Toyota Warranty

wgdanson

All "wear" - expected life parts......light bulbs - battery - fob batteries - fobs - adjustments should/could be covered under 12/12 (dealer judgement - normal wear/tear - a clutch - brakes might/probably would not be covered unless a specific mechanical failure led to secondary material wear/failure)......after that then the warranty is very specific.....

I'd take that 2700B battery any day....upon returning from a trip & still in route home noticed the charge gauge down to about 8 volts.....cut the air and drove on in to CM and went to the only battery place I could think of at 6PM......which was good because it was getting dark and it was a "no crank" condition once I shut it down....5 of the cells were spitting water......

4500B later was the proud owner of a Yuasa? battery - 3 year warranty.....which - I believe is the most I've spent for a battery.......

The Pansonic it replaced was older than 2 years - shop said it was a 1 year battery......

Heat is not kind to batteries.....

A while ago I took some measurements of air temperature around my battery ..Tc tsped nesr battery and meter taped to windscrern wiper

Highest readings noted were when parked after a journey ..so I joined the lift the bonnet club. It will probably still fail soon ... who knows ... 2.5 years on original V-Cross battery now. It still cranks well

If you google battery life and temperature you will find that every 1 Deg C rise in temperature shortens battery life