Change from NON-O to Work Permit NON-B?

I was wondering whether there is a way that I not have to leave the country every 3 months. I already have NON-O which expires Dec 1. I also wonder whether its better to make NON-B as I have a work permit too. I get NON-O for the last 5 years without problems. I not want to make 3 month visa runs if possible. I got my Work permit with NON-O Visa, no NON-B Visa needed. Shouldn't there be a way that you can stay in the country 1 year without leaving every 3 months if you work?

As always, Thanks for constructive answers =)

sdflga

As you have a non-O and a WP you probably have the non-O based on Thai family.

You can apply for 1-year extension of stay based on Thai family.

An 1-year extension of stay based on employment requires more paper work.

From Police order 327/2557

2.18 In the case of being a family member of a Thai national (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouses children):

Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

(1) The alien must have been granted a nonimmigrant visa (NON-IM).

(2) The alien must have proof of relationship.

(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or

(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married,

must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person hereof is of illness

or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother: or

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.

In case the father or mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.

For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to

make decisions regarding approval on a case by case basis.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month

or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.

17. Picture of all the company's employees at work

18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Thanks for so fast answer!

So I just go for NON-O, but I will have to exit and re-enter the country every 3 month. I would really like to know whether there is a way so that I not have to exit and re-enter Thailand every 3 months. Work permit would be ok as paperwork is no issue for me if I could stay in Thailand the whole year.

Edited by sedeflonga

With an 1-year extension of stay you do not have to leave the country every 90 days.

You will have to make an 90 day report at immigrations in Thailand.

Paperwork:

1. Two application forms T.M. 7 with two photographs size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht

2. Copy Marriage Certificate

3. Copy Kor Ror 2 from amphur office, marriage registry (not older than six months, even if marriage certificate is under 6 months old)

4. Child's birth certificate (if any)

5. Copy wifes house registration (first page showing address and the page showing her details)

6. Copy wifes identity card

7. Copy passport (all pages with stamps), non-Im visa, arrival card.

8. Interview the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife

9. Map to residency (names of roads and house marked in Thai and GPS coordinates)

10. 3 Pictures, one showing you outside the house with wife and house number visible, One in bedroom, One showing time relaxing.

11. Copy house book from residence (signed by owner and a signed copy of their ID Card, as this may not be the wife in some cases) or rental contract.

12: Copy of the letter from the MFA showing you were able to marry

With money in bank option.

1. Letters from your bank same day or day before stating bank records, and a transaction list for the past two months.

2. Bank account must be in Husbands name, joint accounts will not qualify.

3. Letter from bank must show transaction during previous two months.

With Income in Thailand option

1. A copy of work permit (All stamped pages)

2. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt (PND.91) with receipt showing it has been paid

3: Copy of Company documents stamped and signed, Documents must be under 6 months old.

4: Letter of employment, stating location of employment, role and renumeration.

With Income from abroad.

1. Embassy letter stating your income.

All of the above in two copies, if not in BKK

• Like 1

If having a Non-O and applying for Work Permit, do I need the marriage details again?

Problem is we married in Europe and the Thai embassy did the name change in my wife passport. When she got the new passport (also ID card) in Thailand the information was lost.

So for Thailand she is officially not married. Changing that would cause a huge amount of work and document changes. I would like to avoid that....

I still get the Non-O easily in my home country from the consulate. But will I get the WP here with being married but not having the Thai documents?

If having a Non-O and applying for Work Permit, do I need the marriage details again?

Problem is we married in Europe and the Thai embassy did the name change in my wife passport. When she got the new passport (also ID card) in Thailand the information was lost.

So for Thailand she is officially not married. Changing that would cause a huge amount of work and document changes. I would like to avoid that....

I still get the Non-O easily in my home country from the consulate. But will I get the WP here with being married but not having the Thai documents?

You need to register you marriage at an Amphoe and get a Kor Ror 22.

You will need to do a self certification of your marriage certificate at your embassy by doing a statement.

Then have it and your marriage certificate translated to Thai. Then have the translation certified by the ministry of foreign affairs, The translation service can get the certification at the MFA for you.

Then you register your marriage at the Amphoe. They will update your wife's house book and give her the opportunity to change her name on her ID card.

I don't think that is the case. On your marriage certificate your wife appears with her maiden name. Whatever name change or document inconsistency doesn't make that document invalid so that not married. And you should be able to register your marriage in Thailand at any time.

By the way, for Thai law is not mandatory that the wife takes husband's last name, and whatever document she has with her maiden name is valid.

That being said I recommend that you make any necessary correction to all the documents, because vital records are not something once can be casual about.

Not a good option.....

houses, lands, bank accounts, shareowner papers, car, manager name change in the company.

On the German marriage documents there is the name change, so I doubt she can have 2 different names up to which country she is in.

I think better avoid that.....

Not a good option.....

houses, lands, bank accounts, shareowner papers, car, manager name change in the company.

On the German marriage documents there is the name change, so I doubt she can have 2 different names up to which country she is in.

I think better avoid that.....

You may be surprised to know organization have special provisions for people that has legally changed name due to marriage. It may not even needed to update the name.

Anyway, if you think it's better that your marriage is not registered in Thailand, the decision is ultimately up to you and your wife.

She does not have to change her name when you register the marriage. That is optional.

Really? Even the European Document says "Changed Name to:.......". In Thailand they would just ignore that and let her choose again?

She also worries that if she buys land, it gets more difficult (she read that the husband must sign that it isn't his money), but I don't know if this is true or not.

(she really hates bureaucratic things....).

So I care less for me, than I don't want to cause her any inconvenience....

Maybe the Non-O idea isn't as good as it seemed first.....

She does not have to change her name when you register the marriage. That is optional.

Really? Even the European Document says "Changed Name to:.......". In Thailand they would just ignore that and let her choose again?

She also worries that if she buys land, it gets more difficult (she read that the husband must sign that it isn't his money), but I don't know if this is true or not.

Not sure what document you are writing about. The marriage certificate is all you need to show at the Amphoe.

Different countries different laws.

Thailand since 2002 does not require the wife to take her husbands name.

My wife had no choice when when we got married in 2001. She has bought land and done many things including being village head for 5 years without a problem.

Not sure what document you are writing about. The marriage certificate is all you need to show at the Amphoe.

Different countries different laws.

Thailand since 2002 does not require the wife to take her husbands name.

My wife had no choice when when we got married in 2001. She has bought land and done many things including being village head for 5 years without a problem.

The marriage certificate in German language...we were married in Europe.... There is no Thai document at the moment (beside the name change in a 10 year expired passport).

At that time she went to the embassy, they could read the German marriage certificate, put in a stamp for name change and wrote her new name. But that change was never known in Thailand.

I see no problem with registering your marriage at an Amphoe and your wife keeping her name if she wants to.

Apparently all they did was a annotation in that old Thai passport showing a name change. That is why there is no record of it here.

• Like 1