What would you suggest for a single guy in his 50's

David48

A new member to the forum has asked ...

What would you suggest for a single guy in his 50's, good shape and ok financially who wanted to find a good wife for a long term relationship...how would you start that search?

I'm out of the loop now for a long time.

Any suggestions for the member who is in his 50's, good shape and ok financially who wants to find a good wife for a long term relationship ?

Any rules?

Keep the suggestions civil please ... wai.gif

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A long time expat who's a member here told me "You don't find them. They find you."

While my personal preference is to stay forever single, if I were looking I'd find reasons to meet as many gals as I could who work in banks, as nurses, teachers, etc.

2-1.jpg

I have seen some bad things from teachers

• Like 1

A long time expat who's a member here told me "You don't find them. They find you."

While my personal preference is to stay forever single, if I were looking I'd find reasons to meet as many gals as I could who work in banks, as nurses, teachers, etc.

2-1.jpg

Got a ruler across your knuckles, did you 555?

• Like 1

2-1.jpg

Got a ruler across your knuckles, did you 555?

not me but some of my friends that married thai teachers have a pretty rough row to hoe.

I would suggest he enjoys his life and doesn't go looking for the "right one". Keep young rented company (never giving your address or number) and enjoy the experience. One rarely finds what one is looking for, until one stops looking.

well the odds are certainly diminished if he's travelling with a rental.

Faz ... a great post.

Have ran out of likes, so please accept a ... thumbsup.gif

The member wilkes is typical of a new member who would ask such a question (cough) and may benefit from the experience of the members here.

@wilkes. I am similar age to yourself. I did some research before I decided to locate to Thailand.

I am financially solvent, but not rich. I didn't come here looking for a woman, indeed my intention was to remain single.

The girls however will find you, even if your not looking.

Introductions are probably the safest way to go, at least you can find out a little history about the girl first.

Take your time, don't be rushed, take things at your pace, not theirs.

I was advised to only consider a professional woman, as in a teacher, nurse or Government officer.

The simple reason being they would be better paid, pensions with fringe benefits for me such as free medical Insurance.

However it doesn't work like that.

I eventually got to know a normal working class girl, who appeared very nice, but I wasn't interested in a romantic relationship.

As I got to know more about this girl, her family and her personality, I found myself attracted to her.

I made certain things clear before engaging in a relationship, i.e. I wasn't rich and would never purchase property in Thailand.

That didn't phase her, she responded she wasn't looking for money, just a good hearted man.

Moving on, I've found a real gem. She is kind, caring, considerate and never asks for anything.

I don't know what the future holds but for now we are extremely happy.

Only fools rush in, time is on your side and there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Don't be ruled by the 'little' head, think with the 'big' head and go with your instincts not your heart.

bothered by the twins?

Nah ... I'm in Australia and they are in Thailand.

A bit of biggrin.png mixed in with crying.gif

Do miss MissFarmGirl and the boys a lot, a lot of the time.

No other real options for the moment.

I started this because one of the members posted that question on the 5th page of an unrelated OP and no-one would get to read and answer him.

Personally, I reckon a guy in his 40's, even his early 50's who is well dressed, looks reasonable, has a bit of coin, a bit of street smarts about him, has an open mind and doesn't think he is superior (God's gift to woman and Thailand) has got excellent chances of pulling a real keeper in Thailand.

As above, but a guy in his 30's is probably just chasing tail but isn't genuinely looking for a keeper.

Just my take on it ... doesn't mean it applies universally.

• Like 1

In Thailand, don't look.

When people start popping into your life, rule out the ones you would not date wherever you came from.

Job

Stability

Family

Ability to communicate

Friends

Alcohol

Drugs

Insanity

Take your time. Get to know the person. Getting laid should not be part of the initial equation.