U.S. firms keen to expand business in Thailand

webfact

U.S. firms keen to expand business in Thailand

11-4-2014-9-54-20-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Leading U.S. firms have expressed interest to expand their investment in Thailand as the government is stepping up efforts to fight corruption and bolster the economy, Government spokesman Yongyuth Mayalarp said.

The businessmen led by chairperson of the U.S.-ASEAN Business Council called on Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha at Government House Monday.

The spokesman said General Prayut informed the U.S. businessmen that his government is implementing the democracy-restoration roadmap and undertaking national reform in 11 major areas with participation of people from all walks of life.

The prime minister also said his government attaches importance to bolstering national economy, focusing on infrastructure investment.

He said the prime minister also told the U.S. businessmen that his government has instructed the Board of Investment of Thailand (BoI) to revise regulations to support foreign firms in Thailand and grant them more privileges.

The businessmen were also informed that the government plans to open more special economic zones along the border, he said.

According to Yongyuth, the U.S. businessmen are keen to invest in Thailand’s energy, basic infrastructure, information technology and medical tourism industries.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/u-s-firms-keen-expand-business-thailand/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-04

More BS. A real announcement would name names and list plans. A real announcement would headline something like:

"Ford Motor Company of the US has announced plans to begin building a large manufacturing plant on X street in Rayong. According to X, who is vice president of Thailand Enterprises for Ford is quoted as saying construction would begin before the end of this year and the plant would employ more than 500 new workers"

" U.S. firms have expressed interest to expand their investment in Thailand"

I think you are having a problem distinguishing the difference between the word "interest" and other words like "committed" and "planned"

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

More lies from The Ministry of Propaganda!!coffee1.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

Given the real possibility of another dismal tourist season, they need something to make themselves feel better.

These are feel good missions to tread the water, the position is strengthening in the US , so these places offer very few attractions for new investment ,especially if your business has all renewable energy and you are paid to supply into the grid system along with a consumer lead economy, stable government and policed rules and regulations, the advantages start to out weigh the disadvantages in some area's, Thailand needs to come up to speed and many fronts. Declaration: I am not from The US.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

yes, pure propaganda. Why don't they post what businesses are really saying about trying to do business in the land of protectionism, out dated bureaucracy. and xenophobia.

Thailand... if you really want foreign investment instead of trying to rip off foreign businesses, then let foreigners own a business outright just like they let Thais own businesses in any other Western country.

Cut out the ridiculous work permit procedures of leaving the country to get a NonB. Having to go to Immigration's several times to complete the process and the absurd 90 day check in. You are getting our tax money why the hell do you need us to take time off work to go wait at your offices all day.

Thai employees entitled to 30 sick days a year not to mention the severance packages. Who gets sick 30 days a year anyway?

Nothing is in place to attract foreign investment here. Who the hell are you fooling with this crap?

• Like 1

More lies from The Ministry of Propaganda!!coffee1.gif

I TOTALLY AGREE.

They kept me hanging on for a YEAR and MY EMBASSY was involved.

They then kept changing the rules because they could not understand how my business is linked to the Australian Government. And they kept saying YES YES YES.

It got so close and they then said that they were not sure if they could approve the application because the manager was not understanding what I did. In fact they also told me PRIVATELY that MORE BUSINESS is leaving than is being approved because THE MANAGER has NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING

So $1million went to Vietnam!

"BANGKOK: -- Leading U.S. firms have expressed interest to expand their investment in Thailand as the government is stepping up efforts to fight corruption and bolster the economy, Government spokesman Yongyuth Mayalarp said" I wonder if these leading American firms knows about this? It's just smoke and mirrors or they would probably have named the firms that are queuing up to invest. you know, like, "Thailand in talks with 'x' company about the possibility of investing in Thailand"

More BS. A real announcement would name names and list plans. A real announcement would headline something like:

"Ford Motor Company of the US has announced plans to begin building a large manufacturing plant on X street in Rayong. According to X, who is vice president of Thailand Enterprises for Ford is quoted as saying construction would begin before the end of this year and the plant would employ more than 500 new workers"

YES AGREED and what are they getting?

