retirement visa

Assuming you are talking about your intention to apply for an annual extension based on retirement at your local immigration in office, you can definitely apply as early as 30 days before the current permission to stay, but at SOME offices, as early as 45 days. You do not lose any time on your new annual extension by applying early, it is actually recommended to do so, as the new annual extension begins after the current permission to stay expires, not your application date.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Assuming you are talking about your intention to apply for an annual extension based on retirement at your local immigration in office, you can definitely apply as early as 30 days before the current permission to stay, but at SOME offices, as early as 45 days. You do not lose any time on your new annual extension by applying early, it is actually recommended to do so, as the new annual extension begins after the current permission to stay expires, not your application date.

thanks for that info.....I will do it tomorrow.

It amazes me the foreigners that live in Thailand and still have to ask the mods or others the rules that apply to them.

From Ed visa to NOn Bs to visas for retirement, rarely have I had to ask a particular question. Read Read Read...5 years and I learn everyday.

It amazes me the foreigners that live in Thailand and still have to ask the mods or others the rules that apply to them.

From Ed visa to NOn Bs to visas for retirement, rarely have I had to ask a particular question. Read Read Read...5 years and I learn everyday.

Let's be kind. The OP has less than 200 posts. This could be his first retirement visa extension. Surely there was a first time for you, too?

Let's be kind. The OP has less than 200 posts. This could be his first retirement visa extension. Surely there was a first time for you, too?

There was and there will probably be more. But since the Coup I see that the number of visa and related questions has upped 10 x. May I suggest that they become members of TVF as I did before I came back to Thailand after being absent 40 years.

"It amazes me the foreigners that live in Thailand and still have to ask the mods or others the rules that apply to them."

And how many have been here for years doing annual extensions of stay, but think they are extending a visa ... and some who then blithely exit the country only to return and discover their extension of stay went up in smoke because it wasn't a visa and they hadn't bothered to get a re-entry permit.

A visa is not extended and an extension of stay is not a visa... ever. It's not petty semantics. The visa expires on the date printed on the visa sticker. An extension of stay allows you to stay IN the country, but it doesn't act like a visa for border crossings. Important difference.

Maybe the OP will Read Read Read all he needs to know here on TVF.... you think ?

Maybe today your learning experience will be "empathy"

Cheers..... Mal.

maybe reading first is the best way to find your answer, but the painful way is to jump in and make a mistake, then have to come on here and ask afterwards how to correct the mistake that was made ie. leave without a re-entry permit, asking may be a little lazy, but links to the correct thread could be posted as a reply