Phuket road rage shooter ‘has been identified’

webfact

death penalty!

but the thai police should just get a confession, and then take him outside on camera, line him up and shoot him in the face!

let that be a lesson.. instead tax payers will have to pay for him in prison.

What will probably happen is they will re-enact the crime just to confirm he did what he did.

Never mind the fact that the crime is duly recorded on a video camera, for the record...the police will still re-enact the crime....like as if they all want to be movie stars and be in a movie film....lol...and their claim to fame.

Cheers

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Thai person would never do such thing! Right? Most likely it was a foreigner with one day overstay who now can be jailed and extradited to show public how much Thais care about each other...

However - good job by the police. Seems that at least some take their job seriously.

As for the old gun-slinging fart who decided to end his life at 60, because he will either die in jail or by the shooting squad: You are the lowest of scum your country has ever seen! If I would have been a bystander in a car or on a bike at that intersection, I would have taken you out the very second you got back on your bike, no matter what!

Maybe someone stole the 60 year olds motorbike. In which case, the police have identified the owner of the bike, not the killer.

The ID of the killer by his friend is pretty miraculous given the poor quality video and helmet he was wearing and his ID of the gun casings doesn't exactly constitute a scientific ballistics match.

I dare say that in this case the BIB have the right man, because it seems a simple enough case. But it's these kind of sloppy police work practices that seem very amateurish when applied to a more complicated case as is currently being carried out on Koh Tao.

Why not keep quiet until they are more sure? A simple " we are looking for this man to help with our enquiries" would do the job until such time as they have dotted I's and crossed T's.

Didn't they learn ANYTHING from the KT case?

• Like 1

I have never been to Phuket, but from all the bad news from there I've heard, I won't ever go there. Sounds like a very dangerous place to be, It seems there are more murders there then anywhere else in Thailand. With the exceptions to people falling off buildings in Pattaya. But those are suicides, Right?

I would never go to Phuket as a tourist or recommend it to anyone. I used to live there and still own a house there. When I visit, I enjoy it. But as a tourist, never.

In my own house, with my own car, going to the places locally that I know and trust, fine. But a tourist staying in an unfamiliar hotel, using hired transport to get around, visiting places I haven't been before, no way. The pitfalls for tourists are too many and too dangerous.

I'm not scaremongering, many tourists will visit and not have a problem. The scams will be low level enough to be classified as normal tourist rip offs, rather than high level scams involving physical violence, but the potential for something very nasty is higher than in many other places in Thailand. There's just an undercurrent of nastiness about a lot of the people involved in providing services to tourists.

When ever friends or family borrow our house to stay in, I always give them information on what is safe and what is not. The latter is a far longer list.

• Like 1

After looking at the video on the previous thread I noted that although the police suspect the reason for the shooting was"road rage", this hit has all the hallmarks of an "execution". The victim asked his son to get off the bike and stay away, which indicates the victim already was aware of the gravity of the situation. Now the police say they found someone who can identify the killer from the video, yet the killer has a helmet on so is unidentifiable and the way the killer got back onto his bike he certainly looks a lot younger than 60 years old!

Why do the Thai Police jump to the first conclusion and send out the information to the press without first gathering all the necessary information? They are acting like amateurs or worse, even desperate to frame someone other than the real killer, because if indeed the killer was an assasin, surely the killer would have stolen or used someone else motorbike in order NOT to be identified. This is basic detective logic which seems to have been overlooked, deliberate or otherwise.

The media are partly to blame never questioning anything the police say, although maybe they are not allowed to question them.

Why do the police think the killers motive was road rage?

How can a "friend" identify the killer looking at grainy black and white footage - the killer with his helmet on?

Do the police really think the killer looks like a 60 years old?

Have they thought the killers bike might belong to someone else, i.e. it may have been stolen?

The police make their job a lot more difficult by jumping to conclusions and giving these snippets of information to the media.

the RTP learning quick from thw Koh Tau case !!

conclude and correct if needed;

I am not sure what is more embarrassing. Some of the reports we hear about Thailand. Or some of the embarrassing farangs who sit on their computers all day writing rubbish on every thread. However, it is still nice to read the more thoughtful and educated comments from some of our members.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What a shit hole now Thailand , time to move on

What paradise do you come from /or that you are going to ,that such things do not happen ?(the random killing i am talking about ).

Wait it can't be him, it must be his Burmese gardener who borrowed the car.

Thais don't do violence, it is bad for Thailand's image and high season is coming...

The sad thing is there are twenty others, presumably like you, who still find this lame humor funny.

Don't you think it's time to give it a rest?

Thais don't do violence, it is bad for Thailand's image and high season is coming...

yeah....Not his gardener.... he received a blood infusion donation from a burmese thug, he had murderous blood in him.... does that make sense....????

No, and neither is it funny!

We are working with standard procedure.

First we must let the media and the suspect be aware that we already know who he is, but we will not catch him immediately.

As our officers will need to go through additional training and stamina training, once we are ready, we will catch him.

"Officers visited a number of motorcycle shops around the island looking for information on the number plate of the bike" - is this for real?

Aren't all the number plates of vehicles on The Land Transport Office data base?

