohello123

Sensible is what I would call it. If I am called a tight arse, sticky sh*t, mean or whatever, that is better than being a fool with my money. Hard to come by and easy to lose for those not sensible enough to hang on to their money.

In the last 2 weeks I have been getting around and about a bit in my old haunts and chatting to the females in the bars I have known over the years. As always they ask where my woman is and when I tell them I do not have one the topic then turns to asking if I want them. Their prices made me laugh. One aged 47 and starting to look it offered me her services for 30K a month. Another asked for 20K a third even asked for 40K. And they were expecting free accommodation, food and to be taken out.

That sort of money is better in my pocket thanks.

Being a patient man and having some phone numbers from before, I get visits and promises of future visits and no cash involved, only travel expenses and food, drinks etc. They know I refuse to go crazy with money and knowing this has not stopped them from wanting to see me.

They can keep the ones who feel I am tight-fisted. No loss to me.

Good for you. You found a few girls who're willing to work for less.

house

land

money

I'm so glad I don't live in the same Thailand as you. My Thailand is much nicer and lots more fun.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 2

Any Thai lady that calls a Falang kii neow is a loser anyway. The smart ones find a Falang, treat him like a King, don't ask for anything in return and eventually end up with everything anyway just because they take on the role of being an honest, hard working and loving wife the way it is supposed to be and what Falang would deny them this right.

• Like 2

Culture...you are trying to move a large rock with your logic.

Your logic is infallible, no doubt, but it will not move the large rock.

Live with it...as we all must do. I think being call "stingy" is just a psychological ploy anyways.

Seems to be working.

Call me what you want...just let 'er roll off my back and laugh my way to the bank with a smile on my face?

The bright lights and hoop-a-la are all part of the fun here in Lieland.

I enjoy busting up the BIG rocks and getting on with life....enjoy the ride, boys! Woo, woo!!!?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Are there classes in Thailand on how to skin a fart

I think they've finished the course.

They turned down my Ed-Visa application for it anyway.......................sad.png

tongue.png

^ Agreed. They all need money for things and know they pay through the nose for loans from lenders, but loans within the 'family' are unlikely to ever be repaid.

Everyone's experience is different.

In my extended Thai Family network, I've never seen a Baht lent that was later 'forgiven or forgotten'.

Heck, I've even borrowed from the future FiL ... w00t.gif

I think this op has a pint to make and made it well, I have been asked many times to lend money to the " Thai family" deposit on a house for a cousin, 8000bt for a phone for unemployed son 6000 to pay drink driving, no licence fine for same son, even her golf teacher asked for a loan to run a comp, all have been refused and she has been told in no uncertain terms I do not lend money to anybody and they should go to a bank or one of the many money lenders around.

She has got the message now and knows never to ask me again.

I am not being mean or stingy I have worked for what I have since I was 13 and never claimed the dole and lost a great deal through 2 failed marriages, I brought my kids up the same way and they work for everything they want and appreciate all they have.

That's hilarious

What the hell do these idiots goes through their mind when they ask

And yet they are first to mention loss of face when they want behave like idiots

^ Agreed. They all need money for things and know they pay through the nose for loans from lenders, but loans within the 'family' are unlikely to ever be repaid.

Everyone's experience is different.

In my extended Thai Family network, I've never seen a Baht lent that was later 'forgiven or forgotten'.

Heck, I've even borrowed from the future FiL ... w00t.gif

Having seen many of your posts, you seem to have "landed with your bum in the butter" with your Thai family. Many here would think you're in a minority. Hope your good luck continues.

• Like 1