Disgusted by multinational group attitude

SOMeTOM

How do they get in? Aren't things like that sealed in plastic?

I've read that they're in the flour that's used to make the pasta.. In Europe, these items have a rapid turnover, so the stuff is sold before the eggs hatch. On the other hand, I've seen holes in the pasta bags that I assumed were made by exiting beetles. Maybe they can do the reverse too. At any rate, if you don't want to see these creatures emerge, put the pasta in the freezer for at least 4 days. That should kill the eggs.

Also, no brand is immune to this problem. Of course, if the pasta is poorly packed, then the beetles can easily get in.

Edited by quidnunc

• 3 weeks later...

You should have bought that pack, go home take a picture and upload it on their Facebook or send an email to their customer service. Cha ching, they will be sending you free packs of pasta and gift cards. That has been the case with Thais won't got rotten frozen food and such when they posted on Thai web forums.

Bad publicity is the only way to get them to change to be honest.

I've read that they're in the flour that's used to make the pasta.. In Europe, these items have a rapid turnover, so the stuff is sold before the eggs hatch. On the other hand, I've seen holes in the pasta bags that I assumed were made by exiting beetles. Maybe they can do the reverse too. At any rate, if you don't want to see these creatures emerge, put the pasta in the freezer for at least 4 days. That should kill the eggs.

Also, no brand is immune to this problem. Of course, if the pasta is poorly packed, then the beetles can easily get in.

I have found beetles in rice before as well, its not common but not uncommon as well.

You should have bought that pack, go home take a picture and upload it on their Facebook or send an email to their customer service. Cha ching, they will be sending you free packs of pasta and gift cards. That has been the case with Thais won't got rotten frozen food and such when they posted on Thai web forums.

Well, maybe that's how it works in "farangland", and from the news i am getting, that's changing to become more like here......in "mongoloidland", even if you say something that's without any doubts, solely the truth, they can sue you and even send you to prison because you make them "loose face", your good intentions are not even taken into consideration, is the face that really matter.....

Lately i am getting small ants going into the sealed sugar's bags, i always check the packages before purchase and there are no visible holes....maybe they are able to perforate the plastic?...plenty of weird living things in these lands....

I fixed this late small annoyance by keeping the sugar into the fridge.

Edited by SOMeTOM

Well, maybe that's how it works in "farangland", and from the news i am getting, that's changing to become more like here......in "mongoloidland", even if you say something that's without any doubts, solely the truth, they can sue you and even send you to prison because you make them "loose face", your good intentions are not even taken into consideration, is the face that really matter.....

malls and supermarkets are actually pretty good at handling customer complaints in Thailand nowadays. I got a pot set at Central which was on discount, open the box and noticed a soup spoon was broken, there were no more pot sets left and I ask her if she could get me another spoon from the rack, she contacted a manager who came down and pick out a new soup spoon from the rack and gave it to me, he didn't even pick the cheapest of the bunch as well. I was impress with Centrals customer service to say the least. I was actually expecting the sales staff to say "no have" you take it or leave it.

There were many cases with Tesco Lotus selling expired or bad products being posted on Pantip forum online, Tesco customer service reached out to everyone giving an apology and sent out gift cards. So all hope is not lost.

Given that they need more work at training store managers to handle these issues instead of handling it when the shit hit the fan online. They won't sue unless you deliberately call the press and make a scene out of it.

Still a lot of training needed for these folks.

I dont get the massive problem. Dont buy it, buy another brand, or exchange it.

This should have been fumigated in Italy. Shows how long its been in storage though. How is this stuff treated in Europe? Freezing? Gas?

Once they have chewed into your rice/pasta they lay eggs and seal the hole back up again with a sticky saliva substance.

I am not 100% sure on this but fumigating would have no effect on the eggs and they will hatch when ready, eating through the saliva as a 1st food source.

Very common in Thai rice.

I used to fumigate stuff. Normally the eggs will get killed too. I read about the fact that often the packaging for this stuff isn't 100% airtight to prevent mould or condensation.

The bugs can get in through these small holes.so the infestation may be from Thailand.

Lately i am getting small ants going into the sealed sugar's bags, i always check the packages before purchase and there are no visible holes....maybe they are able to perforate the plastic?...plenty of weird living things in these lands....

I fixed this late small annoyance by keeping the sugar into the fridge.

Not all packaging is absolutely sealed.

store managers to handle these issues instead of handling it when the shit hit the fan online.

Yes the store managers have always been called to authorize exchange/refunds of bad items, they will send one of their attendants to take a replacement once the fault has been confirmed and at the same time putting the faulty item back on the shelves, ready for the next unfortunate customer, which hopefully wouldn't notice it or complain, and they couldn't care less if you are watching them while they are doing this, for them, YOU are the problem, not their actions/faulty items.......and these are the leading companies that should set the standards and give an example, just think of what the smaller ones might be capable of....