Pattaya Police Help Drunken American Man

Rimmer

Denying customers another beer when they're already stoned drunk out of their heads might be a good idea, but not so easy to practice.

Apart from making less money, drunken customers tend to get mad when they're refused anther drink, and this might hurt other customers.

Any experienced Barkeeper in this Forum?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to say what what i have seen it seems to be the majority. and yes its not about race. its about alcoholism with foreigners.

Do you know by now what it feels to be stigmatized?

It's not about the race, it's about the behaviour - hopefully, only the behaviour of a minority.

they will just stagger over to a 7-11 to get more. if their lucky they might get hit by a heavy moving object to put them out of their misery or before they kill some innocent soul with their car or motorbike.

Denying customers another beer when they're already stoned drunk out of their heads might be a good idea, but not so easy to practice.
Apart from making less money, drunken customers tend to get mad when they're refused anther drink, and this might hurt other customers.

they will just stagger over to a 7-11 to get more. if their lucky they might get hit by a heavy moving object to put them out of their misery or before they kill some innocent soul with their car or motorbike.

You need to lighten up a bit me thinks :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Will the Salvation Army please understand Pattaya is a holiday town. People come to Pattaya to let off steam. As others have said in most of your Countries he would have been banged up and fined.

However he was helped on his way by the cops and wasn't jailed. He was not doing anything illegal according to Thai Law I believe.

Great pic though. One for the family album.

• Like 1

It just shows Thailand is full of drunken idiots.

Will the Salvation Army please understand Pattaya is a holiday town. People come to Pattaya to let off steam. As others have said in most of your Countries he would have been banged up and fined.

However he was helped on his way by the cops and wasn't jailed. He was not doing anything illegal according to Thai Law I believe.

i could not agree more! thank you for not being afraid to speak the TRUTH! Have never seen so much disrespect for the Thais and their culture. So much white trash here both male and female. Wish the Thai government would make it more difficult fot the trash that enters here. They give us all a bad name. Some very creepy foreigners here.

Dear hidden Thai-bashers from Farangistan:

Please remember that in your home countries you have to pay taxes for using your infrastructure, and you'll be fined for misusing it.

Here you expect the locals to care for White Trash and all their littering, and if they charge you then you call it corruption.

Why don't you regard yourself as ambassadors of your countries and show some respect for theThai locals?

"White trash"? What a racist. Get lost.

Certainly a good amount of white trash here.

Saw a white guy at the 7-11 in front of me buying another large Chang. Male about 60 and un washed and unshaven. No one could stand within 2 meters of him. I was going to grab a bar of soap and give it to him but I didn't want to lose my place in line. (There were two taxi drivers behind me who drink beers and wait for fares there daily.)

Strange but I have never seen a Thai this unwashed except for a couple of the homeless that sleep on the bank steps next to Chuvit Park.

And don't even get me started on the backpackers with their crazy dreadlocks and body odor. How is it that a even the poorest Thai have clean clothes without holes while all these wealthy backpackers are such slobs?

As for the particular fellow in the OP, it is apparent he is a serious alcoholic which is recognized as a medical condition in the US. I would say his illness is currently winning. I have yet to see an active alcoholic do well by moving to Thailand.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 2

It just shows Thailand is full of drunken idiots.

Well at least everyone knows where they are. Idiocy and drunkenness is not going away anytime soon.

ClutchClark: I want to thank you once again for speaking the truth about the numerous drunks and slobs that continue to flood into Thailand . Barely a day goes by where i do not encounter these pigs.They really gross me out and they show totally disrespect towards the Thais and i can understand why the Thais have come to hate us so much. The foreign women are not much better than the men and many as old as fifty up dress like street hookers. The hippie wannabes as i call them are a joke and nothing like their brothers and sisters from the 60's and 70's. If you were to make such comments on other travel webs sites you would be harassed non stop. My hunch is the posters that disagree with you and i are likely the pigs we are talking about. Well boys and girls the truth really sucks and the Thais laugh and talk about you as your passing by. Trust me i have heard and understand clearly what they are saying as for example an alcoholic i just witnessed the other day slobbering all over himself and his bar girl. As far as the alcoholics moving here with their half melted brains they don,t tend to last more than a few years after their (bar girl) girlfriend cleans out their bank account and end up on the streets. I wish the Thai government would take serious steps in ending this plague of undesirables . Remember we are all GUESTS here but i guess that does not seem to register in the brains of many. Really sad examples of humanity.

