New York Cafe coming to Nimmanhaemin

JulieM

This is going to open in the space formerly occupied by Jeffers on Nimmanhaemin. It's across the street from the Siam Commercial Bank.

If this was being done by the Duke's Dave, I'd have great confidence that this was going to be a quality dining experience.

Anyone know anything about this place? I don't know when it will open, renovations are on-going.

Without a car park it will never really take off, not long term anyway. Nimmenhemin is a right off in that dept. Even the old faithful "Green Door" has suffered of late with less car spaces available.

The Dukes have all been built with car parking spaces in mind (except night bazaar with its tourist traffic).

Edited by DaamNaam
  • Like 1

Without a car park it will never really take off, not long term anyway. Nimmenhemin is a right off in that dept. Even the old faithful "Green Door" has suffered of late with less car spaces available.

The Dukes have all been built with car parking spaces in mind (except night bazaar with its tourist traffic).

The Dukes at the night bazaar next door to McD"s does have off street parking it is directly in back and it is free for dinning at McD's and McDukes.

• Like 2

Nimmen restaurants can work without much parking. Ample successes prove that. Smoothie Blues and Ming Muang (spelling?) are just a few.

Tourists are all over Nimmen these days, and with the big hotel at Think Park opening soon, it's just going to get more dynamic.

• Like 1

The Dukes at the night bazaar next door to McD"s does have off street parking it is directly in back and it is free for dinning at McD's and McDukes.

I know that. But the majority of customers are walk inns. Those with cars tend to go to the Dukes river side or Promenada.

Yes look at warm up

Parking for 3 Merc coupes.

Another Nimmen non parking venture that went tits up.......NOT.

No where on Nimmen has parking other than running the Denver boot gauntlet.

Go take another look and maybe revise your opinion.

Parking does not spell success or failure of a business.

Yes look at warm up

Parking for 3 Merc coupes.

Another Nimmen non parking venture that went tits up.......NOT.

No where on Nimmen has parking other than running the Denver boot gauntlet.

Go take another look and maybe revise your opinion.

Parking does not spell success or failure of a business.

Warm up is a nightclub, folks shouldn't be drinking a driving there anyhow. I'm just saying to have a restaurant or cafe a car park is handy, especially somewhere like Nimmen where there are hardly any spaces.

My opinion remains.

I'm the OP. It turns out this new place is simply Jeffer re-branded. I walked in today and they handed me a Jeffer menu.

The only thing NY about Jeffer is you feel like you're being robbed.

I paid 119 baht for a coca-cola and and inferior but very edible hamburger. Fries were good!

I'm the OP. It turns out this new place is simply Jeffer re-branded. I walked in today and they handed me a Jeffer menu.

The only thing NY about Jeffer is you feel like you're being robbed.

I paid 119 baht for a coca-cola and and inferior but very edible hamburger. Fries were good!

Just like being robbed see.. got that NY / Bronx / Brooklyn thing going. lol