"TOYOTA MOTOR COMPANY is think of moving production to Philippines"

And a lot more to come

I think you are having a problem distinguishing the difference between the word "interest" and other words like "committed" and "planned"

And they do not understand the word "ARE" as in ARE INVESTING.

As I said earlier I was supported by the Assistant Ambassador at my Embassy, the TRADE COMMISSIONER and we all went to the BOI. NOTHING NOTHING at all. They are just dumb asses who think WE WANT TO throw our money away. One of the clinchers for me was they sated I need ed to RENT AN OFFICE minimum 60,000 baht per month. I was already exceeding the investment requirements by HEAPS.

Ignorant imbeciles.

And they do not understand the word "ARE" as in ARE INVESTING.

As I said earlier I was supported by the Assistant Ambassador at my Embassy, the TRADE COMMISSIONER and we all went to the BOI. NOTHING NOTHING at all. They are just dumb asses who think WE WANT TO throw our money away. One of the clinchers for me was they sated I need ed to RENT AN OFFICE minimum 60,000 baht per month. I was already exceeding the investment requirements by HEAPS.

Ignorant imbeciles.

I doubt anyone who has been involved previously will want to do business here. The talk is all crap.

I am interested in finding out about doing business here.

Its just like surfing the net, I am interested in doing that but I am not committed to it.

Its all diplomatic chat to make every one feel good. And to protect whats here already of course.

Below a quote from another Tver...thanks for that.

US and Thai relations have become a little frosty over the military coup...the Chinese and Japanese are more accepting of Thai politics...have not over reacted and are in the driver's seat for Thai business development...while the US will not be considered a most favored nation...

In the article they mentioned that the American's are keen to invest in Thailand because the PM's plan on tackling corruption etc... They should begin with tackling corruption at the Revenue Department. I remember about 2 years ago I had a long drawn out issue with the Revenue Department. My accountant organized and completed all of my companies paperwork to submit to the Revenue Department around February. I was expecting a hefty return due to the VAT I paid during construction of my office etc... I had several visits from the Revenue Department to my office and I had several meetings with them at their offices. The Revenue Department was trying to find anything they could to back out of having to pay me what they owed. In all honesty, up until April of that year, I had no clue that I was expecting a return, but man oh man what a pain in the ass it was to get what was owed to me. From April to December it was a constant argument with these people and 100% of the delay in payment was due specifically to the Revenue Department trying to either negotiate the amount that would be paid to me or payback for refusing to negotiate the money owed to me. They told me straight out at their office...this can all go away and you can walk out of here today with 30%. My smart ass response to them was why would I want to walk out of here with 30% of 100% of my own money. Well, you can imagine how angry they were so of course they stalled and continued trying to find ways to not pay me 100% of the money owed. I finally got fed up and showed up at their doors and got into a massive argument with them and threatened to show up next time with my lawyer (I should have done so since the beginning). I walked out with the letter I needed to take to another department to collect my money. It took me 9 months of arguing and fulfilling stupid requirements to get the money owed to me by the Thai Government.

I really began regretting ever establishing a Thai company and up until this day, I'm considering moving everything out of Thailand.

To this day, I dread dealing with the Revenue Department.

They should also restructure the 4 Thai employees situation to every Farang. There's ways around it, but it's a major pain. As an example, it makes no sense if you have let's say 2 Farangs partnered in one company that must hire 8 Thai employees by law when let's say you really only need 4 employees in the company. By law...many companies that abide by it will have a massive excess of Thai's just sitting around doing nothing except collecting a paycheck and benefits. It's totally ridiculous!

A lot needs to be restructured in Thailand.

These are feel good missions to tread the water, the position is strengthening in the US , so these places offer very few attractions for new investment ,especially if your business has all renewable energy and you are paid to supply into the grid system along with a consumer lead economy, stable government and policed rules and regulations, the advantages start to out weigh the disadvantages in some area's, Thailand needs to come up to speed and many fronts. Declaration: I am not from The US.coffee1.gif

Chainarong ... the USA (and Australian; as I'm Aussie) media is as duplicitous (the economic position of the USA is strengthening) as the Thai media ...