Be Careful Of Firefox!

Niloc

Turned on the computer this morning and Mozilla pops up to tell me there is a new version of Firefox available. Download it, execute the installation and away it goes.

I am asked if I would like to start Firefox and select 'yes', fires up OK but all my bookmarks have vanished!

Rebooted (always reboot with Windows, solution to all problems!) but still no bookmarks, even ThaiVisa has gone....

So be careful (or as a Canadian would say, 'take care'), update Firefox and you just might looze all your bookmarks!

Turned on the computer this morning and Mozilla pops up to tell me there is a new version of Firefox available. Download it, execute the installation and away it goes.

I am asked if I would like to start Firefox and select 'yes', fires up OK but all my bookmarks have vanished!

Rebooted (always reboot with Windows, solution to all problems!) but still no bookmarks, even ThaiVisa has gone....

So be careful (or as a Canadian would say, 'take care'), update Firefox and you just might looze all your bookmarks!

I updated yesterday no problem, all my bookmarks still there. :o

Tuesday 01/08/06

Fired up the machine this morning and guess what? All my bookmarks have gone AGAIN!!

I reinstalled Firefox but if it happens again I will uninstall and install the old version which luckily I have on a CD.

The number of times over the years I have installed the latest and greatest only to find all it brings is trouble. Probably its a bit like cars, the old model has all the bugs ironed out and if it works for you, leave it alone. Maybe this is the reason I still use Windows 2000?

Never lost bookmarks with Firefox updates since version 1.0 but perhaps I've just been lucky.

Anyway, consider installing Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer extension. It's very handy for automatically keeping bookmarks on different computers in sync - and besides it would serve as a backup if they were lost on the PC.

I had the automatic update too to the 1.5005 : my bookmarks INSIDE folders were all erased, but not the ones that were not in folders.

:o

Mai pen rai, i have a backup.

By the way : what is the language version of your firefox ? Mine is french. Might be an issue, if I may say.

:D