Can't the police just search a computer data base for the owner of a vehicle, via its number plate?

Think of the expense making a phone call.

"Officers visited a number of motorcycle shops around the island looking for information on the number plate of the bike" - is this for real?

Aren't all the number plates of vehicles on The Land Transport Office data base?

Can't the police just search a computer data base for the owner of a vehicle, via its number plate?

Im sure they did but was not happy with the results so tried visiting motorcycle shops and found a lead.

but lets just slag them off regardless of what they get wrong or right.

Im sure they did but was not happy with the results so tried visiting motorcycle shops and found a lead.

but lets just slag them off regardless of what they get wrong or right.

I was questioning what resources they have available to them. It wasn't a "slag off."

Oh, the irony - being "slagged off" by a member, for supposedly "slagging off" the BiB. biggrin.png

If the bibs were this efficient on all of their work, they could actually call themselves police. As it stands, they are glorified tea collectors.

They have probably already come to the conclusion he has no money and therefore not worthy of protection.

If he had been driving a porsche during the killing, you would not be reading this story right now.

Yes what ever came of that red bull guy who killed that copper, did he ever get to a court

• Like 1

The police did a good job on this case.

You have to give credit where credit is due.

What brings you to that conclusion? A warrent has yet to be issued for the arrest of a 60 year old man and the police have already informed the media who they think the guilty man is. Informing the media of the suspect's name and giving details of the evidence they have collected before even a warrent is issued is not good procedure by any police standards anywhere in the world.

What if the man they have identified as the killer is not the killer? Would you then say they have done a bad job on this case and deserve critisism not credit.

What in the heck are you talking about.

Police identify suspects all the time in America.

And how do you know a warrant was not issued?

Its surprising how many well-intentioned TV posters accept a news article written by someone whose first language is not English as some sort of gospel.

The RTP can and do a very thorough job of law enforcement every day. Thats the reason all us wealthy farang can walk around the streets of Thailand three sheets to the wind and never get rolled.

Cheers

You all know that the guy gave himself up at the Phuket Town cop-shop, right?

Seems alot of felons turn themselves in rather than have the RTP come find them.

Must be some reason. Maybe same as in the US, it looks better if you turn yourself in?

Yeah, same as when they are caught by the BiB, the first thing they do is rat out all their mates......

• Like 1

That joke about the Burmese just never gets old.

Thanks for that great laugh.

And the part about Thais don't do violence. Classic. You put your own personal twist on there.

It makes it unique from the 10 million previous references.

Cheers

Well, sorry, but i don`t share your warped opinion that anything pertaining to the tragic murders of the young couple you are referring to between the lines could ever have a humorous side. As a matter of fact I find it all in extremely bad taste.. I never considered that anyone involved with that case, including the arrests of the Burmese men as a joke and a good laugh, plus using the case of the tragic couple as a means to Thai bash on threads that are totally irrelevant to the Kao Toh Island tragedy is sick.

Posters like you come on with the intent to spoil these threads for everyone, manipulating the themes of these threads into a Thai bashing farce. If some posters have nothing constructive to say, than why bother posting at all? GET A LIFE.

Well done the BiB for apprehending the motorbike guy so quickly.

Edited by Beetlejuice

That joke about the Burmese just never gets old.

Thanks for that great laugh.

And the part about Thais don't do violence. Classic. You put your own personal twist on there.

It makes it unique from the 10 million previous references.

Cheers

Well, sorry, but i don`t share your warped opinion that anything pertaining to the tragic murders of the young couple you are referring to between the lines could ever have a humorous side. As a matter of fact I find it all in extremely bad taste.. I never considered that anyone involved with that case, including the arrests of the Burmese men as a joke and a good laugh, plus using the case of the tragic couple as a means to Thai bash on threads that are totally irrelevant to the Kao Toh Island tragedy is sick.

Posters like you come on with the intent to spoil these threads for everyone, manipulating the themes of these threads into a Thai bashing farce. If some posters have nothing constructive to say, than why bother posting at all? GET A LIFE.

Well done the BiB for apprehending the motorbike guy so quickly.

Comprehension really isn't your strongest suit now, is it?

The reference to the Burmese is the intital outrageous police statement in the Koh Tao case that a "Thai could not be responsible" for the crime.

The police immediately targeted Burmese migrant workers and falangs, even postulating that one of David's friends murdered the pair in a "fit of homosexual rage". The statement is a dig at the BiB.

Secondly, the police did not "apprehend" the shooter. He handed himself in.

Really. Try to keep up and avoid looking like an old fool.

Edited by KarenBravo

Nice how he was identified...After seeing the CCTV footage and photos of the shooting, and after examining some of the" bullet casings" left at the scene, Mr Saeree positively identified Suwat as the shooter. Didn't know bullet casing could lead the way???

Nice how he was identified...After seeing the CCTV footage and photos of the shooting, and after examining some of the" bullet casings" left at the scene, Mr Saeree positively identified Suwat as the shooter. Didn't know bullet casing could lead the way???

Not saying this was the case but shell casings lead to the identification of shooters all the time in the US.

Its entirely possible the shell casings had the shooters fingerprints on them.

Edited by ClutchClark