Best Hotel for a weekend chilling by the pool

smokie36

I want to pop down to Pattaya with my gf for two or three nights and just spend the days lounging before venturing put for some music...food and beers in the evening so looking for the best place for this.

Budget per night no more than about 5000 Baht a night.

Thanks for all suggestions folks!

• Like 1

Thanks Jessica...I'm well aware we can check out agoda or any of the others on price etc....just looking for some personal recommendations on places with the best pools etc for using in the daytime around the price range.

Thanks though.

In the days before MFG (so we are going back 4 years) this place was just built ... Nova Platinum Hotel.

It's up the hill a bit above Walking street.

But sadly, you know me, I'm a value buyer ... I can't get near your Bt 5,000 ... facepalm.gif

Wotif Booking Agoda Booking

post-104736-0-33843300-1414791300_thumb.

Since we stayed they they have built a 2nd building and added more pools.

• Like 2

Dusit D2 Baraquda... pool on the ground floor, right beside the restaurant and bar. I dislike places where you have to climb to the top floor for a pool view of... the sky and bugger all shade! If you have a sudden hankering for some street food, towel dry and straight through the D2 lobby onto Second road and Soi Paisanee. Optionally, step out the back and a short walk to Buakhao. Good music choices in-house too most weekends. Their Deluxe room with breakfast is squeaking in at around 4984 baht (less taxes) through agoda right now. I only mention it since their breakfast is by far one of the best ones I have had anywhere in LOS. If you skip the brekky, then it's well within your budget.

If you want to blow the budget, consider a ground floor suite at Woodlands Suites Serviced Residences down Naklua Soi 2. There you have the luxury of a really well designed suite with your own deck right on the pool. Very quiet location with good in-house dining or you can slip through the gate and explore the facilities at the lower-budget Woodlands Resort. From Dolphin roundabout, you can get a taxi down Beach Road or alternatively, stroll up Naklua way and see what the Germans and Koreans get all excited about.

• Like 1

Under your budget and doesn`t match up to the other places but will mention Lek Villa naklua, about a 2 minute stroll to the Dolphin roundabout so a decent location.

The website doesn`t show prices and on line booking seems to have a problem so any enquiries need to be via email.

Rooms range from approx 1500 baht up to 3000 +, I asked for room rates a while back for someone else.

Nice pool.

http://www.lekvilla.com/index.html

• Like 1

Cape Dara, on the shore in Naklua, has a weekend special -9,900 for two nights (Friday/Saturday). Great new hotel with magnificent views over the bay. Pool with a swim-up bar. The BBQ/Seafood buffet on Saturday night is well worth it. Shuttle to Beach road if you want to go out.

• Like 2

In the days before MFG (so we are going back 4 years) this place was just built ... Nova Platinum Hotel.

It's up the hill a bit above Walking street.

But sadly, you know me, I'm a value buyer ... I can't get near your Bt 5,000 ... facepalm.gif

Wotif Booking Agoda Booking

attachicon.gifThailand April-May 2010 031 LR.jpg

Since we stayed they they have built a 2nd building and added more pools.

me and mrs eeeya used to do weekend trips to nova platinum when it was freshly built. Was really good. sadly it must have taken on a contract with a particular country tour group and this changed the dynamic for us.

Not sure if still the same these days.

Were at a loss for a nice hotel in pattaya which gives good value (between 5 - 7k per night)

I like the Thai Garden Resort on Pattaya Nua. large pool, and gardens, rooms are large

I like the location too, easy to access if you come from the Naklua Rd, and then to exiit, head down north Rd to Sukhumvit, right for the motorway, left for rt 3 towards Sri Racha. You can actually park in there!!! Not too far a stroll to Beach Rd.

Edited by jacko45k

Believe it or not.

But even the Royal Cliff Hotel offers a "Grand Sea View with breakfast" for 5013 Baht.

So many options for 5000 Baht.

I usually look for 1000 Baht / 1500 Baht whistling.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1