'Rasta' Street Vendor caught selling drugs on Pattaya Beach

webfact

"Rasta" Street Vendor caught selling drugs on Pattaya Beach

rasta-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Monday, a 41 year old street vendor was caught selling Marijuana during a Pattaya Police Undercover operation on Pattaya Beach.

The vendor, Khun Apirom, who sells Rastafari accessories, was approached by an undercover foreign operative who was armed with marked bank notes. He is reported to have purchased a bag of Marijuana, a class 5 drug in Thailand, for 500 Baht from the vendor on Pattaya Beach between Soi’s 9 and 10.

As soon as the transaction was completed, Thai Police Officers moved in and arrested the man and found a total of 4 packets of Marijuana containing a total of 11.8g of the drug.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/153055/rasta-street-vendor-caught-selling-drugs-on-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-03

Despite what seems to be the majority opinion, someone selling drugs and breaking the law has been caught. Good.

But resources...... it is difficult to walk all the way down Beach Rd without being offered something illegal.... I certainly don't believe I look the part.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Despite what seems to be the majority opinion, someone selling drugs and breaking the law has been caught. Good.

But resources...... it is difficult to walk all the way down Beach Rd without being offered something illegal.... I certainly don't believe I look the part.

Maybe you do? Or perhaps the ida in your head of what a drug buyer appears like is not quite the reality. Though, it is more likely a case of appearing to the seller as potential customer just cause you are farang or a walkings ATM, maybe they are regular buyers, not sure how they perceive you but you fit their market.

4 packs weighed 11 grams? And they count the bag weight as well.

So 500 baht for 2.5 grams. Quite a mark up, 500 gets you 25g in the sticks.

Just read the thread about the facebook marijuana sellers, where they sold 100 grams for 1300 baht, so this guy was working on quite the mark up if he was buying off facebook.

"undercover foreign operative" helping to bust a harmless local vendor, that is pretty low on the human scum index.

Undercover foreign operative helping to bust an illegal local drug pusher and anyone who condones illegal actions of any kind is even lower on the human scum k

Edited by Dannyboy666

"undercover foreign operative" helping to bust a harmless local vendor, that is pretty low on the human scum index.

Undercover foreign operative helping to bust an illegal local drug pusher and anyone who condones illegal actions of any kind is even lower on the human scum index.

In some countries it is illegal to be gay; are you saying that gay people are scum?

It seems I am scum for having committed an opiinion crime in the eyes of Svizz Gizz?

• Like 1

Undercover foreign operative helping to bust an illegal local drug pusher and anyone who condones illegal actions of any kind is even lower on the human scum index.

In some countries it is illegal to be gay; are you saying that gay people are scum?

Not to mention prostitution is illegal here too. Wow some weed has been caught.. wow impressed. Many countries are making weed legal now seeing its far less damaging as alcohol.

• Like 1

" undercover foreign operative"

Does the operative have a work permit to work undercover (as I doubt the person is operating under diplomatic cover). Law enforcement should not break the laws to enforce the laws. Also I wonder if the operative has violated laws in some other less obvious ways as well such as defiling currency ("marked" bank notes) and solicitation to buy drugs (ask the vendor to sell drugs). I suspect none of the concerns will bother police as their usual priorty seems to elicit a confession, thereby avoiding all that legal defendent rights hassles.

^^ My understanding is that anyone of any nationality (with legal status to be here) can be asked by any officially appointed person (e.g. a policeman) to assist in a matter that needs such assistance and in some cases it is against one law or another to refuse to assist. That is not considered employment. The methods employed such as marked notes are not necessarily defacing or defiling if done to assist in a criminal case and obviously any marking is discrete to begin with - and entrapment via soliciting anything is standard almost everywhere if a true crime is proven.

Next stop is the guy who sits on the steps of 7-11 across from the Peppermint a-go-go on Walking Street peddling his "rasta" wares. He has been using this as his front for selling drugs for years. I turned down his offer for drugs in 2008 and to this day he snubs me each time I try to get past his lazy arse sitting on the step of the 7-11 and blocking the entrance.

Why is weed illegal?

Ban pine trees & mango trees and rice and wheat.

God invented weed. Man made it illegal.

Who do you trust? God or man?

Kinda stupid to be a "Rasta-Dude" slinging weed across the street from the police station though.

I used to partake quite often, but can take it or leave it..... Need to call my 18 year old nephew & see what he has laying around. This article make me want a puff or two.

Kinda stupid to be a "Rasta-Dude" slinging weed across the street from the police station though.

Perhaps he thought ... they won't think I would be so stupid ... too obvious ... would be the last person to suspect ... reverse psychology, innit?

Edited by Jingthing

Is this new to anyone here ? I have live in Pataya 15 years before when there wasn't any Rusian tourists.

Rusian actually introduced heroin to Pataya beach. It was them distributing heroin in Thai market in Pataya sold by Thais and backed by police. I walked many times and Thai drug dealers were selling them in a small pack of plastics and each and every time cops were riding their bike and the dealers were talking the cops away. I saw it hundreds of times.

So Pataya is a Russians haven.

Blame it in Police and not Russians.