Passport blank pages

quick question

for some reason when I got my extension of stay and single none O for conversion immigration left two full blank pages on the previous page - can they be used up the next time or is there a need for pages in passport to run in sequence - just hate the fact that I may have lost two full blank pages - maybe they can be used for re-entry permits or something

I'm American and we can have extra pages added to an existing passport, which I did in the past, There were many blank pages in the middle of the passport as that is where they added the extra pages.

Have had immigration stamps placed in no obvious order throughout the many passports I have had over the years. Mainly as a result of the immigration officers in the Arab world. Never been a problem with having unused pages as a result. They get filled eventually.

Main problem is when the exiting officer tries to locate the stamp placed by the entry officer. Then more fun when the security guy, at the departure gate, attempts to locate the same stamps before he allows you to make your way to the plane. I usually have the page open so that he can see the appropriate stamp. Many passengers don't....!!

I also have them skip pages. Just ridiculous but they do it. Is ther ever an occasion where there are a couple of blank pages throughout but they think it's full?

That brings up another question. Can there by two stamps from one trip and two stamps on another trip, for example, on the same Visa page or is a Visa page only for one trip?

Edited by burkmere

Just don't go rippen pages out of your passport - the Australian interpretation is that the passport in a government document or somesuch,

and the 'holder' acts on behalf of the govt., damaging government property is a big no-no. AA

• Like 1

My U.S. passport expires in March 2015 and my retirement extension expires in February. I'm trying to determine if I can get one more year out of my passport.

When I look at the empty space I see one full page that says "visas" at the top and another that just has a stamp taking up one quarter of the page. That would seem to be enough space for the retirement extension (a half page stamp) and re-entry permit (a full-page stamp)

Could I ask CM Immigration to put the re-entry permit on one of the other blank pages that says "amendments and endorsements"? After all, a re-entry permit isn't a visa. That would leave that one blank visa page free in case I want to make a trip someplace during the next year. If so, I should have asked them to do that before. There are several pages that say, "amendments and endorsements". I carry my passport with me all the time and hate carrying that superthick U.S. pasport.

Incidentally, I don't travel much. Haven't seen all of Thailand.

An extension of stay is not given beyond the date the passport expires, in essence till March 2015. You would only get till March and in March you would have to apply for a whole new extension of stay at 1,900 baht and required paperwork.

Apply for a new passport.

Pages not reserved for visas cannot be used to put a visa or re-entry permit there.

An extension of stay is not given beyond the date the passport expires, in essence till March 2015. You would only get till March and in March you would have to apply for a whole new extension of stay at 1,900 baht and required paperwork.

Apply for a new passport.

Pages not reserved for visas cannot be used to put a visa or re-entry permit there.

Oops, I should have said that my passport expires in March 2016!

That's the whole point -- my extension of stay expires in Feb, so when I apply in Feb 2015 would expire Feb 2016 -- just ahead of the passport. I thought I could eek another year out of this passport.

So, back to the question -- will they stamp a re-entry permit onto a page that says "endorsements" and not a page that says "visas"