ClutchClark: I want to thank you once again for speaking the truth about the numerous drunks and slobs that continue to flood into Thailand . Barely a day goes by where i do not encounter these pigs.They really gross me out and they show totally disrespect towards the Thais and i can understand why the Thais have come to hate us so much. The foreign women are not much better than the men and many as old as fifty up dress like street hookers. The hippie wannabes as i call them are a joke and nothing like their brothers and sisters from the 60's and 70's. If you were to make such comments on other travel webs sites you would be harassed non stop. My hunch is the posters that disagree with you and i are likely the pigs we are talking about. Well boys and girls the truth really sucks and the Thais laugh and talk about you as your passing by. Trust me i have heard and understand clearly what they are saying as for example an alcoholic i just witnessed the other day slobbering all over himself and his bar girl. As far as the alcoholics moving here with their half melted brains they don,t tend to last more than a few years after their (bar girl) girlfriend cleans out their bank account and end up on the streets. I wish the Thai government would take serious steps in ending this plague of undesirables . Remember we are all GUESTS here but i guess that does not seem to register in the brains of many. Really sad examples of humanity.

Still milking this non-story I see. Well, everyone needs a hobby... Enjoy. You might find more to do if you covered alcohol and drug-addled thai hijinks though. Oh wait a minute; thais don't drink much, do they? OK. Press on with the anti-farang crusade. (Talk about "sad"! I know which undesireables I'd be looking to have Thailand expel...)

Still milking this non-story I see. Well, everyone needs a hobby... Enjoy. You might find more to do if you covered alcohol and drug-addled thai hijinks though. Oh wait a minute; thais don't drink much, do they? OK. Press on with the anti-farang crusade. (Talk about "sad"! I know which undesireables I'd be looking to have Thailand expel...)

Hawk,

I have never understood JJ's posts to be anti-farang. I have read them as being about responsibility. I don't see anything responsible or positive about this American's behavior and I am quite sure Thais who look at that behavior are not impressed by his behavior either. Well, atleast the Thais that are a part of my world here--responsible, hard-working and family oriented.

Cheers

Hawk,

I have never understood JJ's posts to be anti-farang. I have read them as being about responsibility. I don't see anything responsible or positive about this American's behavior and I am quite sure Thais who look at that behavior are not impressed by his behavior either. Well, atleast the Thais that are a part of my world here--responsible, hard-working and family oriented.

Cheers

How nice for you. However, one curb-ridden drunk is no more typical of all western tourists than a drunk thai is ncessarily typical of all thais. The "let's get rid of westerners in Thailand and Thailand's problems will disappear" rant is just ludicrous. It was just one drunk - and peacefully so - farang. Nothing more; nothing less.

Hawk,

Cheers

How nice for you. However, one curb-ridden drunk is no more typical of all western tourists than a drunk thai is ncessarily typical of all thais. The "let's get rid of westerners in Thailand and Thailand's problems will disappear" rant is just ludicrous. It was just one drunk - and peacefully so - farang. Nothing more; nothing less.

Somebody woke up cranky ;-)

I only suggest your perception of this incident might very likely be different from a Thai.

Did i hurt your feelings ? Did i hit a nerve ? Yes i understand some Thais drink. This article is about a drunk foreigner. Does he remind you of yourself and or your friends ? In case you happened to forget, WE that means you and me are guests here and should respect the Thais, their laws and their customs. If you unable to handle that you might think about leaving. Do you understand that many Thais see us as trouble ? Many Thais who can care less about our money and there are millions believe it or not are getting really tired of our disrespect towards them. Many of the foreigners perhaps even you since you seem to agree with this form of behavior dress like pigs , don,t shower, walk around half naked down main street with beer in hand bar girl in tow and look like idiots. In most other countries you would be tossed in jail, fined, and if it was not your homeland likely deported. Just because YOU think you can get away with it here does not mean it is excepted. I want you to put your beer down for a moment and really think about what i said. YOU ARE A GUEST HERE. THIS IS NOT YOUR COUNTRY !