I want to clear my long term overstay out

Hamburg. To answer ypur question as I myself have recently cleared a 2 year overstay. I went with the company Thai Visa services that ypu mentioned. We went to laos many of us were on overstay. One guy was even on 10 years overstay. We simply went to the overstay office paid the 20000b fine. Went to the Thai consulate,applied for our double entry tourist visa. From there we went to a half decent hotel with meals supplied

Next day went bck to the border. TVS goes to the consulate and picks up tue passports and gives them to you at the border. No problems whatsoever. I highly recommend using their service. We left on a Wednesday at 7pm and arrived back on the friday at around midnight. The hardest part of the trip is the 8 or 9 hour drive. Just make sure you are there early enough so you can attempt to get a good seat on the bus. DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO IMMIGRATION AS THEY WILL ARREST YOU.

So what if I would go to Cambodia via this Visa run company?

Are they reliable?

Again, I do not recommend to go get a visa in Cambodia.

Okay, I got it.

Then I think I would go to Laos, Savannaketh. On my own maybe. Could you give me an advice how to go there? Currently I am living in Kamphaeng Phet.

Don't go Mukdahan border crossing. You should go to Nongkai.

If you are intending to leave the country and sort out your overstay problems, why not leave the country at Laos and travel to the Consulate/embassy in either savannakhet or Vientiane and apply there for a non B visa

You will need the school to provide you with all the required paperwork together with your degree and transcript, you will be given a 3 month visa then you can go to your local immigration and apply for a years extension

during you 3 month visa you school can apply for your work permit etc ready for you to apply for the extension

Before the trolls come out from under the bridge telling me you can not work till you have the work permit in hand yes in an ideal world that is true but TIT and the bureaucracy in this country is far from perfect.

He has to leave the country first. See the OP's post #11

I just forgot to mention, that I have a new, blank passport, because my last one was stolen. I suppose that I have to get the old Visa stamps copied, right?

Can I do this as well at the office that you mentioned? Or will there be any problem?

I think so.

I am back in Thailand now with a valid visa. In conclusion everything went very well.

On Sunday I took a local bus from Kamphaeng Phet to Phitsanulok. In Phitsanoluk then I booked a trip with a long distance bus to Mukdahan.

In Mukdahan I went directly to the immigration office next to the border control counters in order to pay my fine. But the officers there send me to the main immigration office at the border, cause the Visa stamps from my old passport were still missing. This office is located next to the detention center not very far from the immigration office where you can pay the overstay fine.

There I had a conversation with the senior officer. So I explained her my case and handed over my passport, the police report and some documents that my embassy gave me. She was asking me some questions, like why did I overstay for such a long time, where I am currently staying and what I want to do next. She was also calling to another person (maybe to her direct principal) to discuss my case. To be honest she was really not amused and she told me as well that she has to blacklist me according to the law. After also had to sign a paper about the understanding of the new law.

After that she send me back to the another Immigration building to pay the fine. At this moment I was quite unsure if they will ban me or not.

After I paid the 20k THB and took pictures the officer there clarify, that I will not get a blacklist. Like some users here already mentioned, the law is approved, but the immigration dont execute it. Moreover she told me, that till now, nobody ever got a blacklist. At least not for overstaying. Next I received the leaving stamp into my passport and crossed the border.

Actually my plan after that was to go to the consulate to apply for a tourist visa, but due to an urgent and unscheduled private case I had to hurry up to return to Kamphaeng Phet. So I decided to just try to apply for a tourist visa on arrival. This was no problem, I return to the Thai border and they just took the mandatory pictures and give me the VOA for 30 days (I am German).

And finally tomorrow I will have a meeting with the principal of the school to receive the required documents for the NON B visa. But I dont know yet if I have to go to a border again to apply for it, or if a VOA tourist visa can be converted inside the country too.

• Like 1

Actually my plan after that was to go to the consulate to apply for a tourist visa, but due to an urgent and unscheduled private case I had to hurry up to return to Kamphaeng Phet. So I decided to just try to apply for a tourist visa on arrival. This was no problem, I return to the Thai border and they just took the mandatory pictures and give me the VOA for 30 days (I am German).

And finally tomorrow I will have a meeting with the principal of the school to receive the required documents for the NON B visa. But I dont know yet if I have to go to a border again to apply for it, or if a VOA tourist visa can be converted inside the country too.

You did not get a VOA you got a visa exempt entry.

In order to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa you would need a letter of approval for a work permit application.

Since immigration has now established regional offices for conversions based upon working you would need to go to the Chiang Saen immigration office in Chiang Rai to do it. See:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772236-new-locations-for-obtaining-non-immigrant-visas-based-upon-working-and-etc/

To do a conversion you would need to have 15 daya remaining on your entry to apply. But you could apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry and then do it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You did not get a VOA you got a visa exempt entry.

In order to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa you would need a letter of approval for a work permit application.

Since immigration has now established regional offices for conversions based upon working you would need to go to the Chiang Saen immigration office in Chiang Rai to do it. See:http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772236-new-locations-for-obtaining-non-immigrant-visas-based-upon-working-and-etc/

To do a conversion you would need to have 15 daya remaining on your entry to apply. But you could apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry and then do it.

In the meanwhile I already signed the contract with the school. Actually my plan was to apply for the NON B visa next monday, but unfortunately they need one or two more weeks to get the paperwork ready. My visa exept entry will run out on 2nd December, too.

So could I go to an immigration office to apply for a 30 days extension, like you told me? The school officer was calling to the immigration bureau in Nakhon Sawan, and they told him, that I have to apply for the visa extension at an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand, Savannaketh for example. That makes me feel quite confused..

I attached a picture of the stamps in my passport.

post-225222-0-18596100-1417085567_thumb.

Thanks for the advice, Ubonjoe.

Finally I will go to immigration in BKK, cause I have to go there for another case anyway.

Can I apply for the extension at the following address?:

Immigration Division 1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex, Chaengwattana Rd (soi 7), Laksi, Bangkok.

EDIT: Do I have to bring any documents for the extension, apart from my passport and photographs?

Edited by HamburgToBKK

You can do it at Chaeng Wattana but you will need a Bangkok address to put on the application form.

Nothing more than the TM7 form and copies of your passport photo page, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card is needed.